Rotoworld.com Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

Damn he's got receipts

Posted Images

This cat was dropped in my league and I'm about to take the plunge. A whole lot of upside here.. found the Ray Rice comp interesting and how he wasn't handed the keys until his second season. I can see a similar situation here with Gus still relevant but I'm intrigued to see how the coaching staff utilizes this backfield coming out of the bye. 

41 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

This would be a lot easier if Jackson didn’t steal 25-33% of the rushing attempts as well.

It is what it is, what can you do. This opens up the run game too

Should be Dobbins first game without Ingram in the lineup. I'm curious to see how he performs

Hoping for around 15 carries + -  and 4-6 targets. Sounds reasonable 

The matchup blows or else I'd be super excited.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lots of preseason hype.

Jokes on us, who knew his initials stood for Just Kidding?

Not his fault Cleats.

They just ain't giving the kid meaningful touches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, Proteus said:

It would make sense that they are using these guys up like tires.

Already burned up the Ingram set. Big bust. WOOP WOOP.

Next, they will burn through the Gus bus set.

Then, when it counts the most heading down the stretch, it will indeed become Dobbins for 20 touches a game, because he is the most talented, and also the least experienced, but also gives them the greatest weapon, with fresh legs, at the right time.

Im not sure why there is so much head scratching about usage at this position when the above plan is the only one that makes sense, unless you’ve got some freak iron man back there, which we all know is more rare all the time.

^^This^^

• Like 2

Even if Ingram sits, I'd still hesitate to play him against this Pittsburgh defense.  They're for real, especially against the run.

That said, I want to stash this kid now just for weeks 13-16; DAL, CLE, JAX, NYG.  That is JUICY 🤤.  Cleveland isn't great but hopefully you've got a BYE that week anyway.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Wish Vegas was a bit more kind to Dobbins this week. Making me more nervous to start him lol

O/U Rushing 30.5 -112

O/U Receiving 15.5 -112

Over on both. Scared money don't make money. Let's get it buddy! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm rolling with him in a couple leagues, mostly due to a lack of other options.   If he does get the rock a bit, and he can make something happen vs Pittsburgh, he'll have all but forced his way into a lead role IMO.  Easier said than done of course. 

3 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Wish Vegas was a bit more kind to Dobbins this week. Making me more nervous to start him lol

O/U Rushing 30.5 -112

O/U Receiving 15.5 -112

I think the O/U on rushing is about right but if he breaks the over it could be with a long run like the 74 yard run Miles Sanders had against them. So while 30.5 might be a good median, the mean is higher. The O/U on receiving seems low though. Think he'll have at least one big gain...probably in the receiving game. 

8 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

O/U Rushing 30.5 -112

O/U Receiving 15.5 -112

Curious what Gus Edwards o/u are, for context. 

Edwards a RFA next year and Ingram could easily be cut in 2021 with just 1.3m dead cap. Dobbins future is bright. As Lamar develops more as a passer he will also have less designed runs.  Eventually Harbaugh needs to showcase JK at some point this year to see what they could possibly have in 2021. I do suspect that a Edwards or Ingram type player will always be in the picture though. 

I stated in this thread weeks ago that we won't know Balt's hand, or true plan with their rookie until it's forced and they need their best to win. Well, they need their best players playing this week to win, regardless of their previous plan to keep everyone fresh. Dobbins gets knighted tomorrow if Ingram sits. It is written. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, codyodea said:

I stated in this thread weeks ago that we won't know Balt's hand, or true plan with their rookie until it's forced and they need their best to win. Well, they need their best players playing this week to win, regardless of their previous plan to keep everyone fresh. Dobbins gets knighted tomorrow if Ingram sits. It is written. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, codyodea said:

I can't start him but I'm going to hold you to it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, codyodea said:

Really hope you're right. I'm starting and I'm scared lol. If he can get a TD then it'll be a great day

54 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Really hope you're right. I'm starting and I'm scared lol. If he can get a TD then it'll be a great day

I have to start him too due to byes and deaths, but I'm at peace with it honestly. Yeah it's the Steelers, but they no longer have Bush's speed out there and the last team that gave Lamar real issues this season was the Chiefs by getting creative with their coverages and blitzes. This forced the Ravens to barely throw the ball and ended up leaving Dobby open constantly, Lamar just didn't go through his progressions. Dobby still ended up accounting for 4 receptions and half of Lamar's passing yards that game. I think the Steelers will try to terrorize Lamar the same way just like last year and I feel pretty good that this coaching staff learned from the chiefs game and will get Dobby more chances after the bye. There's chances to be had for him, even in this game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1