Rotoworld.com Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

This guy is just too talented to not take over at some point. It’s not even like we’re just being stupid fans saying he is super talented and should be played. These MFs drafted him 35 overall. How is he not a bigger part of the game plan right now?! They had so many other needs... You would think he would be getting 10 touches a game at a minimum to at least justify the draft pick. Really confused by this situation. Maybe they want Swift to have a little bit of a “preseason,” so they run AD into the ground the first few games of the season and then unleash Swift after the bye? A man can dream.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

This guy is just too talented to not take over at some point. It’s not even like we’re just being stupid fans saying he is super talented and should be played. These MFs drafted him 35 overall. How is he not a bigger part of the game plan right now?! They had so many other needs... You would think he would be getting 10 touches a game at a minimum to at least justify the draft pick. Really confused by this situation. Maybe they want Swift to have a little bit of a “preseason,” so they run AD into the ground the first few games of the season and then unleash Swift after the bye? A man can dream.  

Poorly run franchise with clueless coaching staff. Easy drop unless in a keeper. I had high hopes for Swift but it just doesn’t look good for him this year. 
spacer.png

Patricia is coaching for his career.....he knows he's not getting a shot after this so he would rathe hitch his wagon to an old pro like AP who doesnt have the upside Swift has but does the things that makes coaches comfortable.....I dont see this changing until Patricia is fired or ordered to play the kid more.....it is bizarre that a team devoid of talent like the Lions would waste a 2d rder on a kid who is not even playing.....they are not like GB that can do that....thats why its a terrible franchise

6 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

No pre-season.

Patricia sucks as a coach but they went on the road as a 6 point dog and got the win. The backfield touches vs Arizona was 23 to 4 to 1. That’s not a RBBC.  AP is a workhorse right now. I own Swift and am holding until a least a few weeks after the bye. Detroit was able to win the TOP last game 33 to 27 and was plus three in turnovers. I’m most concerned that Detroit actually won and the game plan worked. Pounding it with AP wasn’t the sole reason they won but it certainly helped. Makes me think those will be the game plan going forward.

7 hours ago, itsalock19 said:

AP was actually getting decent yards against AZ and I think there is a trust issue with the team and swift right now. I think he will step into a bigger role after the bye so I would hold him still. I would look at these games like preseason.

However I will say Swift has had bad luck, dropping the TD catch on week 1 to lose the game, and then week 2 stafford tried to connect a quick dump off to him and he was not looking... just hit him in the back with the ball. I think they pulled him quick after that.

If he catches that 1 TD I think he's running with things and its a whole different story. Looks like they are being slow to increase his workload and going with the veteran instead... Not sure how long that can hold up though. I assume they will want to see what they have with Swift and give him a lot more touches, especially if they keep losing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Big Nate said:

If he catches that 1 TD I think he's running with things and its a whole different story. Looks like they are being slow to increase his workload and going with the veteran instead... Not sure how long that can hold up though. I assume they will want to see what they have with Swift and give him a lot more touches, especially if they keep losing.

Yeah, I agree. I think it will take awhile. I'm a Detroit fan, but I imagine when they lose a couple more you will see a drastic shift in use of their RB snap share.

I really think if they lost the AZ game, Patricia would be very close to getting cut which could have been good for the RB's but he prob saved his job for awhile with that win smh.

Just think, Kyler leads Arizona to a 4th quarter score to win the game, and how different does this look?  Peterson was pedestrian here, but they WON, so, status quo everyone! 

I guess one can hope that a lot of touches for Peterson leads to an injury perhaps?   He's fairly tough but if its something he can't play through, it might take just one week for Swift to............oh who are kidding, Kerryon will just get 15 carries and five more will go to Bo Scarbrough or Zach Zenner or something

"I don't know when it's going to happen, but he wants [the ball], we want him to have it and we'll just keep continuing to go there and spell him with Kerryon, spell him with Swift and kind of go from there."

The he being referenced here by OC Darrell Bevell is 35 year old Adrian Peterson. Yes, they will spell him with Swift, the guy they spent the 35th overall pick on. Just a top notch organization there. I can't imagine why they haven't won a playoff game in 30 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My heart sank when Detroit drafted this kid.  Really could not have ended up in a worse spot, sadly.

I was really hoping that KC would select him.  

After Patricia gets fired, we can re-assess.  Until then, hold if you can.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:52 AM, this guy right here said:

Patricia thinks he's a genius using BBs approach to RBs....only problem is, you don't need to use all your of backs when ...all of your backs are

better than any of the backs the Patriots ever had when then run the RBBC.

IDK. Corey Dillon was pretty bad a**. After the Laurence Maroney experiment, BB seemed to say, "To heck with it! We are using them all!"

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic