Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

I'm sure many of you had the thought.....

...that J.K. is Mark Ingram's new Kamara -- not on that level of course.

Either way, excited for Dobbin's situation and opportunity. Be fun to watch.

• Like 1

Ingram injury away from being a league winner. I’m adding shares whenever I can. Easy pick over Akers and Swift 

Edited by affliction

What's with these pre-week 1 depth charts? Should you not look too deep into them? After everything I was reading up about Dobbins in camp, I'm shocked he's 4th on the depth chart.

21 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

What's with these pre-week 1 depth charts? Should you not look too deep into them? After everything I was reading up about Dobbins in camp, I'm shocked he's 4th on the depth chart.

seems like some teams give a proper order when doing their official depth charts and others just throw names together. I don’t look too much into it.

23 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I'm not worried about it.

He's a rookie with established guys ahead of him.

Paying dues

• Like 1

Akers is also 3rd on the chart behind a flat out JAG and a rookie that was terrible despite “shining in camp” according to the coach.

So yeah, it’s BS. 

• Like 1

love it. throw some offers out. dumb people panic with little red boxes next to players names with bad/limited info. never know

22 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Looks like Ravens deference to “Veterans” Gus & Hill...Dobbins is Smokin’ compared to those guys. He’s SPARQ stud & his Ohio State #’s are huge. Ravens called it “no-brained” 1st Round Ranked on their Board falling to them Round 2! If Ingram gets nicked, Covid, etc. Giddy-Up!

>Side note on Ravens Rookies- Check out YouTube Video w/Coach Harbaugh & the Ravens getting Texas WR Devin Duvernay. His reaction tells the story! Scoop him up now; Texas H.S. 100 Meter State Champion! Great hands, He does not drop the 🏈!

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

love it. throw some offers out. dumb people panic with little red boxes next to players names with bad/limited info. never know

drafted him last night.. guy who always finishes last says... "way to get the guy 4th on their depth chart".......... i just acted like he was right and I made a mistake....... the savy owners understood...... LOL

7 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

drafted him last night.. guy who always finishes last says... "way to get the guy 4th on their depth chart".......... i just acted like he was right and I made a mistake....... the savy owners understood...... LOL

I would hold my tongue and let the season unfold in front of this charming critic 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

Literally was just looking at all those morons dropping JK on Yahoo! after the "4th on the depth chart" Fake News -- suggest you all go right now to see if you play with one of those 1700 morons who dropped him.

[Operation Mockingbird]

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

I took him in the 6th in a 3 keeper league. everyone said I reached, but I don't care, if they don't pay my entry fee, then they can't say nothin. I will do what's best for this football team!!

• Like 1

Recently moved him for J.Howard in a PPR (today). Are owners worried it will take half the season or more until he's getting enough touches? How many touches do we anticipate? I'm betting on talent but I'm feeling antsy. 

3 hours ago, Lambfordinner said:

Looks like Ravens deference to “Veterans” Gus & Hill...Dobbins is Smokin’ compared to those guys. He’s SPARQ stud & his Ohio State #’s are huge. Ravens called it “no-brained” 1st Round Ranked on their Board falling to them Round 2! If Ingram gets nicked, Covid, etc. Giddy-Up!

>Side note on Ravens Rookies- Check out YouTube Video w/Coach Harbaugh & the Ravens getting Texas WR Devin Duvernay. His reaction tells the story! Scoop him up now; Texas H.S. 100 Meter State Champion! Great hands, He does not drop the 🏈!

No offense, but you're wrong about a lot of things. Justice Hill was a rookie last year and was literally the fastest RB at the 2019 combine. Hill also had the best vertical and a burst score in the 95th percentile, so Dobbins probably isn't even the most athletic RB on the team. 

Look, I get the Dobbins hype, but we heard all the same stuff about Hill last year after an incredible combine, a great camp and a great preseason. He was even being drafted in the same range as Dobbins (7th round for Dobbins, 9th for Hill in my league), so this all seems like Deja Vu to me.

Hill ended up playing less than expected last year because he was weak in pass protection, which also happened to be the biggest knock on Dobbins going into the draft, so in my opinion this is going to be a very similar situation to last year. Ingram is going to get the bulk of the carries and Edwards/Hill/Dobbins are going to fight for scraps and some 3rd down work,. 

Way too much risk here in my opinion. You're not only banking on Ingram losing his job, but you're also gambling that Dobbins is going to be so much better than Hill and Edwards that they won't just make it a timeshare if Ingram gets hurt. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Recently moved him for J.Howard in a PPR (today). Are owners worried it will take half the season or more until he's getting enough touches? How many touches do we anticipate? I'm betting on talent but I'm feeling antsy. 

With this crazy season coming (covid and no preseason), there are bound to be more injuries. I'm going to guess it will take about half the season to take over but I could see him realistically getting 5-10 touches this week and moving forward.

Edited by jkendrick2
Misspelling

28 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Shot in the dark this year. I took him for the long-term. In re-draft it is one of those picks in the mid rounds that can either win you the championship or just have zero impact. If you're a the back of the 1st round for drafting, you need to get more creative, because those first 3 pick teams are loading this year it seems like. Juicy Options left and right.

2 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

No offense, but you're wrong about a lot of things. Justice Hill was a rookie last year and was literally the fastest RB at the 2019 combine. Hill also had the best vertical and a burst score in the 95th percentile, so Dobbins probably isn't even the most athletic RB on the team. 

Look, I get the Dobbins hype, but we heard all the same stuff about Hill last year after an incredible combine, a great camp and a great preseason. He was even being drafted in the same range as Dobbins (7th round for Dobbins, 9th for Hill in my league), so this all seems like Deja Vu to me.

Hill ended up playing less than expected last year because he was weak in pass protection, which also happened to be the biggest knock on Dobbins going into the draft, so in my opinion this is going to be a very similar situation to last year. Ingram is going to get the bulk of the carries and Edwards/Hill/Dobbins are going to fight for scraps and some 3rd down work,. 

Way too much risk here in my opinion. You're not only banking on Ingram losing his job, but you're also gambling that Dobbins is going to be so much better than Hill and Edwards that they won't just make it a timeshare if Ingram gets hurt. 

That’s your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, so am I. I will look to see how this year shapes up for Ravens backfield. Something to consider, if Hill is their guy for the future after Ingram; why Draft Dobbins? If Hill’s the future, maybe Draft OLine retirement Landa’s replacement in Round 2. Perhaps something to consider as this 2020 season evolves.

35 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

That’s your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, so am I. I will look to see how this year shapes up for Ravens backfield. Something to consider, if Hill is their guy for the future after Ingram; why Draft Dobbins? If Hill’s the future, maybe Draft OLine retirement Landa’s replacement in Round 2. Perhaps something to consider as this 2020 season evolves.

Okay, well your "opinion" that Justice Hill is an aging, slow veteran is wrong, but I guess you're entitled to believe whatever nonsense you want. 😅

59 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

why Draft Dobbins? If Hill’s the future, maybe Draft OLine retirement Landa’s replacement in Round 2

Because he was "too good to pass up" - from the Ravens front office (don't remember if Harbaugh or GM).

They were stunned he was available, and hadn't been planning to take him but the opportunity unexpectedly presented itself.  That's what good teams do.  If you have the chance to get a special player, you don't reject it because "need".

And I agree - I think he was the best RB prospect in the draft.  Better than Swift, Taylor, CEH.

Doesn't mean he's going to come in and push Ingram out right away, or at all.  But the Ravens have a good eye for talent, and know who they are and what they want to do.

Maybe they figured Dobbins would sit most of this year while just developing through practice reps.  Doesn't sound like it though.  I think he's too good to keep off the field.

It's not quite to that level, but it's similar to the vibes New Orleans gave off when they drafted Kamara.  I think that by mid-season at the latest, Dobbins has a role getting 10-15 touches a game baseline.  And if he does as much with them as Kamara did his rookie year, we'll all be in great shape.

• Like 3

Anyone concerned on this latest report that they are putting JK on special teams in practice?

5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Anyone concerned on this latest report that they are putting JK on special teams in practice?

I did peep that, definitely caught my eye. Don't know what to think of it. 

16 hours ago, affliction said:

Ingram injury away from being a league winner. I’m adding shares whenever I can. Easy pick over Akers and Swift 

I don’t like the “injury away from a” scenario... call it as it is now.

akers is in the best spot.  Brown and Henderson are very underwhelming 

dobbins is competing with Ingram, Edwards, and Lamar... 

akers is the pick THIS year because of these circumstances 

34 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

I don’t like the “injury away from a” scenario... call it as it is now.

akers is in the best spot.  Brown and Henderson are very underwhelming 

dobbins is competing with Ingram, Edwards, and Lamar... 

akers is the pick THIS year because of these circumstances 

The thing about Akers though is that he isn't very good

• Haha 1