Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

He got three touches last week. Yes, you're crazy. I mean, go for it, who knows, but I wouldn't.

• Like 2

I’ve seen the theory that they were ‘hiding’ Dobbins from KC last week so they won’t gameplan for him and now the plan is to unleash Dobbins on Monday. I like this theory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Still feel JK is going to blowup one of these games that he gets some run in.  Eventually getting half the workload, just might take a while.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Still feel JK is going to blowup one of these games that he gets some run in.  Eventually getting half the workload, just might take a while.

definitely can happen kamara was in the same place with ingram as dobbins is now, took kamara like 5 weeks to carve his role would live to see a timeline similar to that. i just hope he turns into something so im not holding him hoping all year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, meekzy said:

definitely can happen kamara was in the same place with ingram as dobbins is now, took kamara like 5 weeks to carve his role would live to see a timeline similar to that. i just hope he turns into something so im not holding him hoping all year.

Talent is obvious. I think it’s a matter of time, fingers crossed.

19 hours ago, Spyplane said:

He just hit the wire in my money league. I put in a claim. I lost Barkley. I need lotto tickets that might pay off soon...

Well I'm in fellas. 

I am hoping that something happens to clear the lane for him a bit. Either a breakout game that carves into Ingram's territory or a minor injury that gives him a window to take control.

Never want to see anyone get hurt so if Ingram decided he needed to take a personal month, I'd support it. J.K just needs that shot to prove he's worthy of at least a 50/50 share. Dudes got almost 21 fantasy points (ppr) on 10 total touches with a 7.78 ypc average. 

8 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Never want to see anyone get hurt so if Ingram decided he needed to take a personal month, I'd support it. J.K just needs that shot to prove he's worthy of at least a 50/50 share. Dudes got almost 21 fantasy points (ppr) on 10 total touches with a 7.78 ypc average. 

the great thing about HarBags is that you know he's dying to get legit touches alongside Ingram ... was supposed to be Hill last season - POOF!  so Bus just came in and did his outstanding work. 

but Pvt. Dobbs here is on another level ... they're gonna use him plenty.  good n' plenty. 

Hard to plug him in after so few opportunities last week. But, game should produce a lot of points. 

Is he flex-worthy? 

Don't think it's happening this year. Kid is lightning talent, but the coaching staff obsession with Edwards is odd. Not even sure if Ingram were you go down if Dobbins would even be worth playing as it'd probably be a full blown RBBC. 

Guess I might try and package him, but dunno. 

4 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Don't think it's happening this year. Kid is lightning talent, but the coaching staff obsession with Edwards is odd. Not even sure if Ingram were you go down if Dobbins would even be worth playing as it'd probably be a full blown RBBC. 

Guess I might try and package him, but dunno. 

I think this an impatient response. If "it happens", it may happen somewhere around week 8-10 I would imagine. 

And at the very least, he's their third down and hurry up back which isn't nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

I think this an impatient response. If "it happens", it may happen somewhere around week 8-10 I would imagine. 

And at the very least, he's their third down and hurry up back which isn't nothing.

I mean that is a nice dream, but not sure that really helps when most of the fantasy season is over by then. He's the worst type of player right now. Owns little standalone value, can't be started, and also can't be dropped. 

I just wish it was a more even split with Ingram / Dobbins with no Edwards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean that is a nice dream, but not sure that really helps when most of the fantasy season is over by then. He's the worst type of player right now. Owns little standalone value, can't be started, and also can't be dropped. 

This was the game to unleash him.

For whatever reason, Baltimore had a completely vanilla game plan. 

It was never even close.

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I too wish it was that. 

I, too. 

I think they should feature him more, see if that sparks up the offense

In 10 team he is droppable. I can’t imagine he would be your flex or ever want him to be a flex but if you have the bench depth, ingram gets hurt and maybe they let him battle it with Edward, and maybe he wins but Edwards looks pretty good running. Only action from dobbins was late and pretty close to garbage time where kc backed off a bit. I own and I think I gotta drop. Hopefully it don’t bite me but I can’t see too much regularity in him

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

In 10 team he is droppable. I can’t imagine he would be your flex or ever want him to be a flex but if you have the bench depth, ingram gets hurt and maybe they let him battle it with Edward, and maybe he wins but Edwards looks pretty good running. Only action from dobbins was late and pretty close to garbage time where kc backed off a bit. I own and I think I gotta drop. Hopefully it don’t bite me but I can’t see too much regularity in him

If you are in a 10 team definitely. 12 and up you have to keep holding someone would scoop him immediately. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I can agree with you about avoiding rostering players who are too good to drop but not good enough to ever start. However, I wouldn't put Dobbins in that category. As someone stated above, the prudent thing is to be patient if possible. Dobbins is the real deal. Obviously, that's based on your individual teams. I can see owners that are 0-3 or 1-2 looking to make moves looking to jumpstart their season before its too late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I can agree with you about avoiding rostering players who are too good to drop but not good enough to ever start. However, I wouldn't put Dobbins in that category. As someone stated above, the prudent thing is to be patient if possible. Dobbins is the real deal. Obviously, that's based on your individual teams. I can see owners that are 0-3 or 1-2 looking to make moves looking to jumpstart their season before its too late.

I'm not dropping I'll continue to hold there's other guys I would drop now I just find it wild that Gus Edwards is still a thing here. Nothing against Edwards he's looked good in his work. 

Edited by TheDoctor
  • Like 2

You may value your bench sports more than I do but I might as well keep him because if I drop him now and he get the gig in week 8-10 I will feel like an idiot. Worst case scenario he does nothing and I lose a roster spot. Best case I have a rb as talented as he is in the best run offense in the league.

Clearly dobbins is the best back they have.  Not using him more cost that offense dearly.

in my 10 team, right now theres no way im dropping dobbins. someone will swoop and you'll regret it