Rotoworld.com Forums

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think they run all over ATL today. They won’t be hesitant to give the ball to Mattison 35 times since they expect to get Cook back after the bye.

Jefferson will need a big play to return WR2 or better value... I anticipate 6 or less targets incoming.

Lol, I was juuuuust a little bit wrong about this call. ūüėā

• Haha 4
On 9/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, pdog109 said:

Vikings will have to throw more i think. There defense looked shaky and suspect. Holding Jefferson for now.

Wonder why I'm not being personally attacked for this. Hmmm.

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think they run all over ATL today. They won’t be hesitant to give the ball to Mattison 35 times since they expect to get Cook back after the bye.

Jefferson will need a big play to return WR2 or better value... I anticipate 6 or less targets incoming.

4iyog8.jpg

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Top 5 WR ROS

Nope. Just as folks were saying there's nothing here and he isn't worth starting after he busted last week now everyone is going to rush to start him against the Packers and he'll bust. Then they'll sit him against Detroit and he'll go wild like this again. Then they'll start him against Chicago (bust), sit him against Dallas after he gets 3 or 4 points against Chicago and he'll get 180 yards and 2 or 3 TDs against Dallas. Then they'll play him (he'll bust), then sit him against Jax (boom) and then play him against TB (bust). Jefferson's a great WR to have on one's roster and someone who will give you WR1 numbers every other week and then bench numbers every other week. Top 5 WR ROS on alternating weeks I could buy.  

• Thanks 1
On 10/12/2020 at 8:58 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

If all you need is a starting spot and some nice words from the QB, then that’s your decision.

Some of us like to make conclusions based more off what actually happens on the field.

How are those results for you? You cannot wait to see this before you start him.  That's what I meant by chasing points.  Shooters shoot.

16 minutes ago, Magoo said:

How are those results for you? You cannot wait to see this before you start him.  That's what I meant by chasing points.  Shooters shoot.

I’ll give credit where credit is due... Cousins gave him a lot of love today and the kid absolutely crushed it. 

This game definitely didn’t go the way I was expecting.  I was expecting this last week in Seattle when I started him, but the script of these two games flipped and I missed out... perfect storm of opportunity for JJ today, especially with Mattison not being used in the passing game at all like Cook typically is.

I was between WFT and Red Zone all day, so I’ll have to watch his full highlights to see how they were using him, but the target #s are certainly promising for him moving forward to suggest that his floor might be a bit higher than originally expected.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Nope. Just as folks were saying there's nothing here and he isn't worth starting after he busted last week now everyone is going to rush to start him against the Packers and he'll bust. Then they'll sit him against Detroit and he'll go wild like this again. Then they'll start him against Chicago (bust), sit him against Dallas after he gets 3 or 4 points against Chicago and he'll get 180 yards and 2 or 3 TDs against Dallas. Then they'll play him (he'll bust), then sit him against Jax (boom) and then play him against TB (bust). Jefferson's a great WR to have on one's roster and someone who will give you WR1 numbers every other week and then bench numbers every other week. Top 5 WR ROS on alternating weeks I could buy.  

Other than the top 5 WR on a year in year basis like Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, pretty much every fantasy receiver over the last 5 yrs is boom or bust. Most inconsistent position but also can single handedly win you weeks with the boom games. 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’ll give credit where credit is due... Cousins gave him a lot of love today and the kid absolutely crushed it. 

This game definitely didn’t go the way I was expecting.  I was expecting this last week in Seattle when I started him, but the script of these two games flipped and I missed out... perfect storm of opportunity for JJ today, especially with Mattison not being used in the passing game at all like Cook typically is.

I was between WFT and Red Zone all day, so I’ll have to watch his full highlights to see how they were using him, but the target #s are certainly promising for him moving forward to suggest that his floor might be a bit higher than originally expected.

Cousins is such trash. Only feels safe when he locks into Thielen. I can’t make sense of much else week to week tbh.

26 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Cousins is such trash. Only feels safe when he locks into Thielen. I can’t make sense of much else week to week tbh.

He was so bad today, at least from the INTs I saw on RZ... Reminded me of a 2019 Jameis performance.

I had Godwin last year, so I loved it. Today it worked for Jefferson.

Well hopefully after that monster of a game, Cousins continues to look his way. We said that after his other two stellar games though, and it went right back to 4 targets. This MN team doesn't pass enough for him to be consistent, unfortunately. I'm happy they had him in on redzone plays today though, that's a change for the better.

Edited by harck

It was pretty much all garbage time, but it was some sweet, sweet garbage time for fantasy purposes.

Still think he'll be inconsistent for 2020. When Cook comes back they will run, run, run. And when they don't, there's still Thielen.

Edited by Jericho
30 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It was pretty much all garbage time, but it was some sweet, sweet garbage time for fantasy purposes.

Still think he'll be inconsistent for 2020. When Cook comes back they will run, run, run. And when they don't, there's still Thielen.

Won't be able to run all that much if the defense keeps bleeding the way that it has been.

So what are everyone's thoughts on Jefferson's ROS and playing him week to week? Thinking of selling high off this performance, but evidently rumors are circulating that Thielen has requested a trade. That could potentially lock in Jefferson as a WR1 ros... tough call.