Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

In redraft I'm close to cutting him lose... however I would hold on very tightly in dynasty. Give it a year to shake out... cus the kid can play.

• Like 2

Best to view him as an end of bench stash ... a lotto ticket.

Still holding in my 10er with 6 man benches + 2 IR Spots.

I have that luxury, but not everyone does. I get that 

Ravens rush attack, need a small piece of it ... however miniscule. 

Gus the Bus misses time = Dobbins low end RB2

Ingram "Big Truss" misses time = Dobbins High end RB2 / low end RB1 

• Like 1

Top RB rookies don't always take over right away. Look at Chubb's rookie year for instance. If you drop Dobbins and he gets more opportunities mid-season you'll regret it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

[...] I was interested in holding to see if it became a thing, but the reality is this situation is really no different than any other RBBC this year, with the added caveat that the QB also eats up a lot of the rushing yards. It reminds me a bit of the situation in Buffalo. There's the "running" QB and then two guys behind him that in theory get around the same amount of burn. Now add another RB to that mix. Similar to the situation in Dallas with Gallup. Too many mouths to feed. 

Of the rookie RBs drafted in the top 6 or so rounds of drafts, I think the only one with real potential to still make an impact this year is Swift, and I only think that happens with a coaching change.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Posted (edited)

I've still got him.. I usually dump my kicker and IDP during the week and carry free pickups.. he's on my short list of droppable players once sunday comes. Trying to pull off a 2 for one trade to clear bench space. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck

On 10/5/2020 at 6:39 PM, RunCMC said:

Best to view him as an end of bench stash ... a lotto ticket.

Still holding in my 10er with 6 man benches + 2 IR Spots.

I have that luxury, but not everyone does. I get that 

Ravens rush attack, need a small piece of it ... however miniscule. 

Gus the Bus misses time = Dobbins low end RB2

Ingram "Big Truss" misses time = Dobbins High end RB2 / low end RB1 

Agree with all of that. :knucks:

• Like 1

Ravens made the wholesale change to Ljax and Gus the Bus 2 seasons ago immediately after their bye. If Dobbins gets an increase in usage (injuries not withstanding) it's probably then (week 8). 

12 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Ravens made the wholesale change to Ljax and Gus the Bus 2 seasons ago immediately after their bye. If Dobbins gets an increase in usage (injuries not withstanding) it's probably then (week 8). 

Sooner would be better, obviously. But, yeah...I can wait til then. 

9 hours ago, rylaughlin said:

If Dobbins gets an increase in usage (injuries not withstanding) it's probably then (week 8). 

This! I'll cut him after Week 9-10. I need to see more before I cut him. Him getting 15+ touches in this offense would be insane for fantasy points

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

This! I'll cut him after Week 9-10. I need to see more before I cut him. Him getting 15+ touches in this offense would be insane for fantasy points

Yup. [...] I think that's the key. If you can hold him through the bye then do it. Kid has serious talent.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, Buckmcbuck said:

In redraft I'm close to cutting him lose... however I would hold on very tightly in dynasty. Give it a year to shake out... cus the kid can play.

I just shuddered at the thought of some poor soul selling him in dynasty

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I traded him a couple weeks ago and the guy just dropped him.  Hoping I can clear a space ASAP.  Will be picking up.  Chubb comparison is a good one, I want him for the second half of the season. 

Did anyone watch the game vs Cincy? He had one carry for 34 yards and caught three balls, the third down usage is at least encouraging.

Dude is averaging 7.9 yards per carry lol. 

• Like 1

ill hold longer, he's been electric any time he touches the ball i just dont get how they justify not giving him a share of touches at some point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Did anyone watch the game vs Cincy? He had one carry for 34 yards and caught three balls, the third down usage is at least encouraging.

Dude is averaging 7.9 yards per carry lol. 

As we've seen before, guys with very limited usage can see high YPC. Let's see how he looks once he's getting a reasonable amount of carries. 

My theory is Baltimore is just trying to keep everybody fresh for a playoff push. I also think they would love to "hide" Dobbins as much as possible. If they were losing or really had their backs against a wall, I think they would show their hand and feed the rookie. Sucks for fantasy though. I'm holding him hoping the touches come, plus there's not a better RB that's just an injury away, imo. At least he's getting hurry up and 3rd down work for now. I think Dobbins is elite in so many areas, pass pro, vision, contact balance, recieving, etc. Nothing will make me happier than J.K getting 15+ touches weekly during the second half of the season. 

• Like 2

This was his opportunity to shine and he fell face flat down...what a disappointment. Oh well

• Haha 1