The G Man

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Lmao AP just demolished this backfield. 

Tbh, I think we may see almost a carbon copy of his very brief Saints career. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, I think we may see almost a carbon copy of his very brief Saints career. 

With a better coach I 100% agree. With Patricia? That’s 20 carries a game baby buckle up. 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

With a better coach I 100% agree. With Patricia? That’s 20 carries a game baby buckle up. 

That made me laugh while drinking my morning coffee...because I realized how right you may be. Lol! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wouldn't be so quick to write Swift off for this season.  Peterson is in his mid-30's so he can easily get injured again.

Yikes. I drafted Swift in a 12-team PPR league, thinking he was going to be the RB1 in Detroit once he's healthy and ready to go. AP has turned this backfield into a colossal mess, and now I'm stuck with Swift, who's a huge question mark.

I hate drafting early. Every fantasy football draft should ALWAYS be on Labor Day weekend or just days before the kickoff game. Ugh.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

2 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Yikes. I drafted Swift in a 12-team PPR league, thinking he was going to be the RB1 in Detroit once he's healthy and ready to go. AP has turned this backfield into a colossal mess, and now I'm stuck with Swift, who's a huge question mark.

I hate drafting early. Every fantasy football draft should ALWAYS be on Labor Day weekend or just days before the kickoff game. Ugh.

Eh, that’s how it goes. If you have depth and make good waiver moves you will overcome it.

• Thanks 1

I still don't think that AP will negatively affect Swift that much.  AP may be the starter in the first part of the season but I think Swift will eventually take over.

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I still don't think that AP will negatively affect Swift that much.  AP may be the starter in the first part of the season but I think Swift will eventually take over.

This. I would say by Week 6. AP is on his last leg and Kerryon is just a slightly above average back who can’t stay on the field. Swift is a special prospect, and I think the talent difference is going to be too undeniable even for Matt Patricia to ignore. 

The golden rule of avoiding Detroit backfields is going 22 years strong now. Quite impressive 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Definitely hurts Swift's stock. Now if something happens to Kerryon, AP is still there to take carries and goal line work. And if they all stay healthy it's a mess.

7 minutes ago, Breesus said:

The golden rule of avoiding Detroit backfields is going 22 years strong now. Quite impressive 

2013-2014 was good. Im still taking Swift if he's there in round 8/9.

Just now, Evincar said:

2013-2014 was good. Im still taking Swift if he's there in round 8/9.

Yeah it was more of a joke, they’ve had a few good seasons. But overall I find it mind blowing they have found such little success in their running backs. Especially with having Stafford at QB for a decade, who I think is a very good QB.

I saw a lot of Georgia football and did not like what I saw from him last year. Couldn't find a crease between tackles. When things broke down he could make something happen on a play, but I really didn't love him like everyone else did. He isn't explosive out of the backfield.  He doesn't run with power.  He is shifty in the open field but he really isn't a burner. He can get the edge but he doesn't blow past people. He also runs really tall.  When he goes between the tackles he hunches too early he limits his vision.  He was constantly hurt and just did not impress me.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

So for those who haven’t drafted yet, would people still be looking to draft him now that Ap is there? 
i would think ap was just brought in for depth. 
specially since Kerryon has a possibility of re injury 

3 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to write Swift off for this season.  Peterson is in his mid-30's so he can easily get injured again.

He was a tank the last 2 seasons, and we still have Gore floating around the league.

16 minutes ago, kdko said:

He was a tank the last 2 seasons, and we still have Gore floating around the league.

AP is still a useful RB. Gore is hanging around because just because he's a great locker room guy.

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

AP is made of whatever Frank Gore is made of. Patricia is just the kind of "old school" guy who can't wait to give AP 25 carries a game so he can try to break 100 yards. This is a match made in fantasy football hell.

I can’t believe this dude was going in the same range as Akers...

This says more about Johnson when looking from a full season perspective.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

This says more about Johnson when looking from a full season perspective.

Both Swift and Johnson are banged up atm.