The G Man

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

Such a tough hold right now if you have short benches or injuries.

Singletary looked good and now he's a little dinged. Unfortunately thinking of dropping in the hopes he flys under the radar a couple week and I can pick him back up (although that never works out).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

People draft these dudes knowing exactly what is in front of them, then after a couple of weeks are ready to cut bait.🙄

Play the long game.

nothing wrong with improving your bench when opportunities arise. A dude like J Kelley or Robinson (jags) or JT who were on a lot of waviers look alot better long term and produce in the immediate term. Why miss out on guys withmore clearly defined roles who are already producing over a guy your hoping for several things to happen before he becomes relevant. I get that we want to hit on the underdog rookie who came out of nowhere but if there is a chance at clear improvement i don't see the issue

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yeah but he didn’t score a TD in one of those two weeks = droppable 

The Julio of Buffalo RBs...tsk tsk. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

nothing wrong with improving your bench when opportunities arise. A dude like J Kelley or Robinson (jags) or JT who were on a lot of waviers look alot better long term and produce in the immediate term. Why miss out on guys withmore clearly defined roles who are already producing over a guy your hoping for several things to happen before he becomes relevant. I get that we want to hit on the underdog rookie who came out of nowhere but if there is a chance at clear improvement i don't see the issue

If this was a normal season I'd disagree but with all the injuries I had to drop for Robinson and it's paid off so far. Sometimes we get too hung up on potential and miss out on those precious early season gems. I need the points and wins NOW. Not gonna wait and hope given the amount of acls and sprains going on. 

• Like 1

Think a lot of people are still hanging onto the preseason narrative that "Moss will at least split carries/get the goal line carries/eventually take over from Singletary." This led to many drafting Moss as high as the 7th round. It's difficult to drop a guy like this for many. And if you hold too long on guys like this, you will sometimes miss the boat on early season waiver wire gems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Think a lot of people are still hanging onto the preseason narrative that "Moss will at least split carries/get the goal line carries/eventually take over from Singletary." This led to many drafting Moss as high as the 7th round. It's difficult to drop a guy like this for many. And if you hold too long on guys like this, you will sometimes miss the boat on early season waiver wire gems.

I held him through two weeks for exactly this reason, but I also wasn’t sold on any of the WW options (I play in non ppr)

So far I’m not really regretting it in that J Robinson was drafted in my league and I probably wouldn’t have targeted him anyway but I’m not sure I would have believed in him after just 1 week. (I do now)

Moss is looking like a TD or bust did but at the same time Josh Allan has played his two best games ever against two of the worst defenses in the league. I can see the running game reverting to the mean. 

Given how scarce RBs of any kind are, I’m not sure he’s really worth dropping for any RBs on the WW right now and that includes some of the 3-4 week fill ins that will outperform him in the short term (Moss would not last on the WW if dropped.) It’s a long season and things change fast. At this point I’m holding. If something certain comes along I’ll certainly drop but Moss is a pretty decent lottery ticket in the mean time.

I usually have a well stocked RB based bench around this time of year. If I need to get rid of one of them, I find the worst team, ideally one that I have already played, and almost give the player away. Even to take a player that I will quickly waive. See too many managers waive quality players to be scooped up by my competition.

Example: This week the Kelce owner waived Waller ! I sent the owner a not asking for the opportunity to take these players before he waives them.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Singletary looked good and now he's a little dinged. Unfortunately thinking of dropping in the hopes he flys under the radar a couple week and I can pick him back up (although that never works out).

I can't speak for every league but I can assure you he'd be scooped up REAL quick in mine. I'd be very surprised if he didn't emerge as the clear 1A in this backfield. Definitely would not drop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I can't speak for every league but I can assure you he'd be scooped up REAL quick in mine. I'd be very surprised if he didn't emerge as the clear 1A in this backfield. Definitely would not drop. 

yeah. I'm in a 12 teamer and i believe he would be grabbed the minute i dropped him. People tend to get impatient when a pick doesn't pay off right away. :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Hi, I'm a Saquon Barkley owner, and Moss is now my RB2.

Yes I know, I suck and should invite you to my league next year.  Nonetheless no, I am not planning on dropping him.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2

Who drops Zack Moss , rookies .. It's only been 2 weeks.

His numbers will be alot better by mid season. Still considered the GL back, for whatever that's worth. 

At worst you trade him or throw him in a package deal.

3 hours ago, mar1kle said:

Example: This week the Kelce owner waived Waller ! I sent the owner a not asking for the opportunity to take these players before he waives them.

Insert Jags confused fan gif here. Lol!

27 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Insert Jags confused fan gif here. Lol!

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Who drops Zack Moss , rookies .. It's only been 2 weeks.

His numbers will be alot better by mid season. Still considered the GL back, for whatever that's worth. 

At worst you trade him or throw him in a package deal.

Meh Zack moss vs guys who are producing now and will continue all season when I need the RB help? There have been some God picks on the wire this year that will likely be better than him fantasy wise. Yes it's its been two weeks but if you had to choose between a "stash and wait" over a newly crowned startable RB like a jt or gaskins or Robinson or Kelly. I can't blame anyone who took a chance early given how the acls are popping. Moss isn't some auto lock and we still have to wait 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Meh Zack moss vs guys who are producing now and will continue all season when I need the RB help? There have been some God picks on the wire this year that will likely be better than him fantasy wise. Yes it's its been two weeks but if you had to choose between a "stash and wait" over a newly crowned startable RB like a jt or gaskins or Robinson or Kelly. I can't blame anyone who took a chance early given how the acls are popping. Moss isn't some auto lock and we still have to wait 

What JT , not sure why you or Guwop earlier in this thread mentioned him.

Jonathan Taylor was drafted in 99% of all competitive leagues. He was going in rounds 3-5 for christs sake. 

I should know I have him.

But if your in a super deep league, or just are decimated by RB injuries.

I get cutting Moss if he’s the only player to drop, for Kelley or maybe Robinson. 

But everyones situation is different, so is their leagues.

For me Moss is my RB4/5. So I have no issues holding on. 

Edited by RunCMC

58 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

There are no real leagues where Robinson or Kelly are on waivers.  All my drafts were in September, and both were taken in every single one.  Also Gaskin is almost certainly taken by now in a competent league.

Waiver RBs are going to be at best Adrian Peterson, Kerryon Johnson, Howard, Breida, Gus Edwards, etc.

If there's someone you like better, go for it.  But you're gonna be looking at guys whose ceilings are as rb4s.  Byes haven't started, you shouldn't need the rb30 numbers they'll give you this week.

Moss has a significantly higher ceiling, and shouldn't have been drafted for early production. 

If you need to drop someone and there's no one else, sure.

But I just don't see why you'd draft the guy if you're trying to give up after 2 weeks to pick up waiver wire leftovers.

20 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

There are no real leagues where Robinson or Kelly are on waivers.  All my drafts were in September, and both were taken in every single one.  Also Gaskin is almost certainly taken by now in a competent league.

Waiver RBs are going to be at best Adrian Peterson, Kerryon Johnson, Howard, Breida, Gus Edwards, etc.

If there's someone you like better, go for it.  But you're gonna be looking at guys whose ceilings are as rb4s.  Byes haven't started, you shouldn't need the rb30 numbers they'll give you this week.

Moss has a significantly higher ceiling, and shouldn't have been drafted for early production. 

But I just don't see why you'd draft the guy if you're trying to give up after 2 weeks to pick up waiver wire leftovers.

39 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What JT , not sure why you or Guwop earlier in this thread mentioned him.

Jonathan Taylor was drafted in 99% of all competitive leagues. He was going in rounds 3-5 for christs sake. 

I should know I have him.

But if your in a super deep league, or just are decimated by RB injuries.

I get cutting Moss if he’s the only player to drop, for Kelley or maybe Robinson. 

But everyones situation is different, so is their leagues.

For me Moss is my RB4/5. So I have no issues holding on. 

In my case I brought up Jonathan Taylor based on checking his thread and seeing that there were leagues he was available in. He was taken in mine but for some folks he might have been around. And the same goes for Kelley and Robinson in which they were available before the 2nd week of games kicked off in some leagues... Otherwise they wouldn't have been hyped in the ww threads here or the columns on rotoworld. All I'm saying is that folks are acting like its a sin to drop a hopeful that needs things to fall in line and is projected to start be useful halfway through the season at best

In fact when checking rotoworld ww for week one: James Robinson was only drafted in 1% of yahoo leagues and Kelly was only drafted in 10% of yahoo leagues so I guess 99% and 90% of leagues respectively are casual lol

Gaskin was only rostered in 1% of yahoo leagues going into week two. For a lot of leagues (and people on this board) they may be in leagues with less adept competition and might miss out. 

We've seen this story where a rookie RB was gassed up heavy and ends up doing nada for the year. We've also seen the opposite where a rookie comes out and lives up to the billing. We can't say for sure that moss is the auto league winner and he isn't one of the top teir handcuffs on a high powered offense either. For those that had the Mack/cmc/saquon/mosterts they might be driven to make the drops and moss can be one of those guys if the situation calls for it

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

he isn't one of the top teir handcuffs on a high powered offense either

I'd say that's exactly what he is at this point, with a chance to grow in value without needing Singletary to go down first. Plus the Bills kind of are a high powered offense thus far. 

He could gain workload as the season progresses, or be handed a massive workload if Singletary pops up with an injury.  So really, I view him as a low end Kareem Hunt type more than just strictly a handcuff type.  He could work his way into flex territory over the course of the season just by proving himself worthy of more touches or more capable at the goalline.  Or Singletary could catch a case of fumble-itis again.

9 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I'd say that's exactly what he is at this point, with a chance to grow in value without needing Singletary to go down first. Plus the Bills kind of are a high powered offense thus far. 

He could gain workload as the season progresses, or be handed a massive workload if Singletary pops up with an injury.  So really, I view him as a low end Kareem Hunt type more than just strictly a handcuff type.  He could work his way into flex territory over the course of the season just by proving himself worthy of more touches or more capable at the goalline.  Or Singletary could catch a case of fumble-itis again.

I'm saying high power in comparison to the cowboys, ravens, cardinals type but point taken. All I'm saying it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to drop a hopeful cuff type for guys who have been shown to be in waivers in a lot of leagues who can give you something if you were RB needy from out the gate. Not saying dude is trash, not saying he can't be a starter down the line, but it shouldn't be looked down upon if you were forced to do it from RB need

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast

3 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

I'm saying high power in comparison to the cowboys, ravens, cardinals type but point taken. All I'm saying it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to drop a hopeful cuff type for guys who have been shown to be in waivers in a lot of leagues who can give you something if you were RB needy from out the gate 

No, it's perfectly reasonable if your team needs dictate dropping him.  But the others who said he'd be snatched right up are also correct.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Problem is, there will be people out there who are 0-2 and missing a couple of their top picks (CMC, MT, Saquon, Sutton, maybe Bell etc). He’s one of a few guys who we drafted for the second half (Dobbins, Akers, Gibson etc) but if you have a couple of those I can see why Moss could be a casualty.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have him in both my leagues - even the 14-teaser that has lost Sutton, Campbell and now Chark. He’s next on the list for the drop in that league though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Problem is, there will be people out there who are 0-2 and missing a couple of their top picks (CMC, MT, Saquon, Sutton, maybe Bell etc). He’s one of a few guys who we drafted for the second half (Dobbins, Akers, Gibson etc) but if you have a couple of those I can see why Moss could be a casualty.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have him in both my leagues - even the 14-teaser that has lost Sutton, Campbell and now Chark. He’s next on the list for the drop in that league though.

Yea, if you've been crushed by injuries you gotta do what you gotta do.  I have him on a team I might have to drop for that very reason. 

My real issue is with people talking about dropping him for someone who's "producing now".  I can't respect a league where a Robinson or Kelly is still available at this point.  Gaskin is borderline, and he's a lower ceiling higher floor option, so that would be a reasonable swap.

Bottom line is you shouldn't have drafted Moss if you want to cut bait now just based on production. It was always going to be a split backfield early on. But if you thought he could get to flex value, or eventually take over, there's no reason to bail on that thought this early.  We've had 2 games.

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yea, if you've been crushed by injuries you gotta do what you gotta do.  I have him on a team I might have to drop for that very reason. 

My real issue is with people talking about dropping him for someone who's "producing now".  I can't respect a league where a Robinson or Kelly is still available at this point.  Gaskin is borderline, and he's a lower ceiling higher floor option, so that would be a reasonable swap.

Bottom line is you shouldn't have drafted Moss if you want to cut bait now just based on production. It was always going to be a split backfield early on. But if you thought he could get to flex value, or eventually take over, there's no reason to bail on that thought this early.  We've had 2 games.

If those guys were still around then you're in a great league lol. I felt that he would take a long time to get to relevancy but those who took the gamble on the kellys and robinsons after week one are definitely winning right now. I think iit's the injury bug that's forced people to drop. Anyone without injuries with their top RBs intact can and should stash and see for sure

• Like 1