Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

What are some realistic projections for him this week? 12 carries for 40 yards, 4 catches for 30 yards? Slim chance of a TD?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drisser said:

What are some realistic projections for him this week? 12 carries for 40 yards, 4 catches for 30 yards? Slim chance of a TD?

I think that's pretty spot on, assuming Ingram doesn't play. 

If Ingram does play, who the hell knows?!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drisser said:

And that's probably his floor projection. But a good one nonetheless 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, drisser said:

I'd be thrilled with that. I'm in a bye week pinch and will not cut Dobbins just to get someone else. Been holding for too long to cut him for players they'll be irrelevant in 2 weeks

Mark Ingram (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.

Ingram is dealing with sprained ankle and had the bye week to rest up, but he still doesn't seem ready to play this week against the Steelers. If Ingram sits, Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins should form a two-man committee, though we wouldn't put it past the Ravens to get Justice Hill involved in some capacity.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is the overall issue with this kid? Staff doesn't trust him? Has he been that bad as far as when he touches the ball? What are the beat writers saying out in Balt?

Edited by OrangeCrush

2 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

What is the overall issue with this kid? Staff doesn't trust him? Has he been that bad as far as when he touches the ball? What are the beat writers saying out in Balt?

A bit of him having to earn it and equal parts bad game scripts and bad offensive game plans imo.

He is averaging over 6 yards a carry and catching the ball very efficiently too.

Just a matter of them unleashing him, they are a smart team and I think they might do just that moving forward.🤞

How comfortable are we in predicting a split between the 2? Edward's still likely to be GL? 

2 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

A bit of him having to earn it and equal parts bad game scripts and bad offensive game plans imo.

He is averaging over 6 yards a carry and catching the ball very efficiently too.

Just a matter of them unleashing him, they are a smart team and I think they might do just that moving forward.🤞

All of the situations are not the same but I think it's interesting/odd that all of the highly drafted rookie RBs have been brought along pretty slowly with the exception of CEH. They are mostly getting roles but not nearly the workload you'd expect when you look at some of the guys they are competing with for touches. 

3 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

There's a YouTube video of all his carries week 1-5 imo he looks great. Especially with no pre season

[...] I still have sneaky hopes that the ravens will just give the ball after the bye and unleash him.  Ingram out, Gus is Gus, etc.  I’ve also read speculation that they’ll just burn up Gus like they did Ingram, and then give it to JK, which makes sense too.  

He’s worth the risk on the end of my bench.   

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

There's a YouTube video of all his carries week 1-5 imo he looks great. Especially with no pre season

Watching the tape. He doesn't go down on initial contact.

1 minute ago, sillylung said:

No he likes yac lol

11 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

No he likes yac lol

LOL for sure! He reminds me of Shaun Alexander in some ways but with more determination to get that one extra yard.

2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

[...]  I still have sneaky hopes that the ravens will just give the ball after the bye and unleash him.  Ingram out, Gus is Gus, etc.  I’ve also read speculation that they’ll just burn up Gus like they did Ingram, and then give it to JK, which makes sense too.  

He’s worth the risk on the end of my bench.   

[...] That highlight reel was intriguing but not super-exciting, some passing plays that he made something of but a lot of getting blown up due to unfortunate play calls. Still seems a touch lightweight at times but a nice burst.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, sillylung said:

ELITE contact balance. Just a damn good back.