The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, jstep13 said:

As expected, he had a good game vs terrible Dallas "D". Like I mentioned before, very TD reliant. Take away those nice runs (23, 37 TD runs) Cowboys gave up on life and basically checked out - he averaged 3 ypc. His next 3 games are brutal - just in time for the playoffs. Tread with caution - if he's not getting TDs he's gonna sink ya...good luck! 

And they keep coming back for more! Hahahahahaha

Good luck starting this mega stud guys! I hope mega studs don’t hurt your team too much! You wouldn’t want to start too many mega studs now would we???  Tread with caution when starting a MEGA STUD RB!! We wouldn’t want to start a MEGA STUD RB down the stretch!!!! God forbid!!! Is 11TDs as a rookie good? Asking for a friend. LMAO

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Yes, but also 17-150 in the receiving game makes up for the rushing. Gibson doesnt do that. 

Ohh...so now we’ll take receiving into account. Ok. Gibson is averaging 3-21 receiving, which adds 5 ppg.

I’m not saying Gibson is remotely CMC. Just pointing out how ridiculous your “rush yards only” argument is. 

1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

And they keep coming back for more! Hahahahahaha

Good luck starting this mega stud guys! I hope mega studs don’t hurt your team too much! You wouldn’t want to start too many mega studs now would we???  Tread with caution when starting a MEGA STUD RB!! We wouldn’t want to start a MEGA STUD RB down the stretch!!!! God forbid!!! Is 11TDs as a rookie good? Asking for a friend. LMAO

No, TDs scored by Gibson is not good. It shows how overrated he is. All he did in college was score TDs as well and from everywhere on the field. Its why you were able to acquire him. Because all the smart managers don't draft players like that.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Ohh...so now we’ll take receiving into account. Ok. Gibson is averaging 3-21 receiving, which adds 5 ppg.

I’m not saying Gibson is remotely CMC. Just pointing out how ridiculous your “rush yards only” argument is. 

With cmc receiving always gets taking into account. I think you brought up CMC anyway. Which is an insult to CMC. My argument was never rush yards only...you said CMC was TD dependant not taking his recieving yards into play. My argument was besides Dallas and Cinci he hasnt done anything. 

Edited by phegotgame14
  • Haha 1

Let's not overlook, Gibson has played only 31.3 snaps per game and has been missing out on most of the valuable passing game work. Even so, his .527 ppr points per snap is in elite territory:

Cook - .603

Kamara - .572

McCaffrey - .538

Jones: - .529

Gibson - .527

Henry - .421

Robinson - .394

Jacobs - .391

Mixon - .344

Elliott - .273

Love the floor and upside going forward. Easy RB1.

• Like 7

2021 first rounder in redraft leagues. I only take kamara cook d henry and ajones ahead of him and even ajones is iffy. Kelce also maybe and i generally do not do wr in first few rounds and start rb rb due to most years rbs after round 2 being total trash with gibson and jrob being the only real hits this season (I guess hunt was a asemi hit and rjones is a top 12 fantasy rb due to the position dying who really has only had 4 monster games making up most of his points i think). 

[...] 

Oh well such is life. Yes matchup vs steelers will be tough but still right now he is the rb4 on the season (yes many rb went down to injury) and he cost mostly nothing to own on draft day so its already pure profit. I think the earliest i saw him go in some leagues was the 4th or 5th round in late august and stupid me was slamming dobbins instead (who i also believe in but ravens wasted his rookie year in a 3 way time share from hell).

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

10 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Were thinking hes 1st rounder next year?  Wow, hes performed, buts hes a foot ball team

He's playing like a top 10 RB and that sort of production puts him in the back end of the first, early second at the latest now.  

It's within the realm of possibility that he finishes with 1,300 total yards and 16TD.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's playing like a top 10 RB and that sort of production puts him in the back end of the first, early second at the latest now. 

And I think his role will only increase in the passing game moving forward. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It's within the realm of possibility that he finishes with 1,300 total yards and 16TD.

Yeah it almost seems likely an earlier mid-year breakout than Miles Sanders had last year? I remember getting him almost as a toss in around this time last year in a 16 team keeper...and he really found his footing late season and it propelled him (right or wrong) to being a 1st Rd pick this year. Gibson can blow that out of the water with a semi-strong finish here.

Guy has 30+ points 100+ rush yards 7 targets 5 receptions and we have people hating? Ha. Must've been playing against him or traded him away.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Huh? Cmc hasnt had a bad game. Gibson has 8+ games <50 yards rushing. Like i said >70 yards rushing against pitts and stud

Unless you count the 8-games-and-counting he's missed so far this season. That's 0 points in 8 out of 11 weeks from your 1st round RB. It's not necessarily his fault but we're talking RB value here so of course health and whether or not that RB is actually available to start for your team matters. 

• Like 1

As a WFT fan I'm super impressed with this guy, especially considering his lack of college RB experience. He definitely has room to still grow and improve but passes the eye test with flying colors. The people mentioning the tough upcoming schedule aren't completely wrong but at this point Gibson has reached auto start status. Don't overthink it. Plus is it really that bad after next week? Week 14 SF has a good run defense but their offense is poop. Should be a game WFT can stay in and keep pounding. Week 15 vs Seattle isn't ideal because they may have to throw more to keep up but he should catch some passes and maybe get some garbage time work. WFT has a good D so they could possibly stay in that game and be able to establish the run. Week 16 vs Carolina for fantasy championships is a blow up game

15 hours ago, collucho said:

Guy has 30+ points 100+ rush yards 7 targets 5 receptions and we have people hating? Ha. Must've been playing against him or traded him away.

Ot hating, just surprised to hear a 1st rounder 2021, but the miles sanders comparison sheds more light on that prediction