Rotoworld.com Forums

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything s

I see the "realists" are putting on the full court press ahead of this game against Pittsburgh. I saw the same EXACT narrative for James Robinson last week who (by the way) bowling balled his way to 1

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

As much as I'm excited about AG, let's not be too high with our expectations for ROS. It's not every week that the WFT is in the game or even leading. And as soon as they are playing from behind, you know who they will target.

I agree with this. I'm excited about his future as the WFT RB, and I think he's going to be a stud as early as next year. I just don't know that we'll see his usage change this year ROS. But honestly, I'm okay with that, however, because after this weekend, Gibson is the RB10 in my half PPR league. 

27 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

They need a QB bad and I'm not talking about some clown that is gonna drop back and run. They need a guy like Trask.

With how their defense is shaping up to be and their offensive weapons they need to make a push for a QB. Even with a solid QB they're a playoff team and with a good one they should be a contender.

Their really isn't much to target in FA. The only real option is Dak but I don't see it happening so it would have to be through the draft. They're going to miss out on the Lawrence and Fields sweepstake to the Jets and Jaguars. So that leaves Lance, Wilson, and Trask (who is absolutely killing it). Problem is Trask is a really traditional pocket QB which isn't exactly to the tune of the modern game and Lance has so many red flags (small school, no experience, decision making, accuracy, etc). I love Wilson (reminds me of Mahomes to an extent) and he would probably be my pick at 3. 

Either way, it's tough to say exactly how much that will help Gibson because rookie QBs will do rookie QB things and Lawrence is the only one i'm confident will come out balling.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

With how their defense is shaping up to be and their offensive weapons they need to make a push for a QB. Even with a solid QB they're a playoff team and with a good one they should be a contender.

Their really isn't much to target in FA. The only real option is Dak but I don't see it happening so it would have to be through the draft. They're going to miss out on the Lawrence and Fields sweepstake to the Jets and Jaguars. So that leaves Lance, Wilson, and Trask (who is absolutely killing it). Problem is Trask is a really traditional pocket QB which isn't exactly to the tune of the modern game and Lance has so many red flags (small school, no experience, decision making, accuracy, etc). I love Wilson (reminds me of Mahomes to an extent) and he would probably be my pick at 3. 

Either way, it's tough to say exactly how much that will help Gibson because rookie QBs will do rookie QB things and Lawrence is the only one i'm confident will come out balling.

I wonder if Winston would/could be an option for WFT? Because of Payton going with Hill, it'll be hard to know if Winston has overcome his proclivity to turnovers, but I wonder if he'll be a strong option for any of these QB-needy teams. 

44 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I wonder if Winston would/could be an option for WFT? Because of Payton going with Hill, it'll be hard to know if Winston has overcome his proclivity to turnovers, but I wonder if he'll be a strong option for any of these QB-needy teams. 

I don't think WFT will go for him.

By the way, Winston is actually younger than Dak. Pretty insane.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Definitely thought he was going to get involved in the passing game this week.  First play of game was a reception for 10 yards.  He didn't get another reception and only one other target the entire game.

Too good... ron was like gd it alex I told you we were saving 1st downs every play till next year...

6 hours ago, FavreCo said:

They need a QB bad and I'm not talking about some clown that is gonna drop back and run. They need a guy like Trask.

Trask is not going top 3 no matter how good he does. The NFL doesn’t do non mobile QBs anymore. At least not that high. 

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Unsure why Gibson isn't ranked higher than guys like James Robinson & Josh Jacobs this week. He has an excellent matchup that he smashed earlier in the season.

He's too TD reliant and now we have McKissen to worry about. I still wouldn't worry too much about starting him this week if you dont have better options but some of the shine is starting to wear off some...

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

He's too TD reliant and now we have McKissen to worry about. I still wouldn't worry too much about starting him this week if you dont have better options but some of the shine is starting to wear off some...

Gibson is the RB6, and RB4 in ppg, since week 7. He’s RB10 on the year. The shine isn’t wearing off lmao, he’s a solid RB1.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Perspective time:

Week 7 v. Dallas

Carries: 20

Catches: 0

Yards: 128

TDs: 1

Last Week v. Cincy

Carries: 16

Catches: 1

Yards: 104

Week 12 v. Dallas

Happy times.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Perspective time:

Week 7 v. Dallas

Carries: 20

Catches: 0

Yards: 128

Last Week v. Cincy

Carries: 16

Catches: 1

Yards: 104

Week 12 v. Dallas

Happy times.

Gibson is the RB6, and RB4 in ppg, since week 7. He’s RB10 on the year. The shine isn’t wearing off lmao, he’s a solid RB1.

Again, he's too TD reliant. He's only broken 100 total yards this season 3 times. He's 18th in the league in rushing yards and 17th in rec yards (McKissic is 2nd in rc yards for RB incidentally). As long as he's scoring he's fine.

You asked why he wasnt ranked higher and I'm explaining what the so called experts are seeing. If he wasn't scoring TDs he would be on most waiver wires. Perspective time, indeed.  

Edited by jstep13
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Again, he's too TD reliant. He's only broken 100 total yards this season 3 times. He's 18th in the league in rushing yards and 17th in rec yards (McKissic is 2nd in rc yards for RB incidentally). As long as he's scoring he's fine.

You asked why he wasnt ranked higher and I'm explaining what the so called experts are seeing. If he wasn't scoring TDs he would be on most waiver wires. Perspective time, indeed.  

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Sounds like someone needs to learn to like the taste of footballs in the end zone.

• Haha 1

Alright GL starting him the final month of the season. Steelers, Niners, 'Hawks. All tough rushing Ds. Again, you asked why he's not ranked higher. I'm telling what the so called experts are seeing. Pray he maintains the Priest Holmes pace. 

Sorry to burst your guys bubble.

Edited by jstep13
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Alright GL starting him the final month of the season. Steelers, Niners, 'Hawks. All tough rushing Ds. Again, you asked why he's not ranked higher. I'm telling what the so called experts are seeing. Pray he maintains the Priest Holmes pace. 

I am an expert and I’m telling you Gibson is an RB1, because he is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

You're definitely right about the Steelers and maybe the 49ers, though volume shouldn't be a problem for Gibson in that second game. In general, I have no interest in starting a RB against PIT, LAR, NO, IND, TB, BAL, CHI, and maybe SF. 

But in what world is a home game against Seattle's 28th ranked scoring defense a tough matchup? They've given up a rushing TD in every game this year, including 8 in their last 4 games. And should we be overlooking Gibson's Week 16 matchup against Carolina, or is that week not important? Week 15 and 16 should yield nice results for AG owners, and at least for me, those are the only weeks I really care about.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

You're definitely right about the Steelers and maybe the 49ers, though volume shouldn't be a problem for Gibson in that second game. In general, I have no interest in starting a RB against PIT, LAR, NO, IND, TB, BAL, CHI, and maybe SF. 

But in what world is a home game against Seattle's 28th ranked scoring defense a tough matchup? They've given up a rushing TD in every game this year, including 8 in their last 4 games. And should we be overlooking Gibson's Week 16 matchup against Carolina, or is that week not important? Week 15 and 16 should yield nice results for AG owners, and at least for me, those are the only weeks I really care about.

Seattle's given up the 4th fewest rushing yards this season CAR I wouldnt be too worried about as long as he's getting TDs. This really has become a circular argument. You cant rely on guys getting TDs every week. It's fools gold.

But start him with confidence every week, knock yourself out. I really don't care. I was just explaining why the experts have him ranked so low. He's one trick. I have him in multiple leagues and started him almost every week. I took him in double digit rounds and it's been a nice ride. But I have better options moving forward. 

Edited by jstep13
  • Haha 2

Going to be RB5 or RB6 overall after this week as a rookie in a timeshare for the majority of the year.

He’s a top 5 RB play now and will be a first round pick next year. Three down pass catching workhorse with elite athleticism and the draft capital to back it up. He is a fantasy superstar right now up there with the Cook, Kamara, CMC, Henry, Jones types.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3