The G Man

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

On 10/28/2020 at 7:34 PM, BeastOfTheLeast said:

And you guys have spent all season convincing yourself he is going to be the biggest sleeper hit like he was hyped to be before the season despite week after week of evidence going against that. Every week it's ifs and maybes, hypotheticals, and mental gymnastics to create success that has yet to happen 8 weeks in. The only ones trying to convince themselves of something of those who still have him and want to be able to say "I told you he was a sleeper hit" at the end of the season. 

tenor.gif?itemid=17590240

On 10/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, BeastOfTheLeast said:

“Whether Allen is the team or not one thing we've seen is that the Bills aren't committing to the run and the preseason hype was too much to live up to for Moss. Singletary is still around and when they get behind they aren't going to run the ball. The volume isn't there and when they get close Allen will run it in himself.”

Yesterday may have been the exception, but obviously those of us heavily invested in Moss hope that it wasn’t just a fluke. I personally don’t see him that way, he’s built for volume & I believe the more run he gets, the better he’s going to become. But regarding preseason hype it was nothing compared to that of Taylor or Helaire. If memory serves there were a lot of post draft rookie RB ranking lists in here. If Moss wasn’t at the bottom of most of those lists, he wasn’t on them at all. :) I mean, where was he coming off on your boards? Seemingly, that he’s missed time due to injury isn’t a consideration for you. 

I disagree with your other point as well. Or, I’ll say this instead, they better be effective running the football. The weather is going to turn, for them to hope that in late December into January conditions will just as likely be sunny skies, no precip, no biting wind.... I don’t know what that is. If Buffalo has lofty aspirations of going to the SB, that means playing at home & up here it means being good at running the football & defending the run. Gotta have it! 

• Like 2

I’d be much more excited if Singletary wasn’t just as good yesterday. 

I might need to start him next week but I’m afraid they will abandon the run real quick to try to compete with Seattle. 

• Like 2

It was great to get some points from him in my starting roster...however, I think he is still in the strong hold category versus an every week RB2 or Flex.

35 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

I might need to start him next week but I’m afraid they will abandon the run real quick to try to compete with Seattle. 

Agree, carry totals and yardages were similar but I heard on radio this morning that Moss had 6 redzone carries vs. Singletary's 1 carry.  That redzone differential is pretty telling who they want near the goal line and makes Moss the more valuable RB going forward if the usage stays the same.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LouDawg said:

Agree, carry totals and yardages were similar but I heard on radio this morning that Moss had 6 redzone carries vs. Singletary's 1 carry.  That redzone differential is pretty telling who they want near the goal line and makes Moss the more valuable RB going forward if the usage stays the same.  

I believe since Day 1 that was the expectation. Moss would be the featured GL back.

But Allen is a touchdown vulture machine. 

Let's hope Zack gets more and more work further along the season.

Edited by RunCMC

4 hours ago, SundayGravy said:

Agreed, but I really think Moss is going to be the one who benefits if they get into a shootout.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, nonstopfan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17590240

He had a good game for sure. Still same amount of rushing work as Singletary against a bad Patriots defense (and offense). Let's see if they continue with this or go back to their old ways against the seahawks

3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

spacer.png

A rolling stone gathers no moss...

Not sure what that means for his outlook.

Oracular divination it up, yall!

• Haha 2

Could be a nice play this week with the high implied totals...

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

spacer.png

Yep sure was lol. Despite last week there's some flex appeal here. Just depends on which version of Allen shows up

Hoping they look to him often as the weather turns in Buffalo. 5 of their final 6 games will be played in cold weather: 3 in Buffalo, 1 in New England, and 1 in Denver

• Like 1

If this is the floor, I’m out. He’s rarely used in the passing game. Josh Allen rarely checks it down, which they should incorporate more into their playbook. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Bills cannot run the ball... 

Nor do they want to. It's clear now they rather have Josh Allen slinging it all over the field.

TD or Bust. No passing work + minimal GL touches 

I thought it was happening a few weeks ago. But apparently not 

On 11/26/2020 at 5:41 AM, The G Man said:

So, do we think they'll be featuring Moss more coming out of their bye? 

It's a leap, but logic seems to favor it? Getting healthy and they eventually need to semi establish something with the run...

Match-up is very green light too, Chargers are 31st in ADJ FPA to opposing RBs at +7.9 per...He is a good play for RB2 gamblers