The G Man

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yesterday was an easy pick for a breakout game.  The real question is will he run with it and take over, or will we go back to the same old same old fantasy wasteland backfield.

And, is the coaching staff smart enough to start giving him an increased role over the aged vet.

15 minutes ago, Kilo said:

And, is the coaching staff smart enough to start giving him an increased role over the aged vet.

He's been getting all of the passing down work anyhow. He's a safe ppr flex with huge weekly upside.

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

He's been getting all of the passing down work anyhow. He's a safe ppr flex with huge weekly upside.

I agree.  I'm greedy though - I want him to get more run on early downs.

20 minutes ago, Kilo said:

I know Patricia and gase are on the same level of stupid, but it’s tough to imagine that you out the genie back in the bottle after a showing from your high draft pick, but then again the jets happened, so could this

Edited by TeeGee60
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeeGee60 said:

I know Patricia and gase are on the same level of stupid, but it’s tough to imagine that you out the genie back in the bottle after a showing from your high draft pick, but then again the jets happened, so could this

Nah...I'd be really surprised. Even before yesterday they had been giving him redzone carries. His role has been growing for the most part. He's about to be pretty fun to own. 

Lions just need to move on from Johnson. They have no intention of using him and he deserves a chance somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Lions just need to move on from Johnson. They have no intention of using him and he deserves a chance somewhere else.

Not typically how the NFL works. He has some ability and a cheap contract.

29 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

🔥🔺 🔺 🔺🔥

Can anyone who decipher’s emojis chime I. On what this means? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Can anyone who decipher’s emojis chime I. On what this means? 

He's on fire.  Stock is on the rise.  Arrow pointing up.

• Like 1

Just now, JJ1223 said:

👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

lol for some reason I didnt see those as arrows. Fire triangle fire?  Haha oops

Just now, cgu112 said:

Uhhhhh did you just accidentally come up with D'Andre's new nickname?

D'Andre "Fire Triangle" Swift 🔥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am all about swift since I’m heavily invested in two keeper leagues with him and love the hype but cbs is out of control right now they have him projected for more than mixon in ppr for the rest of season

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Uhhhhh did you just accidentally come up with D'Andre's new nickname?

D'Andre "Fire Triangle" Swift 🔥

that nickname is 🔥🔥🔥

2 hours ago, cgu112 said:

There's nothing more serious than fire triangles. Go ahead and try to think of something. You can't.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

"Fire Triangle" Swift 

Sounds like a stage name of someone performing for.... Gentlemen.

• Haha 1

Had to drop him last week because of bye, luckily i dropped Hines and picked him back up after waivers. Didn't start him, but I'm excited about his usage. I can probably safely throw him in my flex spot especially starting next week against the falcons.

2 hours ago, TeeGee60 said:

I am all about swift since I’m heavily invested in two keeper leagues with him and love the hype but cbs is out of control right now they have him projected for more than mixon in ppr for the rest of season

Part of that is because he already had his bye week

6 hours ago, TeeGee60 said:

Pass catching RB who is beginning to get more involved in the game plan and was the teams top draft pick seems like a recipe for success in PPR.

8 hours ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Who is your Dad?

you seem to be ahead of the curve on swift. Can we trust him now moving forward starting this week?

1 hour ago, cgu112 said:

you seem to be ahead of the curve on swift. Can we trust him now moving forward starting this week?

Coming out of the bye with this usage is really encouraging.  I really want to start him this week against that bad Falcons D.  But, I'm still having trouble trusting the coaching staff.

36 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Sell

I just don't get this mentality. He had one big week so nobody is giving you a lot for him. And he just came out of a bye week with a huge increase in usage (touches). He’s a super talented highly drafted rookie rb.  

Why not wait a few weeks and see if his usage continues to trend up?   If not then you can still play him as a flex.  If it does, then he could be a weekly stud.  Who could you possibly trade him for that offers anywhere close to his level of relative safety with monstrous upside?