Rotoworld.com Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

I blame the guy that talked smack about JK then added him to his team..

Posted Images

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Thursday evening's game between the Ravens and Steelers will be at risk of postponement if the Ravens return more COVID-19 positives. 

Schefter reports five players and four staff members have turned up positive this week. It appears that is all the NFL is willing to stomach. The league is already really pushing it, but postponing a prime time Thanksgiving affair is obviously something it wants to avoid at all costs. For now, fantasy managers just need to sit tight and adjust to life without J.K. Dobbins and Mark Ingram. 

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

What are the odds he misses week 13 as well? 

Literally 50/50 I reckon. That is enough time for him to amass whatever the # of consecutive neg tests needed to actually play.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

https://theathletic.com/2216752/2020/11/23/ravens-loss-jk-dobbins-titans/?source=emp_shared_article

Encouraging that Dobbins usage was always intended to increase as the season continues.

Covid took away our league winner smh

Let's just hope he's back and getting that usage for the playoffs. Stashing him now could pay off huge against CLE, JAX, and NYG (although missing the Cowboys in week 13 would be some BS).

It is extraordinarily frustrating to see all these A Thielen updates that even though he’s on the COVID list, tested positive and now there’s a negative, everyone has always and still seems to think he has a chance to play this week. Meanwhile, there seems to be ZERO belief that Dobbins will not be out for multiple weeks. 

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

It is extraordinarily frustrating to see all these A Thielen updates that even though he’s on the COVID list, tested positive and now there’s a negative, everyone has always and still seems to think he has a chance to play this week. Meanwhile, there seems to be ZERO belief that Dobbins will not be out for multiple weeks. 

That's because Thielen might be negative for covid. Dobbins tested positive, as far as we know. 

Hopefully Dobbins recovers quickly.

13 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I assume he still won't be eligible to play Sunday?

I'm guessing not, but I'll be honest man...I can't keep up. All the rules (real world and the NFL) has my head a spinning right about now. 

Would be really cool if he somehow got cleared to play by then though. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I'm guessing not, but I'll be honest man...I can't keep up. All the rules (real world and the NFL) has my head a spinning right about now. 

Would be really cool if he somehow got cleared to play by then though. 

Is the game getting moved to Sunday? 

*Edit - just saw it’s moved 

Edited by Fried Pork Grind

A Ravens player and two staff members were among those who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. 

Reports of varying detail are leaking out about the latest round of positive tests for the Ravens. We likely won't know who the player is until later today. The team is trying to reel in what is to date the league's most serious COVID-19 outbreak. There remains a chance Baltimore's already-postponed game against the Steelers will be further delayed. 

RELATED: 
7 hours ago, brosephd said:

are you guys gushing about his outlook once he's cleared? did he force the coaching staff's hand yet or is it still a 3 headed beast. 

Sadly no:

Head Coach John Harbaugh was asked if the plan all along was for Dobbins to lead the running backs in carries.

"I think that's the way it went as the game went on," Harbaugh said.

Edwards got the first carry, but Dobbins got hot in the second quarter, ripping off back-to-back carries of six and nine yards on the Ravens' third drive. He was animated when he was called to the Ravens sideline near the end of the drive and the Ravens settled for a short field goal.

On the next drive, Dobbins ran on three straight run plays for gains of 11, four and seven yards. He finished the drive off with a 2-yard touchdown plunge, then caught the two-point conversion to give the Ravens a seven-point lead.

At halftime, Dobbins had 20 more yards on three fewer carries than Derrick Henry.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/j-k-dobbins-emerges-from-the-pack-vs-titans

That looks like a hot hand approach to me.

I do think it’s possible Dobbins and Ingram may have flipped spots in the rotation from the beginning of the season. Mid RB2 is my guess. Certainly hope I’m wrong 

Hot hand approach is so stupid, I hate modern coaches. Sure, give a guy a spell here and there, but many many RBs require a sustained workload before they can even become effective. The strategy of giving each guy a few crumbs and hope that someone rises to the top is about the most idiotic thing done in the name of "fairness." As the old saying goes with quarterbacks, it is the same for running backs, if you have three RBs you don't even have one good RB. Hard to find out who's good or not without legimiate opportunity. Screw Baltimore, hope this game gets punted.

• Like 3

Ravens are now out of the playoffs, probably going to lose to Pittsburgh. They have to make a run in these final weeks, I still think Dobbins is going to get the lead share when he comes back, I think it’ll be around a 60-30-10 timeshare with Dobbins Gus & Ingram. 

It’s about that time where they need to put out their best effort, Dobbins is easily the best back. Maybe they stay dumb but I like his chances.

• Like 1