Rotoworld.com Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

This was his opportunity to shine and he fell face flat down...what a disappointment. Oh well

He started off 2 car -4 yards and went on to go 7 car 32 yards rest of the game, 4.5 ypc. Gus Bus was 14 car 26 yards for 1.9 ypc but got the TD. I don't think he was bad, Eagles run D toughened up minus containing Lamar. Absolutely perfect time for the bye week for alot of these rookie RBs, including Dobbins. Loved how Swift emerged from the bye, hoping to see the same with JK.

• Like 5
  • Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

I blame the guy that talked smack about JK then added him to his team..

Posted Images

On 10/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, USWAY said:

He started off 2 car -4 yards and went on to go 7 car 32 yards rest of the game, 4.5 ypc. Gus Bus was 14 car 26 yards for 1.9 ypc but got the TD. I don't think he was bad, Eagles run D toughened up minus containing Lamar. Absolutely perfect time for the bye week for alot of these rookie RBs, including Dobbins. Loved how Swift emerged from the bye, hoping to see the same with JK.

51 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ingram with an ankle that should keep him on ice for at least a few weeks...

BYE week to install J.K. as the feature guy...if it is happening, it is happening now.

Yup. I'm holdin' until I see how this backfield shakes out after their bye. Dobbins could still emerge, and week #8 could be the perfect time. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yup. I'm holdin' until I see how this backfield shakes out after their bye. Dobbins could still emerge, and week #8 could be the perfect time. 

For sure. The kid has looked pretty electric, albeit inconsistent.

The BAL coaches can not be all that happy with the general state of the offense--regardless of their record right now.

This was a top tier running team, what better way to shake things up than to give him some actual serious run to get into a groove.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Week 16: “Yup I’m holding until I see how this backfield shakes out.”😂

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

For sure. The kid has looked pretty electric, albeit inconsistent

Agree he's been a bit inconsistent, but this should be expected when he's only getting several carries per game. Can't get in a rhythm with a situation like that. He's flashing like Justice never did...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's definitely my Achilles heal. But, I just hate it when I give up on a guy, someone else grabs him and he goes off for like half a season! 

Patience may be a virtue in the real world, but it can be your down fall in FF for sure!

• Like 2

I’ve been holding him all year as a potential lotto ticket, better believe I’m holding for a few more weeks to see if they come out of the bye w a new mindset RE the backfield.  Esp w the Ingram injury and uncertainty.  Could turn it into the LJ & JK show ROS.  

Harbaugh has shown he can do a 180 mid-season and adjust his entire game plan to the benefit of LJ and the strengths of his team.  The emergence of JK after the bye could be a part of the plan.  I’m def going to see what they have in store.  I feel like they might have something up their sleeve.  

15 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

😁

I mean, I traded him away a while back, then just picked him up off the wire - that's where he's been. Nobody really wants to drop him, everyone sees the potential, but there have been plenty of other toys on the wire. It's definitely, definitely worth a punt now with the bye week and Ingram injured. The same questions as always - they like Gus Edwards, Lamar runs all the time, fewer redzone looks. Just...he's clearly very good. I watch him play, then I watch Zach Moss look just bad, then I watch Gibson behind that crappy line. You can't help but give Dobbins another chance.

If Gus Bus wasn't in the way I'd say stick with Dobbins. But I just don't see any clear path for him this year. Plus, they are saying Ingram's injury is mild. So, they may just trot him out there for some carries anyway. Baltimore is just a horrible situation for all involved.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If Gus Bus wasn't in the way I'd say stick with Dobbins. But I just don't see any clear path for him this year. Plus, they are saying Ingram's injury is mild. So, they may just trot him out there for some carries anyway. Baltimore is just a horrible situation for all involved.

I'm calling shenanigans on that mild label. WTF is a mild to high ankle sprain anyways?  Never heard of mid before has anyone else?  I'm pretty optimistic Ingram misses at least one game -- at the very least now is a phenomenal time to spec or trade for Dobbins before there is more news on his ankle.

Plus it's not like Ingram was that effective before the injury.  

• Like 1

If Ingram sits and Dobbins doesn't get 60% of the touches, we will have our answer I believe. In the reality I chose to live in, Dobbins starts to get the bulk moving forward no matter what. I'm a teacher and when I get some days off to go over what my students are doing, it becomes clear how to help them succeed.  Teach, Harbaugh. Teach!

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I'm calling shenanigans on that mild label. WTF is a mild to high ankle sprain anyways?  Never heard of mid before has anyone else?  I'm pretty optimistic Ingram misses at least one game -- at the very least now is a phenomenal time to spec or trade for Dobbins before there is more news on his ankle.

Yeah there is no such thing as mid to high ankle sprain. If it high ankle sprain its at least 4 weeks. Even superman like MT n cmc couldn't come back that early. Ingram will be out for awhile 

Edited by Everynameistaken
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 1

I don't know if there will be anyone that is a solid RB here.  Last year, the Ravens broke the record for most rushing yards by a team in a single season, and Ingram barely cracked 1000 yards.  I mean, he was really good (10 tds), don't get me wrong, but even with a historic rushing effort, their best rusher didn't blow anyone away.  It's a combination of Lamar being a second running back and the RBBC.

The Ravens will not only have to decide that they don't want to go RBBC (highly unlikely), but also return to their incredible rushing efficiency and volume from last year.  Then there might be someone here who can be relied on as a weekly starter.

I'd look elsewhere, honestly, unless you are in a real deep league.  IMO the coaching staff believes in all their RBs and will share the load to keep everyone fresh during the game, and that really just kills any single rb's value.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

What kind of keeper value does Dobbins have for next year? Ingram has another year left so is anything going to change?

I would think they let Ingram go if it's not a big cap hit, which I imagine it's not.  I got him in two auctions for like $5 so I have to sit on him all year but if he's the RB1 there going into next year, I'm happy to keep him.

We could hope they trade one of the other 2 at the deadline :) . Seriously though they'd be dumb not to start using this kid regardless of fantasy. He needs 10+ Touches every game. He'd take them to the next level. I know they're already on an High level but why not go higher

4 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

I would think they let Ingram go if it's not a big cap hit, which I imagine it's not.  I got him in two auctions for like $5 so I have to sit on him all year but if he's the RB1 there going into next year, I'm happy to keep him.

Without knowing what happens to the cap next year, they are still in a pretty good spot--as far as cap space, projected 43+ MM under next year.

Ingram is gonna need to show well later in the year to stick around imo. He has a 5MM base next year with a 1.3 MM prorated bonus--which basically means that figure (1.3 MM) is all that would be 'dead money' as a post June 1st cut and they would recoup the entire 5 MM as savings. Given the situation in BAL, along with the future cap considerations and general under payment of RBs--esp ones that are 30+ yrs old, you have to think his spot is in serious doubt.

They know what Gus is, it is time to see if the RB you simply couldn't pass on in the draft (because they had a RD1 grade on him) is your present-- and future.

Ravens are pretty damn smart, I think that is what they are getting ready to do on their BYE week installs.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Without knowing what happens to the cap next year, they are still in a pretty good spot--as far as cap space, projected 43+ MM under next year.

Ingram is gonna need to show well later in the year to stick around imo. He has a 5MM base next year with a 1.3 MM prorated bonus--which basically means that figure (1.3 MM) is all that would be 'dead money' as a post June 1st cut and they would recoup the entire 5 MM as savings. Given the situation in BAL, along with the future cap considerations and general under payment of RBs--esp ones that are 30+ yrs old, you have to think his spot is in serious doubt.

They know what Gus is, it is time to see if the RB you simply couldn't pass on in the draft (because they had a RD1 grade on him) is your present-- and future.

Ravens are pretty damn smart, I think that is what they are getting ready to do on their BYE week installs.

So what are you saying. Is Dobbins going to get good burn soon ?

Or is the opposite true. 

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

So what are you saying. Is Dobbins going to get good burn soon ?

Or is the opposite true. 

Yes, I believe he is. Can never assume rational coaching, but I think the Ravens are amongst the smartest run and coached teams in the league.

BYE week prep is the perfect time to install him as a key part of the offense. It is go time.

• Like 1