Rotoworld.com Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

Pretty much the same contract Lamar Miller got with pats before they waived him... Id be more scared for swift if it was more money... AP will probably start season with early downs time share but swift can still take backfield with good play

Edited by TeeGee60

Well I own Swift and was hoping he’d be startable early on so I hate the AP signing, but the reality is he was a high draft pick so if he gets healthy and plays well he’ll get his carries. They’re not going to bury him behind old man AP all season just so he can pad his stats and chase the rushing record. 

38 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Who knows but he's the new toy so they need to give him a decent run once he's healthy and ready later on in the season.

Haha i'm joking. It's hilarious that every year or 2 years the Lions invest high capital in a RB just to pivot away from them. I have zero confidence in any DET RB.

I feel like this is a perfect buy low situation. Injury, AP singing Kerryon healthy for now. He was a stud at Georgia and it’ll take a few weeks but I feel like he’ll b a major contributor in time. Kerryon proving time and time again that he’s nothing special.  

I'm not the biggest Swift fan, but the AD signing is an opportunity to buy low as mentioned before. We have 3 RBs with injury concerns already in this backfield, so AD was a necessity, but I don't think he is in the plans for them when/if Swift, KJ, and Bo are fully healthy. He's not really a fit in this offense, but they can't afford to have KJ tote the rock 15+ times this early in the season or at all. 

I for one, still think KJ is talented and won't be phased out of the offense, especially since durability is also a question with Swift in the NFL. I can't just ignore the fact that he has yet to put a healthy season together in both college and the pros, so the odds are in favor of Swift getting his shot this season eventually.

Edited by Agmaniacmike
On 9/6/2020 at 6:28 PM, TeeGee60 said:

Pretty much the same contract Lamar Miller got with pats before they waived him... Id be more scared for swift if it was more money... AP will probably start season with early downs time share but swift can still take backfield with good play

Oh he could end up in a Kamara type role.

2 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Seems like he’ll be active for week 1, how many touches would you expect him to get?

I'd be surprised if it is much more than 10.  Rookie missing time with an injury in camp and on preseason makes me think he'll start the season off slow.  Also Patricia is an idiot and I could see him pounding it with AP giving him an insane amount of carries just because Patricia thinks he's smarter than everyone. I will be taking a wait and see approach with Swift on my bench this week.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

So, does the fact that this is a hip issue concern anyone more than like a hamstring or foot or something? Makes me think of Odell last year which wasn't the best situation

A Beckham situation would certainly be crappy.

Great mentor for Swift, the best rb in the draft.  Kerryon injury will pave the way for Swift to take over the backfield.  Peterson will get at least a handful of carries each game and maybe goalline shots along the way.  He could eventually be cut or traded if Kerryon remains healthy.  I just wish the Lions running game wasnt a dumpster fire.  Can talent overcome that?  I hope so because i'd love him in my flex.

2 minutes ago, Goblue356 said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of Matt Patricia.

It’s one thing to be stupid. Another thing to play a fossil in front of two talented RBs that you’ve invested significant draft capital in. Swift working his way back from injury, Scarborough is injured, and Johnson is injury prone and rocking a knee brace the size of Texas. This signing was just insurance. Maybe he has a role for the first couple of weeks while Swift ramps up, but not beyond that. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic