Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

D'Andre Swift 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, whoopsie said:

I think people are over-reacting. It was rookie nerves. He was turning up the field before he caught the ball because he was so focused on getting the game winning TD. I've seen it happen before. This is a lesson learned for him. What I'm worried most is that Patricia wants to be like Belichick so bad that he is going to bench him even though he's their best back.

Yeah i don't know about that. He was crossing into the endzone when he dropped it, no turning up field when you are already in the end zone.

Honestly though that was more of a WR type catch than a RB... That's a difficult catch for any RB, let alone a rookie... If you go back and rewatch the play and follow him out of the backfield he turns back to stafford and watches the ball the whole way -- he was turned expecting the ball to be thrown towards the sideline, but it was thrown towards the field, he got twisted up and tried to turn back from sideline to field and clanked off the hands... Hard catch for a RB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scene: Matt Patricia's office, Allen Park, Michigan. We pan over a disheveled room cluttered with Coney Island hot dog wrappers and empty Faygo bottles. Our hero sits in his extra-wide office cha

I would trade my turkey dinner for a healthy Swift. It's that important

4 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Yeah i don't know about that. He was crossing into the endzone when he dropped it, no turning up field when you are already in the end zone.

Honestly though that was more of a WR type catch than a RB... That's a difficult catch for any RB, let alone a rookie... If you go back and rewatch the play and follow him out of the backfield he turns back to stafford and watches the ball the whole way -- he was turned expecting the ball to be thrown towards the sideline, but it was thrown towards the field, he got twisted up and tried to turn back from sideline to field and clanked off the hands... Hard catch for a RB.

He should've  aught it.  Not a tough play.

He choked. 

First NFL game - no preseason to get used to the bright lights.  It happens. 

Hopefully he uses it as motivation and goes out there trying to redeem himself every snap from here on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’ll bounce back. This catch was a hell of a lot harder than the one Aaron jones dropped last year in think in week 2-3 

D swift will be given the ball a lot more. The team really rallied around him after that dropped ball. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rigadoog said:

What's Swift's trade value right now? I need someone to cover for CMC.

Are you looking to buy?

If you have him, he's as good a replacement as you'll get.

If you're looking to bring him in, you're going to have to overpay.

Chark, Diggs, CeeDee or Gallup, Boyd, maybe Jeudy, Juju... that range could probably get it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A pretty good buy low candidate in my opinion. 

 

Snap Count:

      W1 W2 TOT % Share
Kerryon Johnson  RB DET 20 19 39 28%
Adrian Peterson  RB DET 24 15 39 28%
D'Andre Swift  RB DET 34 20 54 39%
Ty Johnson  RB DET 0 5 5 4%
Total     78 59 137 100%
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think within a couple weeks it'll become evident this guy is startable as a low end RB2 or flex. He's getting a lot of work in the passing game, and always has a chance for a TD. I think AP/KJ will cap his potential this whole year if they stay healthy though, but maybe next year they unleash Swift fully. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

A pretty good buy low candidate in my opinion. 

 

Snap Count:

      W1 W2 TOT % Share
Kerryon Johnson  RB DET 20 19 39 28%
Adrian Peterson  RB DET 24 15 39 28%
D'Andre Swift  RB DET 34 20 54 39%
Ty Johnson  RB DET 0 5 5 4%
Total     78 59 137 100%

This is skewed since the defense is bleeding points so they’re in negative game script lol. It is nice to see he’s taking all the passing downs and 2 min work however.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

This is skewed since the defense is bleeding points so they’re in negative game script lol. It is nice to see he’s taking all the passing downs and 2 min work however.

When do you see the Lions defense getting good? 2021?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

This is skewed since the defense is bleeding points so they’re in negative game script lol. It is nice to see he’s taking all the passing downs and 2 min work however.

 

This is completely and utterly wrong.  Lions led for 50 minutes of the Bears game and almost 30 minutes of the Packers game.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Pack v Lions is always a shootout.

Agreed.  Although dismissing the snap counts and saying they're in a "negative game script", based on the games referenced, is still flat out wrong.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With every game the Lions lose, Matt Patricia will be feeling the fire under his a**. 0-4 on a bye week is a perfect time for a firing. 

This week Swift faces a pass d ranked 27th against RBs in half PPR. With an almost guaranteed negative game script to help the passing back.

If Swift doesn't take over this backfield almost immediately, someone will do it for Patricia instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the rotation in Detroit actually seems fairly clear.

Neutral score = AP then Kerryon

Det lead = AP then Kerryon

Det behind = Swift and Kerryon

I played Swift in DFS because I figured Lions would be playing catch up most of the game.  Unfortunately for Swift, Kyler Murray played like a moron, and the Lions led most of the way.

At the moment, none of these guys are a good option.  If you can, might be worthwhile to hold him to weeks 6 and 7.  They'll be playing Jacksonville then Atlanta.

But it might take a Patricia firing to get him a good role.

So in conclusion, who knows wtf Detroit is up to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

So, the rotation in Detroit actually seems fairly clear.

Neutral score = AP then Kerryon

Det lead = AP then Kerryon

Det behind = Swift and Kerryon

I played Swift in DFS because I figured Lions would be playing catch up most of the game.  Unfortunately for Swift, Kyler Murray played like a moron, and the Lions led most of the way.

At the moment, none of these guys are a good option.  If you can, might be worthwhile to hold him to weeks 6 and 7.  They'll be playing Jacksonville then Atlanta.

But it might take a Patricia firing to get him a good role.

So in conclusion, who knows wtf Detroit is up to.

also he's a rookie with no real offseason. might just take awhile to work him in to the offense and for him to get up to speed. Not all the rooks can burst on to the scene like Hunt did. ADP is old, Kerryon is injury prone. You have to think as the season progresses he'll start to get more touches. I'd hate to have to depend on him right now though. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...