The G Man

Antonio Gibson 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

This was like a few years ago when it was AP, Ingram, and Kamara in the Saints backfield. AP got cut and Kamara went off, he was basically free to draft that year. 

and i was the lone voice on this bored advocating for AK over AP ... i predicted AP would be cut by midseason, and that Kamara was the back to own - but all anyone could post was "ZOMG!!!1!1!! 20 TDs INCOMING FOR THE GOAT!!1!11!" 😄

AP had/has NO business in a complex, high octane offense - that stooge was doomed from jump with Payton and the Saints. 

ETA: here's the post from 2017 -

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

This is why Zero RB is still a viable strategy. Gibson could outperform RBs taken in rounds 3 and 4.

17 minutes ago, Fade2White12 said:

Edited by Spyplane
Double post. Delete this. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Fade2White12 said:

Read Josina's recent tweets. Fire it up is right.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1301872460627881985?s=20

Since I couldn't get this to embed and she didn't thread the posts, from AP: 

"It caught me by surprise. I was having a strong camp. It was showing up on film, taking #1 reps all the way to this week. I just got notified by the running backs coach yesterday that they want to give these young guys some reps, but I didn’t know I was going to get cut, there was no indication.

Today (Ron) Rivera just said this is always tough, but yes we’re gonna release you & go with this offensive style. I respect coach.

Look (Antonio) Gibson is a hell of a talent This system really fits him. I feel like I can do that pony style too, more as a receiving back. We were all working on it, but they really want one main guy to do it & they drafted Gibson for it.

Trust me, I still have a lot in me, more to strive for & do again even when there’s doubt. I feel strong & I can build on that as the season wears on. I'll do it again."

Edited by Fade2White12
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

spacer.png

Took him first overall in my dynasty draft last night

lemme get this straight ... Gibson with Haskins over CEH landing with 'Homie/KoolAid 🤔

seems legit 👍

• Haha 2

I was already quite high on Gibson, but this is a pretty sweet boost right before the season.

In PPR I would confidently take him ahead of David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Fournette and others in/around that tier.

27 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I was already quite high on Gibson, but this is a pretty sweet boost right before the season.

In PPR I would confidently take him ahead of David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Fournette and others in/around that tier.

That's 5th round ish in PPR. That seems a tad high.

Was thinking more like 7th-8th round where the likes of Z. Moss, P. Lindsay, and K. Johnson live.

The upside is there, but this offense kind of stinks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

lemme get this straight ... Gibson with Haskins over CEH landing with 'Homie/KoolAid 🤔

seems legit 👍

I had the 18th pick not 1.01. So he was technically my 1st overall

Edited by LeeVanCleef
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That's 5th round ish in PPR. That seems a tad high.

Was thinking more like 7th-8th round where the likes of Z. Moss, P. Lindsay, and K. Johnson live.

The upside is there, but this offense kind of stinks.

Tbh, we don’t know if this offense will stink or not. We don’t know what it’ll look like this year. 

9 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Just saw him go mid 4th in a Yahoo mock...

People snooze and people lose.

Mckissic and love aren’t going anywhere. Peyton barber around. I get AP is a big mouth to not have to feed but this is (still) gonna be a full blown committee 

it’s also worth noting that if love left Stanford after his junior season he would have been a top 5 nfl pick, he only fell bc of injuries his senior which continued his rookie year. 

Edited by cyberer

Just now, cyberer said:

Mckissic and love aren’t going anywhere. Peyton barber around. I get AP is a big mouth to not have to feed but this is gonna be a full blown committee 

Peterson's "big mouth" let it out the AG is a camp star who the team is eyeing for a large role. He implied he's out because of AG. Naming the names of the roster doesn't get them in the game.

From the perspective of a WFT fan: this was not a shock at all.  Scott Turner, our OC, was literally drawing up plays for Gibson in February... well before the draft.  This has been Gibson's backfield since we drafted him.

• Thanks 1

This page is going to be 100 pages by opening weekend.  Particularly with the CMC narrative correlations which are stupid even by bs garbage unthinking hype narrative standards.

1 minute ago, mannymachado said:

This man going to go ham this year!!!!

Kind of like that man Manny???

I can't believe that this is happening so soon. Wow.

Whoever made the Josh Gordon/Vince McMahon gif should make an Antonio Gibson one, ending with the news of AP getting released.