The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Obviously, probably have to wait another game and see, but Gibson far outplayed the other running backs. Peyton Barber got a stupid 17 totes for 1.7ypc! lmfao horrendous. All Rivera has to do is look at the stats and see Gibson is by faaaaar the best running back here.

CAR YDS AVG   LONG
Antonio Gibson 9 36 4.0   20
Peyton Barber 17 29 1.7   8
Dwayne Haskins Jr. 7 17 2.4   19
J.D. McKissic 3 -2 -0.7

They won the game. Barber probably got more touches because the Snyders are playing real football and he was the safer bet after a camp with no pre-season games. Gibson will likely get more work as time goes on but 11 touches was a good start. It probably hurts to those who bought late though.

2 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Might be a TD if he doesn't trip over Terry

Great one cut run right there. If he busts that for a tuddy or huge play the narrative is definitely different. Gibson just needs more opportunities and the big plays will come. That was a more impressive run than anything David Montgomery pulled off all last season. He was able to hit RB2 value at times and Gibson is a much more explosive and versatile player.

• Like 1

You guys are tripping. There is no chance I would be dropping this guy right now. I think he looked just fine in his first game vs that D. The OC Scott Turner (Norv son) knows how to get the RB involved. His role will continue to grow and I think we are still looking at a 3 down, Miles Sanders light. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Obviously, probably have to wait another game and see, but Gibson far outplayed the other running backs. Peyton Barber got a stupid 17 totes for 1.7ypc! lmfao horrendous. All Rivera has to do is look at the stats and see Gibson is by faaaaar the best running back here.

CAR YDS AVG   LONG
Antonio Gibson 9 36 4.0   20
Peyton Barber 17 29 1.7   8
Dwayne Haskins Jr. 7 17 2.4   19
J.D. McKissic 3 -2 -0.7

To be fair one td run for barber was only a half yard out, the other was 2.5 tards out, that will hurt any backs ypc

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

To be fair one td run for barber was only a half yard out, the other was 2.5 tards out, that will hurt any backs ypc

If we're playing what ifs and take goal line rushes off the table, let's also take off Barber's 8 yard run. That's 14 caries for 18 yards. No matter how you slice it Barber is stale yucky bread. Antonio Gibson is a fine croissant waiting to be buttered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Might be a TD if he doesn't trip over Terry

Wow, he is a LOT bigger than I expected. Gives me even more hope that this backfield will be his pretty soon. 

32 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

If we're playing what ifs and take goal line rushes off the table, let's also take off Barber's 8 yard run. That's 14 caries for 18 yards. No matter how you slice it Barber is stale yucky bread. Antonio Gibson is a fine croissant waiting to be buttered. 

getting hungry now....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Barber's runs inside the 5 came to 5 carries for 8 yards...1.6 ypc. His other 12 carries accumulated 21 yards...1.75 ypc. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Wow, he is a LOT bigger than I expected. Gives me even more hope that this backfield will be his pretty soon. 

I think he's 6'1", 228. 

• Thanks 1

I know Washingtons defense is improved but I would imagine they will be playing from behind. Now is McCrapsic gonna get some passing work or will Gibson? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I know Washingtons defense is improved but I would imagine they will be playing from behind. Now is McCrapsic gonna get some passing work or will Gibson? 

I bet both would.

48 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

McKissic had 5 targets, so I'd imagine he'll get some pass game volume. 

On 9/5/2020 at 8:52 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I smell lots of dissapointment coming in this thread once the season starts.

Antonio Gibson played 18-of-70 snaps (26 percent) in Week 1 against the Eagles.

Gibson started, but was outsnapped by Peyton Barber (29) and J.D. McKissic (31). He also saw five fewer touches than Barber, but this was a promising debut for Gibson, who led the team with 36 rushing yards.

Meanwhile, unheralded and undrafted James Robinson doubled his rushing output and caught a pass.

Good luck to those still drinking Gibson's Kool-Aid.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Gibson started, but was outsnapped by Peyton Barber (29) and J.D. McKissic (31). He also saw five fewer touches than Barber, but this was a promising debut for Gibson, who led the team with 36 rushing yards.

Meanwhile, unheralded and undrafted James Robinson doubled his rushing output and caught a pass.

Congratulations to James Robinson owners on their Week 1 Championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I got both for nothing. I don't drink the Kool-Aid, I serve it.

Now I'm stuck here debating who to start this week in my full PPR flex: Robinson, Gibson or Hines.

I'm leaning Gibson or Hines. I believe in Gibson. I think Robinson has more value in standard leagues.

18 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

I figure we are talking like an Au Bon Pain chocolate filled croissant...zap it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to get the butter melted...delish...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Barber probably got more touches because the Snyders are playing real football 

As opposed to the NFL teams that make their decisions based on fantasy football?

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I own both Gibson and Robinson. But I'm not concerned about Gibson's snap count in week one. He's a raw rookie who looked better than Barber and McKissic, and I expect his snap count to rise as the season progresses. I'm not proclaiming him a league winner, but I do believe he'll provide useful depth. 

If you want a PPR back get Hines, if you want a gadget player get Shenault. The only value Gibson ever had was RB snaps from a WR position, which he's not even listed at. 26% of the snaps on a bad team = bye Felicia

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

If you want a PPR back get Hines, if you want a gadget player get Shenault. The only value Gibson ever had was RB snaps from a WR position, which he's not even listed at. 26% of the snaps on a bad team = bye Felicia

I don't think that's the only value he ever had, and I think we see his value increase as the season continues. I'm holding with no regrets. 

14 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

lol how often are the Redskins gonna be running clock and protecting a 4th quarter lead this year? Of course the veteran RB is going to be the one getting those carries in week 1 with a shortened off season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Going to put this all into perspective.......we have only one game of evidence.....oooooonnnnneeee game. 

True true.   Hoping for a higher share of touches.   Don’t see that happening after a huge division win.  They’ll ride hot hand and the committee until Gibson forces their hand.    Your bet when that happens is as good as mine 

I think there's reason for some optimism this Sunday versus the Cardinals.

I mean I'm not saying a 76-yard catch and run touchdown a la Raheem Mostert, but at the same time I am.

Edited by dropshadows