The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

Has at least 50 total yards and 3 catches in four straight games establishing a decent floor. I'm comfortable enough starting him especially in a plus matchup against a terrible defense. 

I'm moving on from him. I just don't think the Redskins see him as a real running back. :( More of a gadget thing. 

• Like 1

I get the trepidation some have with Gibson, but this is one of those games that offer him the potential blow up. This is the same Dallas defense that allowed D’Ernest Johnson to go 13-95 on them and has internal conflict right now. So with Mixon out, I’m starting him over James Robinson as my RB2 without much hesitation. I figure one of two things will happen...one, Dallas will continue to sink defensively and Gibson will capitalize with a couple of chunk plays and a TD or two...or two, this week will galvanize the Dallas defense, and they’ll shut down the WFT offense. I’m betting on the former. 

With his involvement in the passing game the last three weeks (13 rec on 15 targets), I figure the floor is what we’ve seen the last two weeks. 

1 hour ago, TennisDude said:

I'm moving on from him. I just don't think the Redskins see him as a real running back. :( More of a gadget thing. 

We’re six games into his career. How can anyone determine what the WFT really sees him as? 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

How can anyone determine what the WFT really sees him as? 

They can't. 

And if someone is ready to throw in the towel on Gibson because of the presence of J.D. McKissic 🤷‍♂️ IDK what to tell them. 

I'm still high on him, starting him over Justin Jackson and Fulgham

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

They can't. 

And if someone is ready to throw in the towel on Gibson because of the presence of J.D. McKissic 🤷‍♂️ IDK what to tell them. 

You guys are probably right, but it's so frustrating to see a team that is 1-5 give as many carries to JD McKissic last week. When you are this bad you should be volumizing your rookies and young players to see what you have. But reassessing things here, this week is the ultimate blowup spot for him if it is gonna happen. I mean if they cant get him big touches in this game, then I'm sticking with my first thought. 

Edited by TennisDude

1 minute ago, TennisDude said:

You guys are probably right, but it's so frustrating to see a team that is 1-5 give as many carries to JD McKissic last week. When you are this bad you should be volumizing your rookies and young players to see what you have. But reassessing things here, this week is the ultimate blowup spot for him if it is gonna happen. I mean if they cant get him touches in this game, then I'm sticking with my first thought. 

Frustrating?

Rostering this dude has been torturous. Not like he's been bad or anything -- but feels like he's been on the verge of breaking out for weeks. And yes, the usage is absolutely ridiculous. There's not a chance I'd give up on this guy. Starting him against the Cowboys and hopeful for at least a further slight uptick in usage ROS.  

Have no choice but to roll with him in my flex with Cook on bye and Michael Thomas jerking with everyone. Gibson should have a low floor and high ceiling....but there's a reason they call it fantasy gentlemen. Good luck, God speed!

Edited by sdlengua

Let’s not forget how raw he is as a RB. The fact that his low carry total is 9 so far is encouraging to me, and he has the expected pass game involvement. Remember, this kid still has a lot to learn about being an NFL RB. 

Anyone in here worried about Bryce pushing him for snaps later in the season. I believe he’s eligible to come off IR this week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Anyone in here worried about Bryce pushing him for snaps later in the season. I believe he’s eligible to come off IR this week. 

I don't know who Bryce is.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

If gibson is good then he keeps his job if not then he lose them. If you believe in him there's no need to worry

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

If gibson is good then he keeps his job if not then he lose them. If you believe in him there's no need to worry

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299ed490212fceee29c4

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

Really not a difficult concept. Bet on the talent.

So bet on both? I’d imagine they most certainly would want to see what they have in Love at some point in their lost season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

So bet on both? I’d imagine they most certainly would want to see what they have in Love at some point in their lost season. 

Idk i haven't seen Bryce, but I'm betting on gibson's talent to rise up and keeps his job. 

55 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

If he is good...then he is good. 

• Haha 1

Remember that long ago Rivera also kept Cmac chained up while continuing to give a lump of flesh named Johnathan Stewart carries. He likes to make rookies pay their dues.. he's also kinda stupid and therefore was a perfect choice for coach of the WFT. Cmac is currently on another level than Gibson but you get the point. I mean who is jd mckissic anyway?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, TennisDude said:

You guys are probably right, but it's so frustrating to see a team that is 1-5 give as many carries to JD McKissic last week. When you are this bad you should be volumizing your rookies and young players to see what you have. But reassessing things here, this week is the ultimate blowup spot for him if it is gonna happen. I mean if they cant get him big touches in this game, then I'm sticking with my first thought. 

The Washington Football team may not be ready yet to volumize their rookies.

They are only 1.5 games out of 1st place despite having a 1-5 record. 

But I agree I would like to see more Gibson.

1 hour ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

The Washington Football team may not be ready yet to volumize their rookies.

They are only 1.5 games out of 1st place despite having a 1-5 record. 

But I agree I would like to see more Gibson.

I could be totally wrong, but I feel if they wanted to make the playoffs they wouldnt have risked it and gone for 2 against the Giants. To me that just seemed like a "we actually wanted to lose" decision 

• Like 2

• Hope to see a good dose of this guy today. Washington hopefully gets some goal line looks against Dallas. McKissick still going to be a thorn in his upside.

28 minutes ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:
  • Hope to see a good dose of this guy today. Washington hopefully gets some goal line looks against Dallas. McKissick still going to be a thorn in his upside.

And hopefully they just let guys run for 70 yd TDs during garbage time like they did with Drake.

its one thing to have a historically bad D, it’s another when said D is also giving up 

• Like 2