Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yes, I believe he is. Can never assume rational coaching, but I think the Ravens are amongst the smartest run and coached teams in the league.

BYE week prep is the perfect time to install him as a key part of the offense. It is go time.

God I hope you're right. "League winner" keeps getting thrown around these threads but Dobbins is the definition.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yes, I believe he is. Can never assume rational coaching, but I think the Ravens are amongst the smartest run and coached teams in the league.

BYE week prep is the perfect time to install him as a key part of the offense. It is go time.

This is definitely possible. Look at how Swift broke out after the Lion's game. As a JT owner, I hope he follows the same after Indy's bye. I think, although not a sure thing, we could see something similar with JK after the Raven's bye. Bye weeks are more important than ever to get young cat's up to speed due to the wacky offseason.

Edited by RoseLin23

Anyone else have any further thoughts on Dobbins? He may be sitting as "available" in your wire right now being that its the Ravens bye week and he continues to be dropped by teams each week. The bye week preparation and Ingram being hurt heading into week 8 should only help his outlook moving forward.

My first thought is that if he’s sitting there on the wire in your league pick him up immediately.

• Like 2

I really need him to show something this week. This is what we've been holding him for (Ingram injury, second half of the season takeover). It's getting really hard to burn a bench spot on a guy who you can't realistically start. 

• Like 1

I’d love his breakout potential this week if he didn’t play against the best defense in football. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’d love his breakout potential this week if he didn’t play against the best defense in football. 

this. 

you have to be able to consistently strike through the air vs Stillers ... nothing i've seen from LJax convinces me Harbags can execute that kinda gameplan, even with two weeks to prepare. 

tough spot. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

you have to be able to consistently strike through the air vs Stillers ... nothing i've seen from LJax convinces me Harbags can execute that kinda gameplan, even with two weeks to prepare. 

tough spot. 

LJax will have to use his legs this game.

Henry started to bust a few runs there late in the 4th quarter, them Stiller's can get tired and LJax is a hell of a player to chase for 4 quarters.

About 150 rushing for LJax this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m just concerned that the coaching staff loves the stability of Gus Edwards to handle the bulk of the carries. That’s how it appeared last week after Ingram went down.  

7 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

I’m just concerned that the coaching staff loves the stability of Gus Edwards to handle the bulk of the carries. That’s how it appeared last week after Ingram went down.  

agree see jamaal williams vs dillion this week

On 10/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, RunCMC said:

So what are you saying. Is Dobbins going to get good burn soon ?

Or is the opposite true. 

It would make sense that they are using these guys up like tires.

Already burned up the Ingram set. Big bust. WOOP WOOP.

Next, they will burn through the Gus bus set.

Then, when it counts the most heading down the stretch, it will indeed become Dobbins for 20 touches a game, because he is the most talented, and also the least experienced, but also gives them the greatest weapon, with fresh legs, at the right time.

Im not sure why there is so much head scratching about usage at this position when the above plan is the only one that makes sense, unless you’ve got some freak iron man back there, which we all know is more rare all the time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Proteus said:

It would make sense that they are using these guys up like tires.

Already burned up the Ingram set. Big bust. WOOP WOOP.

Next, they will burn through the Gus bus set.

Then, when it counts the most heading down the stretch, it will indeed become Dobbins for 20 touches a game, because he is the most talented, and also the least experienced, but also gives them the greatest weapon, with fresh legs, at the right time.

Im not sure why there is so much head scratching about usage at this position when the above plan is the only one that makes sense, unless you’ve got some freak iron man back there, which we all know is more rare all the time.

Just tell us what week these 20 touches start!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, codyodea said:

Just tell us what week these 20 touches start!!

I mean...if I had him I might start flexing him now...even tho it will be rough sledding vs Pitt. And it will ascend from there. By week 10 the “league winner SZN” ciRclE JeRk will be well under way in here.

Edited by Proteus
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Proteus said:

I mean...if I had him I might start flexing him now...even tho it will be rough sledding vs Pitt. And it will ascend from there. By week 10 the “league winner SZN” ciRclE JeRk will be well under way in here.

Date saved on my calendar haha.

No but seriously, if Dobbins can be the lead back on this team... wow man watch out. 

He needs to get a stranglehold on the starting job ASAP.

Perfect time to capitalize with Ingram nursing an injury.

• Like 1

As much as I want it to happen, his schedule is absolutely brutal the next 5 weeks.

Pitt

Indy

NE

Ten 

Pitt

Weeks 13-16 are all pretty good matchups so I guess if you're confident he will be able to take over he's a hold for me with a good playoff schedule. If I could get good value in a trade to the Ingram owner I'd do it in a heartbeat though.

18 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

As much as I want it to happen, his schedule is absolutely brutal the next 5 weeks.

Pitt

Indy

NE

Ten 

Pitt

Weeks 13-16 are all pretty good matchups so I guess if you're confident he will be able to take over he's a hold for me with a good playoff schedule. If I could get good value in a trade to the Ingram owner I'd do it in a heartbeat though.

Ten NE are not tough matchups at all

3 hours ago, Proteus said:

ciRclE JeRk will be well under way in here.

let's not bring McKinnon into this

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Ten NE are not tough matchups at all

Before the Jeff Wilson bonanza the pats only allowed one RB in my .5 ppr league to go over 10.6 points. They're solid IMO.

You're right about the titans though,  i thought they were better but they've been getting smashed.

21 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Before the Jeff Wilson bonanza the pats only allowed one RB in my .5 ppr league to go over 10.6 points. They're solid IMO.

You're right about the titans though,  i thought they were better but they've been getting smashed.

Pats are an average defense. Nothing to be afraid of. And like you said the Titans suck. Wild the Ravens play both of the top 2 defenses 3 times in 5 weeks though. Not good.

It's difficult seeing JK receiving less than 10-12 touches.  It's his time to shine.  He was drafted by most as hopeful RB2/Flex, and I think that's very well in his range.  Pick him up obviously if dropped.

20 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

agree see jamaal williams vs dillion this week

Big difference there is that Dillon has done precisely dick so far this season, and Jamaal was already solidly involved. Dobbins has actually got more points than Edwards this season, although we’re all thinking about the number of touches.

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

If he sucks I can rename my team "Just Kidding Dobbins"

I was thinking "My Dobbins needs more touches"

• Haha 2