Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

  • The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec said rookie RB J.K. Dobbins has solidified an early-season role in the Baltimore backfield. 

    Though "Mark Ingram remains the starter and Gus Edwards still figures to get his touches," Zrebiec said "Dobbins will have a role in Week 1. That was the expectation going into camp and Dobbins has proven that he deserves one with how dynamic he’s looked." After some indication that Edwards might interfere with Dobbins' weekly touches, it seems more likely that the rookie will be the 1B to Ingram's 1A in the Ravens backfield. Dobbins' sixth round ADP means fantasy managers are probably going to have to decide between him, Rams RB Cam Akers, and Lions RB D'Andre Swift. 

    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Aug 26, 2020, 11:34 AM ET
     
  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The G Man said:
  • The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec said rookie RB J.K. Dobbins has solidified an early-season role in the Baltimore backfield. 

    Though "Mark Ingram remains the starter and Gus Edwards still figures to get his touches," Zrebiec said "Dobbins will have a role in Week 1. That was the expectation going into camp and Dobbins has proven that he deserves one with how dynamic he’s looked." After some indication that Edwards might interfere with Dobbins' weekly touches, it seems more likely that the rookie will be the 1B to Ingram's 1A in the Ravens backfield. Dobbins' sixth round ADP means fantasy managers are probably going to have to decide between him, Rams RB Cam Akers, and Lions RB D'Andre Swift. 

    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Aug 26, 2020, 11:34 AM ET
     
  •  

Ingram is knocking on heaves door as we speak. Jkalin isn't going anywhere. That tread is done on ole Mark. Time for this young man to eat all the crab cakes he wants.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Ingram is knocking on heaves door as we speak. Jkalin isn't going anywhere. That tread is done on ole Mark. Time for this young man to eat all the crab cakes he wants.

Yeah, only 5 yds per carry and 15 TDs for Ingram last year. Put a fork in him. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he is a stud but not sure how he is going to not just split time in unless Ingram is hurt, better play for 2021

its not like this is a team that utilizes dump offs to running backs, Lamar just runs with it

last year guys like Ronald Jones and Ty Johnson had more targets then Ingram. He was around 35th of all running backs and hill and Edwards had 7/8 catches a piece.
 

cant really compare this to a kamara ingram situation when there isn’t gonna be a big volume of passes thrown to rbs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Ingram is knocking on heaves door as we speak. Jkalin isn't going anywhere. That tread is done on ole Mark. Time for this young man to eat all the crab cakes he wants.

He arguably had his best season last year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Yeah, only 5 yds per carry and 15 TDs for Ingram last year. Put a fork in him. 

 

Not to mention that over his career he's only averaged 14.7 touches per game (1,777 total for career).  Heck, Zeke Elliott (24.5 touches per game; 1,358 total) might catch him over the next couple of seasons and he's 6 years younger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ingram is a beast and will have another great year. Dobbins has a chance to be a nice flex play if he gets all the other touches. 
 

That or an Ingram injury is his only shot this year in my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ingram is there but there’s not a better handcuff in fantasy than Dobbins. For keeper/dynasty leagues he’s gold since next year he’ll most likely be the starting RB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dobbins or hunt are more than cuffs they have stand alone value. Are you teem hunt or team dobbins? I have been taking dobbins but the good thign about chubb hunt is that there is no gus edwards in the mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

dobbins or hunt are more than cuffs they have stand alone value. Are you teem hunt or team dobbins? I have been taking dobbins but the good thign about chubb hunt is that there is no gus edwards in the mix. 

i dont think dobbins holds ppr 12 team flex value right now. with no preseason, and other rb outside dobbins and ingram you cant expect enough volume to be a flex.

hunt>>>>>>>>>>>>>dobbins and its not really close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

dobbins or hunt are more than cuffs they have stand alone value. Are you teem hunt or team dobbins? I have been taking dobbins but the good thign about chubb hunt is that there is no gus edwards in the mix. 

 

If Hunt's usage is similar to last season, I'd probably go with Hunt and especially if it's PPR league.  Hunt outscored Chubb in PPR what felt like most weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks like a Dynasty stud. I will take him if he's there but I'm not expecting big things this season unless there's an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an Ingram owner last year, sure he was good, but he was worn down towards the end of the season.  The need JK to develop his pass protection and if they trust him enough I see him carving out a flex worthy split after a couple weeks.  He’s my rb4 and I’m ecstatic to have him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, cizastro said:

 

If Hunt's usage is similar to last season, I'd probably go with Hunt and especially if it's PPR league.  Hunt outscored Chubb in PPR what felt like most weeks.

 

Hunt easily, just a beast in PPR. And there's been talks of the Browns playing more 2 RB sets this season, which makes him even more attractive this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 2:21 PM, FantasyGuru24 said:

Ingram is there but there’s not a better handcuff in fantasy than Dobbins. For keeper/dynasty leagues he’s gold since next year he’ll most likely be the starting RB 


Kareem Hunt says hi :). And no, I don’t own any shares of Hunt lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, fyasko said:

As an Ingram owner last year, sure he was good, but he was worn down towards the end of the season.  The need JK to develop his pass protection and if they trust him enough I see him carving out a flex worthy split after a couple weeks.  He’s my rb4 and I’m ecstatic to have him.  


How worn down could he have been with only 228 touches? He might have been banged up to miss weeks 16 and 17, but he was productive in the two weeks prior to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:


How worn down could he have been with only 228 touches? He might have been banged up to miss weeks 16 and 17, but he was productive in the two weeks prior to that. 

 

Not saying that he was actually worn down, but it's worth pointing out that the only active players with more career carries than Ingram are:

- Frank Gore

- Adrian Peterson

- Marshawn Lynch (who's probably not actually active)

- LeSean McCoy

 

So he's taken his fair share of hits.

Edited by mverkruyse
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any hint of what the Ravens plan to do with Ingram after this season (other than drafting Dobbins)? A quick search suggests he's due $5M base salary in 21, but they have a potential cheap out.  You'd have to imagine they take that and he's not on the Ravens in 2021.  I ask this with leagues where I can only keep a player for 1 year in mind.  I have Dobbins this year and he does okay but Ingram starts at least the first half.  Then next year he'd be a huge auction value going in as the starter and I could get him for cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JK Dobbins is not as good as Ray Rice and Mark Ingram is better than Willis McGahee was when he held Rice off into a backup role for the entire season. Add Gus Edward and Justise Hill into the mix and I don't see Dobbins getting the volume necessary to be more than a wait-and-see play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach just said he will have a significant role.   This guy might be 700 rushing, 400 receiving and 6 tds.  If Ingram goes does he could be a league winner

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping by mid season, it's just him and Ingram splitting all the carries. Why even give Gus any meaningful touches is my question. Justice Hill I get .. he should be sprinkled in here and there, but Edwards it doesn't make any sense. And I doubt they dress all 4 RB's during game day 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

Has there been any hint of what the Ravens plan to do with Ingram after this season (other than drafting Dobbins)? A quick search suggests he's due $5M base salary in 21, but they have a potential cheap out.  You'd have to imagine they take that and he's not on the Ravens in 2021.  I ask this with leagues where I can only keep a player for 1 year in mind.  I have Dobbins this year and he does okay but Ingram starts at least the first half.  Then next year he'd be a huge auction value going in as the starter and I could get him for cheap.

It is easy to think they can walk away and eat roughly 1 MM in dead cap space to turn things over to J.K./Gus/Hill...but Ingram is a huge influence on that locker room and heavily respected by the FO/staff/players. Really seems to depend on the year he puts up, I think it is a leap to just factor him out for 2021 at this point. I am a big J.K. fan though, he is already guaranteed a role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

It is easy to think they can walk away and eat roughly 1 MM in dead cap space to turn things over to J.K./Gus/Hill...but Ingram is a huge influence on that locker room and heavily respected by the FO/staff/players. Really seems to depend on the year he puts up, I think it is a leap to just factor him out for 2021 at this point. I am a big J.K. fan though, he is already guaranteed a role.

 

Sure, I'm only penciling that in.  But one would think they know they're going to have to pay Lamar a boatload of money so why pay Ingram decent money when JK can do the job and is younger and cheaper.


Either way, I have Dobbins in my first auction and want to get both in my next one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...