Flyman75

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

I started him due to Johnson's injury but now I don't think I can sit him. I really just drafted him along with two other rookie WRs hoping at least one would amount to something. This kind of production at a 10th-round price tag is straight money.

5 minutes ago, harck said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on Jefferson's ROS and playing him week to week? Thinking of selling high off this performance, but evidently rumors are circulating that Thielen has requested a trade. That could potentially lock in Jefferson as a WR1 ros... tough call.

If you can sell high you can but I'm cool riding this out. This team doesn't have a good defense anymore and will have to throw to win games all year.

11 minutes ago, harck said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on Jefferson's ROS and playing him week to week? Thinking of selling high off this performance, but evidently rumors are circulating that Thielen has requested a trade. That could potentially lock in Jefferson as a WR1 ros... tough call.

Thielen requesting a trade is news to me, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest this?

Starting to look like Jefferson made Burrow, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Traditionally, Zimmer is a run first coach. He wants to run the ball whenever possible.

This past game script wasn't only the result of the defense, Cousins threw 3 interceptions in the first half. They are going to avoid throwing at all costs, until they are forced to and it really depends on how Cousins performs. 

For those reasons, I'm considering selling high on him because I could use a top 20 RB.

Edited by cerealntacos

4 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

Traditionally, Zimmer is a run first coach. He wants to run the ball whenever possible.

This past game script wasn't only the result of the defense, Cousins threw 3 interceptions in the first half. They are going to avoid throwing at all costs, until they are forced to and it really depends on how Cousins performs. 

For those reasons, I'm considering selling high on him because I could use a top 20 RB.

Who are you hoping to get in return?

28 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

While true, their defense is an abomination.  Therefore, I don't think they'll have much of a choice.  But, if someone is willing to pay up, cool.

I traded him a few days ago for Ronald Jones. Not sure how I feel with that blowup game. I might end up regretting it in the long run. Vikes defense is putrid. 

2 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

I traded him a few days ago for Ronald Jones. Not sure how I feel with that blowup game. I might end up regretting it in the long run. Vikes defense is putrid. 

Just go view the game logs to ease your mind. Has Cousins ever shown consistency? Even Diggs was so up and down when he was there. I wouldn't sweat it.

7 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

While true, their defense is an abomination.  Therefore, I don't think they'll have much of a choice.  But, if someone is willing to pay up, cool.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. 

vs Colts

- Cousins has 3 ints, Vikings go down big

- Favorable game script for JJ

- JJ 3 for 44 yards

vs Titans

- Cousins has 2 ints , Vikings never go down big

- neautral game script, ran ball 30 times

- JJ goes off 7 for 175 yrds

vs Texans

- Cousins no ints, 1 TD

- vikings up most of the game, ran ball 40 times

- JJ goes 4 for 100 yrds

vs Seahawks

- Vikings dominated first half, ran ball 40 times

- JJ goes 3 for 23 yards

Point is, those teams score points - aside from colts , im not sure its just the defense that is the problem. If cousins plays better and limits turn overs, this team will run it into their throats. I can afford to trade JJ, im in a good spot with receivers, but if you cant afford to trade him then his outlook still has potential, its just game script dependent. 

If cousins plays good, limits turn overs. I'd expect 3-4 catches for 70 yards

if cousins throws 2+ ints, I'd expect 7-8 catches 140 yards

43 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

I don't know if that's necessarily true. 

vs Colts

- Cousins has 3 ints, Vikings go down big

- Favorable game script for JJ

- JJ 3 for 44 yards

I probably wouldn't count the first 2 weeks of the season, he was playing behind Johnson, and wasn't being used as he is now. It wasn't until week 3 where the coaches talked about using him more before kickoff.

• Like 1

3 out of the 4 weeks he has started JJ has produced. The 1 bad week he was open for big plays and one play Cousins under threw him for an interception, the other, Cousins had pressure in his face and could not make the throw. Both could have been big gains. He gets open easy, the production will be there. If you are stacked at WR, and considering he was a late pick or waiver add that is a possibility, take the production or trade someone for upgrades. I am done starting JuJu Smith-Putrid. Jefferson has earned my trust. 

31 minutes ago, AJx88x said:

I probably wouldn't count the first 2 weeks of the season, he was playing behind Johnson, and wasn't being used as he is now. It wasn't until week 3 where the coaches talked about using him more before kickoff.

Good points.

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Just go view the game logs to ease your mind. Has Cousins ever shown consistency? Even Diggs was so up and down when he was there. I wouldn't sweat it.

Cousins is not consistent but he can definitely sustain 2 fantasy WRs. Diggs was inconsistent because Thielen was generally the guy and the team philosophy shifted heavily to run first. Much less volume to go around. After that Diggs wanted out of Minnesota and yes he was up and down. He still was relevant for sure but the run heavy scheme made it inconsistent. The fact of the matter is that Minnesota's defense has completely fallen apart and they can no longer run the ball as much as they'd like to. They abandoned the run yesterday. Last season they would have never done that. It's shifted back to a system where 2 WRs are easily viable. That being said, Jefferson for Ronald Jones is fine. They are both breaking out.

Edited by Benjamin1984

1 hour ago, AJx88x said:

And you could see even with the few catches he had in games 1 and 2 he moved at a different speed esp when he caught the ball.  Just weird it took so long.

To me you could argue that he'll be up and down for sure and it is likely. We have seen what his weekly upside is though and it is massive. These are the players I like to leave in my flex or WR2/3 spot. I don't value floor as much in some players and this is one of them. We can all live with a couple of duds each week, even some of my best weeks have those duds in there. Not having enough players with a high ceiling in your lineup is what loses you weeks in fantasy. This guy has proven to be a week winner until further notice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Not having enough players with a high ceiling in your lineup is what loses you weeks in fantasy

This x1000.  

Where do you guys rank JJ ROS in PPR, like what tier?

15-20?

20-25?

25-30?

30+?

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

15-20?

20-25?

25-30?

30+?

Top 10, possibly better. He's a WR1 and one of the best in the league, it's not too difficult to see. Vikings D is bad too so they will have to throw, this is 2014 Odell again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

15-20?

20-25?

25-30?

30+?

20-25 or 25-30. Low end WR2 high end WR3 for me. Run first team and the consistent volume just isn’t there right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ty5592 said:

20-25 or 25-30. Low end WR2 high end WR3 for me. Run first team and the consistent volume just isn’t there right now. 

Yeah I'm thinking right around 25, but ups and downs week to week.

21 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

20-30 puts him in the Darius Slayton, Keelan Cole, Crowder, Brandin Cooks, Cole Beasley range. 

Jefferson is the current WR6 and has put up 467 yards and 3 TDs in the 4 games he has played full snaps. Those players have never had a 4 game stretch like this in their careers.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Please name 29 other receivers you would start over JJ? 30... lmao.  I get you missed out on him, but let's be a little bit reasonable here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1