Flyman75

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Yes 100%. Jefferson may already be one the of the best receivers in the league.  So yea I trust any QB to start targeting the best of the best.  And as terrible as Cousins is at least he isn't Mayfield bad.  So he's got that going for him.  Which is nice.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

giphy.gif

Respect for catching it.

• Like 1

It is so hard to find a set and forget WR2 this early in the season but I think we've finally arrived on one.  That TD where he was being tackled at the gl, barrell rolled over the defender, and had the presence of mind and effort to stick the ball out backwards over the plane was so impressive. Looked like a seasoned veteran on that play.  Guy is born playmaker and so much fun to watch.

Edited by CletisVanDamme

Two things written here stand out for me:

• who are you willing to trade for him? McLaurin, Chark, Boyd or DJ Moore? These are more or less WR2 on the season. But I wouldn't trade him for any of these guys tbh. So in my mind he is a WR2 with tremendous upside every week.

• For most of us he is probably the WR3 on your team maybe even WR4  so you can fill your flex spot with a solid floor and a boom for ceiling. That is how you win weeks.

5 hours ago, dorwell said:

Two things written here stand out for me:

• who are you willing to trade for him? McLaurin, Chark, Boyd or DJ Moore? These are more or less WR2 on the season. But I wouldn't trade him for any of these guys tbh. So in my mind he is a WR2 with tremendous upside every week.

• For most of us he is probably the WR3 on your team maybe even WR4  so you can fill your flex spot with a solid floor and a boom for ceiling. That is how you win weeks.

I agree with everything you said here but I might take McLaurin. McLaurin and Jefferson are for sure the 2 WRs I have the most shares of so I don't have to choose here lol.

For those that would trade him, or even for those that are thinking about trading him, what equal type of RB would you take/give for JJ? What is his comparable RB value?

10 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

For those that would trade him, or even for those that are thinking about trading him, what equal type of RB would you take/give for JJ? What is his comparable RB value?

RB1 to borderline RB1 pretty much

Just now, beotos said:

I think in a vacuum this is accurate. But taking into the account the RB situation this year, no one is giving up their borderline RB1 for Justin Jefferson. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beotos said:

Borderline at best until his role in KC becomes clearer. I think RB2 is more fair from a trade perspective, and even that is based mostly on projection.

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I think in a vacuum this is accurate. But taking into the account the RB situation this year, no one is giving up their borderline RB1 for Justin Jefferson. 

There's 18-20 RBs I would trade him for right now in a situation where I am desperate for RB and stacked at WR

On 10/20/2020 at 1:05 PM, Magoo said:

Trap games and duds always always happen. Dunbar played him very well.  Kirk got skittish after the pick and locked in on Thielen. You can't just say that to presume he can't be a WR1.  Look at Thielen in this year. Crazy TD pace propping up value.  That definitely will regress. Three of the six games he had only 3 catches.  Two of them only 5 targets.  He very nearly could have had 3 duds especially last week (which was also an obvious trap game with Julio returning)

Sure you could say the other games he went bananas and proved his WR1 upside but Jefferson very clearly has that single game upside (maybe higher too).

The only takeaway about Jefferson's low floor is that his upside is reliant on great matchups (Same for everyone). 

But to be clear the Seattle matchup was anything but cake because Dunbar was back.  It's fine if hack analysts keep looking at rankings without regard to injured players returning but that doesn't mean we need to.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Seattle game was played in the rain.  Until the final game-winning drive, even likely MVP favorite (so far) Russell Wilson had only thrown for 140 yards.  Tough to throw and catch that night. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, D-dub said:

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Seattle game was played in the rain.  Until the final game-winning drive, even likely MVP favorite (so far) Russell Wilson had only thrown for 140 yards.  Tough to throw and catch that night. 

Very good point.  Forgot about that.

4 minutes ago, D-dub said:

Yeah he's locked and loaded right now. He's a WR3/flex for a ton of people like me based on where he was being drafted. He occupies what would be a lower leverage play in lineups. To have a WR3/flex have the potential to easily be your best player any given week is a pretty nice thing to have lol. It's like DJax on steroids right now.

Just FYI Vikings just traded Yannick away. They are going full rebuild and that defense just got worst....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Just FYI Vikings just traded Yannick away. They are going full rebuild and that defense just got worst....

My thoughts exactly, a worse DST only helps our guy with increasingly negative game scripts.

My only worry is Thielen is next on the trade block and our boy draws the best CBs and/or double coverage every week.

Edited by harck

1 hour ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

My thoughts exactly, a worse DST only helps our guy with increasingly negative game scripts.

George Iloka done for the year as well. If you were not on board before, I don’t know what you are waiting for. The Viking are clearly packing it up for the season. Every reason to get the young stud involved more and more.

1. A Vikings defense that wasn't very good to begin with is falling part even more

2. Green Bay spanked them week 1 and should have no problem doing so again

3. Garbage time

Another blowup spot again for him this week?

He's coming in around number 15ish on "expert" rankings this week. It's the highest I've ever seen him. 

13 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

1. A Vikings defense that wasn't very good to begin with is falling part even more

2. Green Bay spanked them week 1 and should have no problem doing so again

3. Garbage time

Another blowup spot again for him this week?

He's coming in around number 15ish on "expert" rankings this week. It's the highest I've ever seen him. 

Who does Jaire Alexander cover?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Who does Jaire Alexander cover?

Good question.

I know that Alexander covered Fuller this past weekend and he plays on the outside, where Jefferson has primarily played as of late. 

I'm not sure if he shadows or covers the slot where Thielen should dominate.

Last time Alexander Jaire shadowed Thielen, but who knows if this time he shifts to Jefferson.

Edited by harck

Anyone concerned about how the weather will affect Cousins getting the ball to Jefferson? 19 to 25 mph sustained winds with gusts to 40 is the forecast. 

9 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Anyone concerned about how the weather will affect Cousins getting the ball to Jefferson? 19 to 25 mph sustained winds with gusts to 40 is the forecast. 

Yeah that is concerning right now. We will have to wait until Sunday morning and see what’s up.  Carolina Atlanta was supposed to have sustained winds that dissipated somewhat before game time 

49 minutes ago, rizon said:

Yeah that is concerning right now. We will have to wait until Sunday morning and see what’s up.  Carolina Atlanta was supposed to have sustained winds that dissipated somewhat before game time 

But we all know how that turned out... what was supposed to be a shoot out turned into a hot mess... perhaps it was more of the rain? but the game was god awful

I really want to play him for his boom potential (dude's ceiling is unreal), but the winds + rain + GB secondary make it tough for me.