The G Man

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

Coming out of the bye it will interesting to see if Swift gets more carries and usage in general.  I'm assuming he will but you never know.

• Like 1

Patricia is helping Adrian Peterson pay for child support.

If Patricia is fired and Swift takes over and Peterson is out of a job, how will Peterson pay for child support?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Patricia is helping Adrian Peterson pay for child support.

If Patricia is fired and Swift takes over and Peterson is out of a job, how will Peterson pay for child support?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

He shouldn't have had so many kids!

Fatboy gotta go. I think the bye helped swift get healthier and more caught up on game speed and the playbook. 40-50 yards tomorrow rushing and 5 catches for 60 and a shot of a TD tomorrow...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Fatboy gotta go. I think the bye helped swift get healthier and more caught up on game speed and the playbook. 40-50 yards tomorrow rushing and 5 catches for 60 and a shot of a TD tomorrow...

Yea feels like stars are aligning for a huge week for sure.  I think he gets 10 carries. 

• Like 1

I just want to see upward trajectory. The blowup game isn’t realistic, but if he has a game similar to what Edmonds had last week against the Jets, then that’s all we can ask for.

Have there been any reports about his usage coming out of the bye? I'm still expecting the backfield to be dominated by AP. 

• Thanks 1

The reports are AP will see his normal workload.

My guess is Swift won't truly get more run until Patricia is canned and that might happen if he loses the next 2 games to bad teams to fall to 1-5.

3 minutes ago, ESquared said:

The reports are AP will see his normal workload.

My guess is Swift won't truly get more run until Patricia is canned and that might happen if he loses the next 2 games to bad teams to fall to 1-5.

Hopefully we lose this game so we can speed up the process. LOL

Matt Patricia vs Doug Marrone poopfest incoming.

Lions will be up big at halftime, then ineffectively run the clock with Peterson in the 2nd half, allowing the Jaguars to come back.

Minshew throws a late 4th Q INT and the Lions will win 31-30.

Patricia and Peterson will be hailed heroes by Troy Aikman this week.

Let's hope he at least gains 50% of the carries going forward. Hard to gauge with Patricia as head coach but will produce with usage, dude is the most talented back in that backfield.

Jaguars have a terrible rush D so have to discount that a bit. What’s not discountable was the coaches decision to give Swift more run. And he looked light years ahead of Peterson on the ground and air. Let’s hope this continues. Rookie looked explosive, smart, and strong. 

11 minutes ago, Lifeisagamble said:

Jaguars have a terrible rush D so have to discount that a bit. What’s not discountable was the coaches decision to give Swift more run. And he looked light years ahead of Peterson on the ground and air. Let’s hope this continues. Rookie looked explosive, smart, and strong. 

The important part is that the same terrible rush D held his competition to 15 carries for 40 yards. Swift is only going to get more involved

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Buy low opportunity..... gone 

his asking will certainly be more than what he is worth long term now IMO

Buy so will his selling price....grins and points to head gif

I feel like 2021 is Swift season and this year he’ll torment fantasy owners making them pick wrong every week

If this game doesn't show that Swift should be seeing the majority of passes and AP should be out of to pasture, nothing will.

Your "backup" RB had 70+ yards more than your "feature" back with one less touch.

Unfortunately, I suspect that they keep feeding AP.  I do not have a high appreciation of Patricia's intellect.

He'll continue to force his way on the field, he's too talented to sit behind a 35 year old AP. He's especially safe because he's been very involved in the passing game. He should be absolute flex gold. He's already put up double digit points in every game but one with limited usage. No way he goes back to seeing less...him handling that many goal line carries is all you need to see here. He's arguably a buy high to me...as long as you aren't paying too much.

Yesterday was an easy pick for a breakout game.  The real question is will he run with it and take over, or will we go back to the same old same old fantasy wasteland backfield.

• Like 1