The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, EWV1 said:

Peyton Barber truthers is a good one.

That is an oxymoronic statement by me.  There is nothing to be truthing about with Mr. Barber.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He’s not, but I figure he’s going to be a problem for Gibson owners for a while. 

I think that Camp 3 + 4 are okay with that.  Long season.  Just like Bitcoin and the recent IPO, SNOW, you buy and hodl

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I think that Camp 3 + 4 are okay with that.  Long season.  Just like Bitcoin and the recent IPO, SNOW, you buy and hodl

Agreed. I’m cool with it. It my RB room goes to crap, I may not. Haha!! But for now, I’m good with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Agreed. I’m cool with it. It my RB room goes to crap, I may not. Haha!! But for now, I’m good with it. 

You win...you lose.  So many factors go into a player being a fantasy viable player.  Sometimes a certain criteria is a positive, sometimes it is a negative.  FFB is a crapshoot and you you make decisions for a variety of reasons.  

Gibson is so polarizing, and I can’t wait to see how this plays out. I much rather have him sitting on my bench half the season than regret not taking a chance on a lottery ticket. You should have enough depth to wait it out, if you don’t ... shame on you. He was dropped in my keeper league and I will be aggressively going after him. Talent usually wins out. Washington believes that when they released AP. I don’t think they want to put everything on his shoulders right away. It’s a lot easier to tell Barber to hold a clip board when they want to take the reigns off than AP. Hold on, he will have his blowup game and we will be happy. 

• Like 1

ESPN and a couple of other sites now have him listed atop the depth chart. Is that an official move.....or just the guy at ESPN has him on his FF squad and he's being optimistic?

55 minutes ago, beerfish said:

ESPN and a couple of other sites now have him listed atop the depth chart. Is that an official move.....or just the guy at ESPN has him on his FF squad and he's being optimistic?

He officially got the start in week one, so even though Barber received 17 carries, Gibson is technically atop the WFT depth chart. Granted, that may change this week. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phatpanda said:

Gibson is so polarizing, and I can’t wait to see how this plays out. I much rather have him sitting on my bench half the season than regret not taking a chance on a lottery ticket. You should have enough depth to wait it out, if you don’t ... shame on you. 

I think people who got in early for practically free should wait it out for sure. I think people who bought in high from the hype have no choice to wait it out and those people should pretend he's hurt for a month. This is his pre-season games and its like this for the rest of the rookies this year. We won't really know what's what until October (even if he busts out before then in a game). This was not the year for people to dip into the rookies who can't play the long game. I'm still banking on a strong second half to the season, and I added him with that part of the season in mind for my FLEX.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsNation said:

looks better on replay than I remembered. Looks like he made the most out of every touch. Super quick. When not up against the Eagles strong front I see good things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rizon said:

looks better on replay than I remembered. Looks like he made the most out of every touch. Super quick. When not up against the Eagles strong front I see good things. 

The OL makes me very nervous. He barely has any running room, and it affects him greatly because his best skill is running in space.

2 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Let's hope he gets it sooner than later.

do you have the stones to flex him? Just seems like game script would favor this kid and the cards really had a terrible time covering 49ers rbs in space last week

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

do you have the stones to flex him? Just seems like game script would favor this kid and the cards really had a terrible time covering 49ers rbs in space last week

I think it depends on an owner’s situation. He’s a long way from my flex, but if someone has been hit by some of these injuries and/or is an underdog who could use a high-upside play, Gibson could be an option because of his speed if he gets in space. But the floor is pretty low, imo. 

7 hours ago, SkinsNation said:

WTF is that "block" by Thomas at :37? I know he's new to blocking but good lord, that's just being a poosy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'll wait until they put more on his plate. Can't justify starting a guy who has only gotten 9 carries and 2 targets. On the other hand, my benching him means he'll probably have his breakout this week, so maybe y'all should start him. 🥳

4 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Let's hope he gets it sooner than later.

Would make a ton of sense...if they had even a mediocre back instead of Barber. He's so bad. I think it'll play out much differently when they're losing and really need the production. 

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

In ppr I would depending on my other choices. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkinsNation said:

The kid is a playmaker. That much is obvious.

I counted 5 missed tackles and one more that could be counted out of 11 touches.  Roughly the same rate as at Memphis.  Good things will come with more experience. 

• Like 1

Noticed this in The Athletic, from their WFT beat guy:

"Think Peyton Barber’s 17 carries indicates he’s the workhorse especially when scoring twice on short touchdown runs? Put me down for no. Barber inherited the veteran RB role following Adrian Peterson’s release and he’s a possible Flex play now for those in need, but he’s not a sustainable lead back. Go look at those yards per carry averages by year in Tampa. Rookie Antonio Gibson needs a bit more time before grasping all aspects of his runner/receiver role, so Barber may lead the way in touches a bit longer. Eventually, Gibson’s explosive athleticism will lead to more work. It wouldn’t surprise me if Bryce Love eventually drops Barber out of the rotation."

In .5 ppr, I'm seriously considering. With joe Mixon needing another depends after last night, I'm a 12 point underdog. Its Gibson or DJ moore. Think I need the ceiling that the kid undeniably offers

18 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

In .5 ppr, I'm seriously considering. With joe Mixon needing another depends after last night, I'm a 12 point underdog. Its Gibson or DJ moore. Think I need the ceiling that the kid undeniably offers

I'm a 7 point dog and have Golladay out so I'm thinking of chasing the ceiling as well. 

2 hours ago, Drewfus said:

I'm a 7 point dog and have Golladay out so I'm thinking of chasing the ceiling as well. 

anyone else considering it? To me the floor is last week and the ceiling is he takes one to the house just like mostert did...and the cards are at home which is generally an advantage.

im also a dog and am wondering on gambling the ceiling here 

Pat Peterson should be on Terry, so Washington is going to need someone to step up.  ARZ's D has quite a few players that are built to stop mismatches.  So who knows how this shakes out, but I'd give Gibson a punchers chance to hit 20 ff points if he gets upwards of 20 touches.  I'm not counting on it being this week.