Flyman75

Justin Jefferson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

One more thing- you say you value him similar to Terry last year.  Terry had a 16 game pace of 66/1050/8 last year, which yes if you could have at at your WR3 would be wonderful in theory, but that is well within WR2 range on paper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings had no business giving a 30 year old wide out an end around. I think it revealed something about Jefferson. The kid is absolutely legit. You have to keep Adam happy but the truth is, Jefferson is probably far more gifted and talented a receiver. When teams start going out of their way to maufacture touches for the veteran receiver, you know the kid is pushing the issue. Not saying Thielen is done, but he is no longer the most talented wideout on the team. The only thing standing in the way of a HUGE season is Thielen's longevity. They will do what they can to keep the vet happy so expect lots of forced targets. But I can't help but believe it feels different throwing it up to JJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Vikings had no business giving a 30 year old wide out an end around. I think it revealed something about Jefferson. The kid is absolutely legit. You have to keep Adam happy but the truth is, Jefferson is probably far more gifted and talented a receiver. When teams start going out of their way to maufacture touches for the veteran receiver, you know the kid is pushing the issue. Not saying Thielen is done, but he is no longer the most talented wideout on the team. The only thing standing in the way of a HUGE season is Thielen's longevity. They will do what they can to keep the vet happy so expect lots of forced targets. But I can't help but believe it feels different throwing it up to JJ. 

haha I didn't see that. Interesting to note for sure tho. 

Honestly, I'd prefer that Thielen stays healthy and dangerous. If Thielen goes down who's even a threat from MIN? It'd just be CB1s and double teams all year for our boy JJ if Thielen goes down, so here's to Adam having a long, healthy, decoy-like season hahaa

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping Adam can coexist with Justin like he did with Diggs.   They help each other.  Less doubles for Adam and number 2’s on Justin.  A win win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I am hoping Adam can coexist with Justin like he did with Diggs.   They help each other.  Less doubles for Adam and number 2’s on Justin.  A win win.

This is what I hope for as well... owning both

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Has he been primarily playing from the slot, or are they putting him on the outside frequently?

 

He's been on the outside the majority of his snaps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Cannot wait to watch him against the SEA secondary...

It's an enticing matchup for sure. I wonder how many people out there will be starting Jefferson for the first time. He doesn't have a big sample size but his talent jumps off the film 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 1:44 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Vikings had no business giving a 30 year old wide out an end around. I think it revealed something about Jefferson. The kid is absolutely legit. You have to keep Adam happy but the truth is, Jefferson is probably far more gifted and talented a receiver. When teams start going out of their way to maufacture touches for the veteran receiver, you know the kid is pushing the issue. Not saying Thielen is done, but he is no longer the most talented wideout on the team. The only thing standing in the way of a HUGE season is Thielen's longevity. They will do what they can to keep the vet happy so expect lots of forced targets. But I can't help but believe it feels different throwing it up to JJ. 

You’re the same guy who said Julio was getting traded right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

 

He's been on the outside the majority of his snaps.

 

Yeah, he came in as a slot 'specialist' .. maybe not specialist but that's what he did, and it fit his game. Super solid route running, not necessarily super athletic or flashy, not consistent separater, but knew how to get open enough to get the ball and rarely dropped it. And now here he is burning people and catching contested deep balls. Averaging like 20 YPR or something. You gotta love it. If he can do THAT and what he demonstrated mastery of at LSU, the sky is the limit. He's a buy high IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting him over Diontae Johnson this week trusting he makes plays, but I really dont want to put my faith in Kirk Cousins. Hoping for a big week with this over/under. High end WR2 with upside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

It's an enticing matchup for sure. I wonder how many people out there will be starting Jefferson for the first time. He doesn't have a big sample size but his talent jumps off the film 

Starting him for the first time. Hoping we strike gold here like some of us did with JRob. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Starting him for the first time. Hoping we strike gold here like some of us did with JRob. 

Same. And same. I'm going with Jefferson over both Lamb and Boyd this week because I just cannot leave this matchup on my bench after what he did the last 2 weeks.

Hoping for something in the 6/130/1 neighborhood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theantishere said:

Starting him for the first time. Hoping we strike gold here like some of us did with JRob. 

Mannn JRob is the truth and likely the best FF pick of 2020. If JJ can be the same for WRs, he can take his owners to the promised land. Let's goooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JAG_challam said:

Wow, good luck!

Not that bold a play, considering Diggs probably isn’t playing this week...

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smeeze said:

Not that bold a play, considering Diggs probably isn’t playing this week...

Jefferson could easily finish the same amount of pts given his upside and this insane over/under. Its just up to Cousins how this game plays out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smeeze said:

Not that bold a play, considering Diggs probably isn’t playing this week...

Oh lol right. I didn't think about them playing against COVID ground zero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Mannn JRob is the truth and likely the best FF pick of 2020. If JJ can be the same for WRs, he can take his owners to the promised land. Let's goooo

Totally hoping for the same. Im playing Jefferson over Mixon and Woods this week. Please take us to there!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s goooooo. Kids a stud. Just need Kirk to stand tall in the pocket and not be scared to take a chance downfield on this kid. JJ is a playmaker and I’m excited to see what he does in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to believe Cousins is feeling A LOT more confident knowing he has two EXCELLENT options at wide receiver. One of those options doesn't require perfect ball placement either. The other is a master at getting open. Win win. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member