Rotoworld.com Forums

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He doesn't need to go off on Pittsburg to be legit. If that's the measuring stick then 99% of the league is pure trash.

For example James Robinson went for 17/73 against Pitts which I think is pretty good. It can be his coming out...otherwise his stats are highly skewed with 2 outlier Dallas games

Edited by phegotgame14
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man do I LOVE this thread... these posters come in weekly to try and throw water on Gibson then immediately get embarrassed the following week. See you around 8 tonight, get ready to eat. 

Listen, I'm going to have to agree with the "realists" in here. Take away all three of his touchowns, his 7 targets, 5 receptions, and his four longest runs and he is JAG. Not really seeing anything s

I see the "realists" are putting on the full court press ahead of this game against Pittsburgh. I saw the same EXACT narrative for James Robinson last week who (by the way) bowling balled his way to 1

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

For example James Robinson went for 17/73 against Pitts which I think is pretty good. It can be his coming out...otherwise his stats are highly skewed with 2 outlier Dallas games

If he were playing Pittsburg every week then you may have a very strong point.

1. x In week one Saquon Barkley rushed for 6 yards on 15 attempts against the Steelers. Everything he did before that point was a fluke against weak teams?
  2. x Kareem Hunt had 40 yards on 13 carries in week six... Total phony? 
  3. x Zeke had 50 on 18 carries in week nine against the Steelers and so you need to discredit all his prior stats?
  4. 🗸 James Robinson, he passes the test because he scored 12 fantasy points against the Steelers (in PPR)?

Interesting idea, I'll let it simmer for a while and get back to you.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Pretty much take away his 2 games against Dallas and he hasnt run for >50 yards in a game lol. But he did look real good yday...but then again, I think I could run for 50 yards and a touch against Dallas D.

What? He ran for 94 last week. Lol! He also ran for 55 in week two. And he did have 82yds receiving in week 4. 

Edited by Flyman75
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

1. x In week one Saquon Barkley rushed for 6 yards on 15 attempts against the Steelers. Everything he did before that point was a fluke against weak teams?
  3. x Zeke had 50 on 18 carries in week nine against the Steelers and so you need to discredit all his prior stats?
  4. 🗸 James Robinson, he passes the test because he scored 12 fantasy points against the Steelers (in PPR)?

Dobbins rushed for 100+ against the steelers. I guess that makes him the best RB in the league.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Pretty much take away his 2 games against Dallas and he hasnt run for >50 yards in a game lol. But he did look real good yday...but then again, I think I could run for 50 yards and a touch against Dallas D.

If you think that about yourself, you certainly have no business evaluating the talent of actual pros.

2 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

As expected, he had a good game vs terrible Dallas "D". Like I mentioned before, very TD reliant. Take away those nice runs (23, 37 TD runs) and he averaged 3 ypc. His next 3 games are brutal - just in time for the playoffs. Tread with caution - if he's not getting TDs he's gonna sink ya...good luck!

Wow, these are some clown takes. 

“Take away his yards and TDs and he’s not very good”

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Lol you justify the reason for if he sh*** the bed the next week. Btw zeke has been terrible all year so the 50 yards is actually impressive and saquon is the most overrated rb in history. Ill give you hunt though

Edited by phegotgame14
9 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Lol you justify the reason for if he sh*** the bed the next week. Btw zeke has been terrible all year so the 50 yards is actually impressive and saquon is the most overrated rb in history. Ill give you hunt though

It looks like you **** the bed, don't shift the blame. We know.

Dude is a stud...steal of the draft IMO and not even a question. He definitely fits the mold of a league winner. He went anywhere from the 5th to the 8th rounds in my drafts. I went RB heavy early which is rare for me(3RBs off the bat)but I listened to all the nay say, I will never ever do that again, so I didn’t get an opportunity to get him. Congrats to all that own him, Alex Smith definitely has a big part of his success also. I’ll be aiming for him next year.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Every player has bad games, except perhaps the elite of the elite...and even they have bad games. I guess CMC is a TD-dependent bum this year. 

2 hours ago, jstep13 said:

As expected, he had a good game vs terrible Dallas "D". Like I mentioned before, very TD reliant. Take away those nice runs (23, 37 TD runs) Cowboys gave up on life and basically checked out - he averaged 3 ypc. His next 3 games are brutal - just in time for the playoffs. Tread with caution - if he's not getting TDs he's gonna sink ya...good luck! 

As expected? But you still did not start him? lol.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, jstep13 said:

As expected, he had a good game vs terrible Dallas "D". Like I mentioned before, very TD reliant. Take away those nice runs (23, 37 TD runs) Cowboys gave up on life and basically checked out - he averaged 3 ypc. His next 3 games are brutal - just in time for the playoffs. Tread with caution - if he's not getting TDs he's gonna sink ya...good luck! 

The "if you take away all of his most productive / scoring plays actually he wasn't very good" takes are the worst takes. Every. Time. 

Gibson is fine. He's not CMc or anything but he plays for an offense with a game manager QB with a dedication to the run. He seems to have earned his coaches' trust and more consistent touches. He seems to consistently get goal line touches and also have shiftiness and burst. He probably won't win you your week against Pitt next week but most RBs won't win you your week against Pitt. That's ok. Given the hell scape that is RBs this season he's pretty much a low-end RB1 at this point. He'll get you an ok floor in almost every matchup and clearly has the ability to be a week-winner against very good matchups. Congrats to those that drafted him. You got good value. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Every player has bad games, except perhaps the elite of the elite...and even they have bad games. I guess CMC is a TD-dependent bum this year. 

Huh? Cmc hasnt had a bad game. Gibson has 8+ games <50 yards rushing. Like i said >70 yards rushing against pitts and stud

Edited by phegotgame14
1 minute ago, phegotgame14 said:

Huh? Cmc hadnt had a bad game. Gibson has 8+ games <50 yards rushing

Bolstered by 6 TDs in three games and has rushed for 18-59 and 18-69 in his last two games played. Just using your logic, that’s all. 

You know a new player on the come up is a stud when the haters resort to the “let’s see it versus a real defense.” That argument is always the last line of defense for the people still in denial.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1