The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Naboo said:

Let's get back to Gibson.

I did draft him as a RB on Yahoo. Can't imagine him losing RB eligibility this season even if deployed as a WR by the Skins.

Yahoo has set a precedent where they will only add additional eligibility (in the middle of a season) and not remove eligibility.  So that shouldn't be a concern.  It can definitely be removed between seasons though.

2 hours ago, WEIL3R said:

Yahoo has set a precedent where they will only add additional eligibility (in the middle of a season) and not remove eligibility.  So that shouldn't be a concern.  It can definitely be removed between seasons though.

I don't think it really matters until they also list him as TE.

• Like 1

Um....don’t we want him listed as an RB, at least for full-PPR?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I don't think it really matters until they also list him as TE.

53 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Um....don’t we want him listed as an RB, at least for full-PPR?

It was a reference to the Jaylen Samuels saga in 2018. It helped some of us to win leagues and pissed off pretty much everyone else ;)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It was a reference to the Jaylen Samuels saga in 2018. It helped some of us to win leagues and pissed off pretty much everyone else ;)

I was among “us.”

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Boudewijn said:

Don't forget the Marques Colston rookie year controversy!

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Don't forget the Marques Colston rookie year controversy!

That's amazing. I had no idea, but I just spent a pleasant 10 minutes reading people getting upset in 2006:

---------------

"By the way, Marques Colston is doing his level best to turn my Yahoo! employment into an ordeal. As you probably know, Colston is eligible in Yahoo! leagues as a tight end, and I've received literally hundreds of outraged emails about this fact – Please. No more. That ship has sailed. And it's not going to change. Against the Ravens, Colston caught six passes for 163 yards and two very long garbage-time scores. I'll just tell you right now: I can't do anything about it. I've been pushing pins into my Colston voodoo doll. More importantly, I've been pushing pins into the voodoo dolls I've created to represent Yahoo!'s eligibility police. Nothing seems to work. Don't email me. You. You over there. I can see you getting ready to email me. Stop"

---------------

giphy.gif

I like this guy's athletic make up, but I'm scared off by his lack of production and his usage this past year.  Henderson and Pollard moved on in 2019, so why only 70 touches?  He gives off a Cordarrelle Patterson vibe.  6'+change Swiss army knife.

Have you ever tried to use a 6 foot tall utility tool?  Probably destined to play ST.

4 hours ago, JAG said:

I like this guy's athletic make up, but I'm scared off by his lack of production and his usage this past year.  Henderson and Pollard moved on in 2019, so why only 70 touches?  He gives off a Cordarrelle Patterson vibe.  6'+change Swiss army knife.

Have you ever tried to use a 6 foot tall utility tool?  Probably destined to play ST.

Utility tool 6 feet tall?  Scary.

Yikes, old scars here with both the Jaylen and Colston madness.  I think i scared the neighbors when Jaylen caught that first half TD against the Steelers in week 16 of 2018,

5 hours ago, BrianM said:

Yikes, old scars here with both the Jaylen and Colston madness.  I think i scared the neighbors when Jaylen caught that first half TD against the Steelers in week 16 of 2018,

May I introduce you to Joe Webb?

• Like 2

Obv a terrible situation that developed with Guice, but his stock is gonna elevate thru the roof as a result.

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Obv a terrible situation that developed with Guice, but his stock is gonna elevate thru the roof as a result.

were people that worried about guice? They still have AP who might get around 200 touches and then bryce love/peyton barber/McKissic

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

were people that worried about guice? They still have AP who might get around 200 touches and then bryce love/peyton barber/McKissic

I really wasn't, just because I did not see him ever remaining healthy...but he was the assumed starter, by about everyone...and had clear talent.

I've long defended Peyton Barber, but he isn't the sort of player that will hold a guy like Gibson back, nor will McKissic...AP will def get his share, but the whole distribution altered with Guice being a total POS. Love idk, that is def an X factor in the equation. Still, this is nothing short of a huge bounce up for Gibson imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Guice was being talked up to be leading the rb committee therefore that opens a bunch of opportunities for the rest...and Gibson is certainly gonna get his with guice being gone. However since Gibson does have a unique receiving skill set, this guice news probably benefits the likes of barber or AP more than Gibson but it certainly improves every Was RB 

• Like 1

Good value bump for those who already own Gibson or Love. I hate what this is gonna do to Gibson's ADP though. Rookie fever will be in full swing during draft season. Not good.

• Washington OC Scott Turner is adding more motion and reverses.

The Washington Football Team is undergoing one of the biggest offensive scheme changes in the NFL this offseason. Washington was 28th in pass attempts, 30th in neutral-situation pass rate, and 31st in neutral-situation pace last season and just brought in Carolina's offensive coordinator who led an offense that ranked 2nd, 4th, and 5th in those same metrics. It's great news for Rotoworld favorite Terry McLaurin, but the pre-snap motion and reverse wrinkles are specifically encouraging for Antonio Gibson. The rookie is unlikely to walk into a traditional running back role right away -- picking up blitzes may prove difficult -- but he can be a player that's schemed the ball out of the backfield. Gibson is now being drafted near the 100th overall pick in drafts.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Aug 18, 2020, 9:15 PM ET

•  

I keep wavering with this guy.  If he's going to struggle to get regular snaps at RB I can't imagine getting a piece.   If he has a gadget role, for lack of a better term, I dont see that translating to fantasy production without a full offseason to really put it together.  On the other hand, this offense is low on weaponry and there's a reasonable though that he can be a higher floor guy.   

The ghost of Cordarrelle Patterson compels me to avoid if only to avoid the frustrating lack of usage of a gadget type player... they are really fun to have on your real life team, but not so much fun to own (rarely work out as contributors in fantasy)... I want to like him, but just can't get my head around it... hope I'm wrong this year, as I own Scorin' McLaurin in dynasty and would love for both Sims and Gibson to step up and take some pressure off the young man.

• Like 1

cmc and ak are reasons enough to take this guy after the first 9 rounds... cause you don't know until you know...

yeah for what he cost it is not as if you are drafting to start him week 1. wait 3 weeks and see what happens. Even in kamara rookie year it did not happen until i think week 5 in a europe game vs miami before he was off to the races. I def prefer damien harris over him though. 

17 hours ago, TheDude4bides said:

The ghost of Cordarrelle Patterson compels me to avoid if only to avoid the frustrating lack of usage of a gadget type player...

CoPat is a very different story. Patterson was an amazing runner but a terrible WR; didn't run routes, didn't know his routes, didn't really catch well. However, once you got the ball in his hands he was a home run threat, which is why he was such a great returner.

Gibson is very different. He is actually a pretty good receiver who turns out to also work between the tackles. That's his big appeal, especially combined with Rivera as coach.