Strike Three

J.K. Dobbins 2020 Outlook

His usage is just baffling. They’re treating him like a veteran RB that has been in the league for years that isn’t very good and only sees third down snaps. 

This committee will end up ruining Baltimore this year.

At some point you need some defined roles and continuity, the RBs don't seem to have any defined roles. No one is getting into a groove.

Their defense is good enough to help them make the playoffs though.

If they like dobbins just give him the keys and let him find his groove. Or at least get it down to Ingram and dobbins and let them get into a rhythm.

Hope they trade Gus Edwards. Two headed RBBC is always better than three. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zen25 said:

Hope they trade Gus Edwards. Two headed RBBC is always better than three. 

[...]

Doubt that happens.

[...] I see Dobbins as worst case a glorified handcuff and best case a mid-late season breakout potential player.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content -- completed trades go in AC.

Getting their asses beat will force them to re-evaluate player usage which could be a good thing for Dobbins moving forward.

• Like 2

a couple of years ago the Ravens were doing this rbbc as well when Collins got hot and Harbaugh started using him as a primary back.  dude got hot.  that is what we need here.  Stop with the whole Edwards thing.  These guys need more carries to start producing.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 9:07 AM, Tomy said:

He should be RB1... he ´s the best

We found the Ohio State fan! Seriously though, you can't be the best playing behind Ingram and Edwards.

1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

Painful burning a bench spot with him at this stage.

Yeah, I'm getting very close to the edge now. Mind you, that's in a short-bench league where my WRs are dropping like flies. I still believe but, man. It's so tough to watch, and injuries are creating so many other opportunities. I just want to see something, just a little sign.

Can someone clear this up for me....why would a team burn a high draft pick on this dude and then let him ride the pine? I just don't understand. Playing behind Ingram I could understand. But Edwards too? If the coaching staff is so high on Edwards, why even draft this guy and not fulfill another need on the team. I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Jackson > Ingram > Edwards > Dobbins

Love the talent but the pecking order seems set.  It honestly might take a couple injuries for Dobbins to be a strong start

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Can someone clear this up for me....why would a team burn a high draft pick on this dude and then let him ride the pine? I just don't understand. Playing behind Ingram I could understand. But Edwards too? If the coaching staff is so high on Edwards, why even draft this guy and not fulfill another need on the team. I just don't get it.

Because they don't really have any "needs" and he was literally, according to the coach and GM, too good to pass up.

Dobbins has looked the part when having the chance....Coach is getting cute......should be a 1-2 punch with Ingram and Dobbins splitting......Edwards is a solid RB but they should have moved him when they had the chance.....its a train wreck backfield and allows none of the RBs to get into a rhythm....unless there is an injury Dobbins is toast for redraft....Im actually getting nervous in dynasty as well.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't drop him yet.  He only needs probably 10-12 touches to be an RB2/3 in full PPR, but it's probably going to take an Ingram injury or coaches "waking up", seeing what they drafted after many weeks without much run.

I might have to drop this guy soon as bye week approaches. Love the talent but I feel that even with Ingram down it still split carry between Jackson, Edward, n dobbin

19 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

Dobbins has looked the part when having the chance....Coach is getting cute......should be a 1-2 punch with Ingram and Dobbins splitting......Edwards is a solid RB but they should have moved him when they had the chance.....its a train wreck backfield and allows none of the RBs to get into a rhythm....unless there is an injury Dobbins is toast for redraft....Im actually getting nervous in dynasty as well.  

Patience.   Ingram is likely gone after 2020

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Snap share wasn’t bad actually 

I’m quintupling down. Broken clock? 

Edited by Magoo