Rotoworld.com Forums

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C’mon man....u been doubting JK this whole time, and giving people bad advice to drop him. Now all of a sudden u own him?? Lmao

getting a taste of dobbins and then getting covid is similar to just the tip and no nut. The teasing needs to stop.

I blame the guy that talked smack about JK then added him to his team..

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Any of you guys trying to buy low on Ingram to solidify that backfield? Its funny, we all want a part of one of the best running teams in the league but they have a true RBBC at this point.

I am. Giving up Gibson and Hurst (just sitting on my bench) for reference. Think you’re guaranteed top 20 rb numbers for the whole season if you have both of these guys, given all of the injuries to other rbs so far

2 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

Any of you guys trying to buy low on Ingram to solidify that backfield? Its funny, we all want a part of one of the best running teams in the league but they have a true RBBC at this point.

Have thought about it, but not yet. Actually playing the Ingram owner this week, so he's prolly not gonna be too willing to make a deal this week.

I also think Ingram owners may have more leverage. Their guy is the presumed starter after all. For now anyway ;)

3 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

I'm not buying anyone in this backfield. Its too unpredictable. Until an injury happened the raven would be content to use these guys like this all year. If I own Ingram I would sell if someone want to buy

KC vs BAL feels like a “start all fantasy assets” type of game to me, to the extent that would include Dobbins. Another interesting angle is that Harbaugh may want to give Dobbins a chance to shine/compete vs CEH. This could be his breakout opportunity. I’d hate to watch this awesome game Monday night with Dobbins on my bench.

7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

KC vs BAL feels like a “start all fantasy assets” type of game to me, to the extent that would include Dobbins. Another interesting angle is that Harbaugh may want to give Dobbins a chance to shine/compete vs CEH. This could be his breakout opportunity. I’d hate to watch this awesome game Monday night with Dobbins on my bench.

Depending on your league size, and despite this amazing game, it would take some marbles to start Dobbins based on his usage thus far. 

If there were one player I'd want to buy right now it's him.  If he goes off he'll immediately get 50% of the carries imo.  And that's really all he needs to be an high end RB2 (at least).  Absolutely monster with more opportunity.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Depending on your league size, and despite this amazing game, it would take some marbles to start Dobbins based on his usage thus far. 

Yup. Some marbles, or some serious problems at RB.

You can look at that group of rookie RBs that we all considered in the middle rounds. Dobbins, Gibson, Akers, Swift, Moss. I don't think I'd start any of them this week if they were available, unless I was really struggling. It's going to take time.

• Like 1

I don’t think putting Dobbins in as a flex is all that crazy...

KC has given up the 5th most rushing yards to opponents. 

BAL has the 4th most rushing yards in the NFL.

Dobbins had 2 TDs in week 1.

Dobbins had 48 yards on just 2 carries in week 2.

The Ravens game plan will be to get up early and try to control the clock by running, running, and running some more, providing plenty of opportunities for the backfield in general.

The game is on Monday night, and Harbaugh may feel compelled to, and be afforded the opportunity to, give Dobbins an opportunity to shine vs fellow rookie standout CEH. 

When considered against other flex options, Dobbins admittedly has a potentially low floor, but also a sky high ceiling if unleashed.

• Like 2

I love Dobbins as a talent but I could see this being a scenario where he's overvalued all season and never pays off. I have him in a couple places and I'm holding because I'm in good shape at RB otherwise so it's worth it to hold in case he explodes second half of season. If I wasn't I think I'd find the guy that's overly excited about him and sell. I think the Ravens would much rather keep this as much of a commitee as they can and will do so all season. Of course he's an injury or two away from crushing.  It's a tough calculation to make lol

Edited by Benjamin1984

Great data discussion on their roles here:  https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/thescore-inc/thescore-fantasy-football-podcast-with-justin-boone

Summary:  He predicts Dobbins will have his best game of the season this week.  

Passing plays (all), snaps: 

Dobbins 48%, 35% Ingram, Edwards 17%

Passing plays on 3rd and 4th down, over 7 yds: 

73% to Dobbins 

2 minute offense:

82% Dobbins

4 minute offense (grinding games down with lead):

50% Edwards, Ingram and Dobbins 25% each

Inside the 5 yd line:

50% Dobbins, 50% Edwards

• Thanks 3
8 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Great data discussion on their roles here:  https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/thescore-inc/thescore-fantasy-football-podcast-with-justin-boone

Summary:  He predicts Dobbins will have his best game of the season this week.  

Passing plays (all), snaps: 

Dobbins 48%, 35% Ingram, Edwards 17%

Passing plays on 3rd and 4th down, over 7 yds: 

73% to Dobbins 

2 minute offense:

82% Dobbins

4 minute offense (grinding games down with lead):

50% Edwards, Ingram and Dobbins 25% each

Inside the 5 yd line:

50% Dobbins, 50% Edwards

I'd like to see their numbers for Nyheim Hines last week. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I love Dobbins as a talent but I could see this being a scenario where he's overvalued all season and never pays off. I have him in a couple places and I'm holding because I'm in good shape at RB otherwise so it's worth it to hold in case he explodes second half of season. If I wasn't I think I'd find the guy that's overly excited about him and sell. I think the Ravens would much rather keep this as much of a commitee as they can and will do so all season. Of course he's an injury or two away from crushing.  It's a tough calculation to make lol

He's a consistent flex play all year long if you don't have better pieces.

Or solid RB depth. Nothing more currently until he runs away with the job, or an injury. 

Gotta hold all season and hope for the best. The rushing attack on this Ravens squad is too potent. You want a piece 

Theres league winning upside here, even if it doesn't hit in 2020. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

Could blow up in a Primetime gave vs. KC, but there's no way I can feel confident starting him after two carries last week -- this coming someone decimated by RB Injuries.

[starting Kelley, Mike Davis, and maybe Jeff Wilson Jr. at Flex -- Cool Story]

25 minutes ago, JJRules said:

Is it crazy that I'm considering flexing him over Mixon? It is, right?

I know his workload is an unknown, but man this kid just looks so good. Was my favorite RB coming in this year.

Absolutely 100% crazy. Don’t do that. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, JJRules said:

I know his workload is an unknown, but man this kid just looks so good. Was my favorite RB coming in this year.

Yes

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JJRules said:

Meh.

Probably. 

Mixon doesn't have a particularly bad match up.

But I'm probably playing him over David Johnson.