smeeze

Cam Akers 2020 Outlook

Aaaand he's out for this week. Not that anyone was playing him anyway, but this is basically the opposite of how we hoped this season would start out. Not great, fellas. 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, sportsfreak2744 said:

How long does separated rib cartilage take to heal? A quick google search is saying anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks. Not that this will keep him out that long as I'm sure NFL team doctors can have him feeling just fine before kickoff. But he already didn't look great and I'd have to think as a rookie RB you're probably already a bit unsure of yourself hitting the hole even without a rib injury. Could still pay off long term but just wondering how severe something like this is?

Tyrod Taylor might have something to say about that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Aaaand he's out for this week. Not that anyone was playing him anyway, but this is basically the opposite of how we hoped this season would start out. Not great, fellas. 

Hope you guys got Henderson as inurance.

In my draft Henderson went before I took Akers. Here I am thinking got a steal. Meanwhile other guy did. Can i EVER get a freakin break. Same week Saquon hurt. My season is f’d. 

7 minutes ago, d3nali said:

Should i Drop Akers for d. slayton?

Do it. I dropped him, I’ll pick him back up in a week pending his health. Maybe it’s just my league but no one else seems to care about him

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Do it. I dropped him, I’ll pick him back up in a week pending his health. Maybe it’s just my league but no one else seems to care about him

Yeah probably just your league. Imagine using a 5th-7th round pick on a dude and then dropping him because he gets injured for like 2 games. Unbelievable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah probably just your league. Imagine using a 5th-7th round pick on a dude and then dropping him because he gets injured for like 2 games. Unbelievable...

I have dobbins,Akers, and swift (yes all rookies LOL)

Lots of my players are OUT or on IR. I got hit big on my WR core

I have Adams and Chark are OUT. so i was trying to pick up slayton. I mean i do have FUller and djax. Im iffy on fuller this week, but djax has a good matchup. 

thats why i am asking if i should drop akers for slayton. Im in a WIN NOW situation. 0-2 :(

13 minutes ago, d3nali said:

I have dobbins,Akers, and swift (yes all rookies LOL)

Lots of my players are OUT or on IR. I got hit big on my WR core

I have Adams and Chark are OUT. so i was trying to pick up slayton. I mean i do have FUller and djax. Im iffy on fuller this week, but djax has a good matchup. 

thats why i am asking if i should drop akers for slayton. Im in a WIN NOW situation. 0-2 :(

Too bad you couldn't have made a trade.  He has potential to be a big time player given health.  Slayton is a great pickup and shouldn't be available.

Just now, mjb said:

Too bad you couldn't have made a trade.  He has potential to be a big time player given health.  Slayton is a great pickup and shouldn't be available.

Im trying but no takers. 

Out of Fuller, gage,djax, and akers who would you drop? Djax would be just a 1 week rental. but this week looks amazing for him. 

this is FULL PPR btw. 

18 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I mean, if no one else wants him I might as well wait a week and replace him with a lotto ticket with more immediate chance of payoff. I can always come back

The highlight of owning this guy so far was when he earned 'Out' status which has permitted me to add someone who can help my team.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, d3nali said:

Im trying but no takers. 

Out of Fuller, gage,djax, and akers who would you drop? Djax would be just a 1 week rental. but this week looks amazing for him. 

this is FULL PPR btw. 

His trade value couldn't be lower. He's barely rosterable, and honestly may not be after Sunday if Henderson has a big day. 

I know it's an extremely small sample, but sometimes that's all you need with the eye test. He doesn't pass it for me. He's a JAG. 

All that said, I've certainly been wrong before, so I'd still roster him over DJax simply because RB is so thin this year. 

This guy was a complete impulse buy for me in the draft when I got nervous about RBs flying off the board. Wish I had looked more into the situation more before the draft (i.e. thought Darrell Henderson was finished at the time, didn't realize he was still in the picture). Now he's just a waste of a roster spot even in a 14-team league and someone you can't just drop. Hoping he provides value at some point in the season.

Only glimmer is hope is that even after Malcolm Brown's big Week 1, Akers still was given the start next week. So maybe he's showing something in practice to warrant that. Shrug.

14 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

His trade value couldn't be lower. He's barely rosterable, and honestly may not be after Sunday if Henderson has a big day. 

I know it's an extremely small sample, but sometimes that's all you need with the eye test. He doesn't pass it for me. He's a JAG. 

All that said, I've certainly been wrong before, so I'd still roster him over DJax simply because RB is so thin this year. 

While your may turn out to be right, it seems completely insane to say he is a JAG and does not pass the eye test after 1 NFL game.  Maybe you're referring to his game at FSU as well though. 

Picked up off the WW in my 12 team redraft.  Maybe I’m still drunk on the preseason hype, but I see him being the lead back (assuming he’s healthy) come playoff time.

6 hours ago, nb009 said:

This guy was a complete impulse buy for me in the draft when I got nervous about RBs flying off the board. Wish I had looked more into the situation more before the draft (i.e. thought Darrell Henderson was finished at the time, didn't realize he was still in the picture). Now he's just a waste of a roster spot even in a 14-team league and someone you can't just drop. Hoping he provides value at some point in the season.

Only glimmer is hope is that even after Malcolm Brown's big Week 1, Akers still was given the start next week. So maybe he's showing something in practice to warrant that. Shrug.

It’s like we had the same draft in that moment lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Sounds like 32 nfl squads need you in the front office, got an eye for talent evaluation

• Like 2

- 1 game played

- He is a rookie. Which means he will be eased into things

- he is injured 

if you don't own him I would buy low. If you do, I would hold

3 hours ago, shenaulty said:

drop him and make your opponents waste a roster spot on him.

This is the Akers thread, Shenault thread is that way 👉

10 hours ago, nb009 said:

Yeah man.  I’ve got just as much use out of my Flowbee.   

According to PFF Henderson is the highest graded RB in the league thus far. This, my friends, is known as drop city. He's a mediocre handcuff, nothing more. 

• Like 4