Rotoworld.com Forums

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything s

I see the "realists" are putting on the full court press ahead of this game against Pittsburgh. I saw the same EXACT narrative for James Robinson last week who (by the way) bowling balled his way to 1

Posted Images

On 11/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, MrPositive said:

I'm still flabbergasted they don't use a former star receiver in the receiving game, but he's doing so damn well at even rushing that I can't complain. I'm hoping this Sunday is his blowup game finally.

You nailed it! It's sad he gets Pitt next, because NOBODY has blown up Pitt this year. But man, how do you not play him after that.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything special. 

Also, take away those last two TD's where nobody even touched him and he could still be running home to Washington. :)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, 33legend said:

I can't believe how physical he is when he runs. I expected him to be good but by pass catching. Next year he may start catching a bunch of balls and elite potential is there.

Let’s just let him catch more balls this year. 😀 

He has 11 tds so far. He’s starting to resemble CMC like people thought would happen with Rivera as coach. His snap count was high this week. Didn’t seem often he sat in favor of McKissick. I did notice many two RB sets with both in backfield. 

• Like 3

It seems like it finally clicked in Riveras head that he is a playmaker. Saw statistics in the second quarter that out of 27 offensive plays 15 went through AG. I really have to take a look at the shares between him and McKissic, but 7 targets is great.

The 2 he didn't catch where a wheel route where the DL makes a good hustle running into him to change the angle he can run the route which leads to Smith throwing the ball too early. Pretty sure if he could have run his route freely, he would have caught that ball in full speed and was gone for the TD (but have to check that.

The other one was a contested catch against 2 defenders while he was lined up wide.

Althoug it seems ridiculous to say that after a 36 points performance, I'm still cautious with him the rest of season. This was against the Cowboys and they had the lead like 95% of the time and controlled the clock. To call him the next CMC i want to see him get the majority of the targets when they are playing from behind against a strong team.

But hell yeah. With Jackson and Dobbins out this week and fighting for the playoffs that's exactly the performance I needed.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Apparently "experts" don't value fantasy players who score TDs. Antonio "Dr.Touchdown" Gibson haunts their dreams. 🤣

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Also, take away those last two TD's where nobody even touched him and he could still be running home to Washington. :)

You can't touch what you can't catch. Try touching a car on the freeway... Actually don't try that.

10 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything special. 

Why don't you take his cleats as well...

This dude is fools gold big time. He got to go up against Dallas, by far the worst D in the league, and literally ran for 3 touchdowns without getting touched. He's not going to do that in the playoffs and will bust. So Mike, if you are in this forum, you can just trade him to me. I guess I'll take him off your hands for you.

• Haha 1
On 9/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, Spyplane said:

This thread...

Gibson owner: Antonio Gibson is incredibly athletic and he's quite large and powerful.

AP owner:

anigif_sub-buzz-29873-1504623885-1.gif

Gibson owner: Antonio Gibson played phenomenal in college when given opportunity and that has transferred over to camp in the pros.

AP owner:

Gibson owner: They cut AP, AP said Gibson is a freak and he's why get got cut. The coaching staff say he's a very special player and he's going to have a large role. The best writers say he's a very special player and it looks like he's going to have a big role. Everyone in Washington who has physically been around the team says he's going to have a big rookie season.

AP owner:

REVISITED

Gibson owner: Antonio Gibson is incredibly athletic and he's quite large and powerful. He's used that to post the 6th highest Attempt/Broken tackle rate and 7th in total broken tackles in the league.

McKissic owner:

Gibson owner: Antonio Gibson has played phenomenal in the pros when given opportunity and that has transferred over to fantasy quite well, posting 9th overall in PPG among RBs with at least 115 carries. 

McKissic owner:

Gibson owner: Gibson appears to have passed McKissic in passing downs work, the only limiting factor between him being ranked a top 5 elite back this season.

McKissic owner:

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Pretty much take away his 2 games against Dallas and he hasnt run for >50 yards in a game lol. But he did look real good yday...but then again, I think I could run for 50 yards and a touch against Dallas D.

Edited by phegotgame14
3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

🤔 Pretty much he ran for 209 yards and 4 TDs on 36 carries over the last two weeks. 

yes his one other game he ran for over 50 yards was last week against a terrible Cin team even worse than Dallas. If he goes off against Pittsburg I'm a believer

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

yes his one other game he ran for over 50 yards was last week against a terrible Cin team even worse than Dallas. If he goes off against Pittsburg I'm a believer

He doesn't need to go off on Pittsburg to be legit. If that's the measuring stick then 99% of the league is pure trash.

• Like 2