The G Man

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

On 5/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, bhawks489 said:

lmao who gave him the crying jordan?

Brandon Beane

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 10:02 AM, Br0kenB said:

I'd cry too if my Pro Comparison was Montee Ball.

PP knows nothing. They said Cooper Kupp was a joke and called Michael Thomas the “bad Michael Thomas” coming out of Ohio State. Never separate predictions from recent track record.

Ball is nothing like Moss. Even when he was sober he had zero receiving chops coming into the league.

27 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

PP knows nothing. They said Cooper Kupp was a joke and called Michael Thomas the “bad Michael Thomas” coming out of Ohio State. Never separate predictions from recent track record.

Ball is nothing like Moss. Even when he was sober he had zero receiving chops coming into the league.

PlayerProfiler’s take on Moss can be found here:

“In sum, he has NFL pedigree and demonstrated bellcow back potential at a Power 5 conference school. If he clears his medical checks in Indianapolis, he may be a late riser up NFL draft boards. Grab him early in the second round of dynasty rookie drafts, before the arrival of the hype that will inevitably turn him into a consensus first rounder.“

https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/zack-moss-advanced-stats-metrics-analytics-profile/

• Like 1

• Bills RB Zack Moss has flashed in training camp as a physical runner who could add a missing element to the team's running game. 

The Athletic reported on Moss looking as good as advertised, "lowering his shoulder and knocking back defenders" in practice. "If he can carry that into the season alongside Devin Singletary, the Bills have a young and dangerous one-two punch," beat writers Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn wrote. The presence of Moss, who's being drafted in the ninth round of 12-team leagues, could make it exceedingly difficult for Singletary to seize the every-down role in Buffalo. 

RELATED: 
    Aug 19, 2020, 11:24 AM ET

•  

Some vulture potential-  but as expected he’s nothing but a pinballing banger.   A slight upgrade over 2019 Gore.

Singletary is too well balanced and shifty to take off the field for long stretches.   

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Some vulture potential-  but as expected he’s nothing but a pinballing banger.   A slight upgrade over 2019 Gore.

Singletary is too well balanced and shifty to take off the field for long stretches.   

This is true.

Training camp hype will try to dissuade you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremyt7 said:

Has a neck injury apparently.

Seems minor but certainly NOT ideal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Looking like a lead back to be had in mid to later rounds

Rotoworld blurb:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/9741241

Of course there’s a paywall on the Atlantic article, not that it’s worth reading.  If Devin Singletary continues to fumble the ball blah blah blah.  Yeah, we know.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Of course there’s a paywall on the Atlantic article, not that it’s worth reading.  If Devin Singletary   "insert any rb" continues to fumble the ball blah blah blah.  Yeah, we know.

• Haha 1

Apparently if Singletary fumbles, then he is benched for the year. That’s what they did with TJ Yeldon. EXCEPT Singletary is actually very good and they aren’t going to bench him, don’t over draft Moss because of the hype!

My biggest draft regret right now is drafting Gibson over this man. Liked him a lot more than Singletary as a prospect when both were drafted. 

I see 2 scenarios: 1) Committee where Moss gets more passing and goal line work. 2) Singletary loses the job outright with fumble issues.

Take this man in the 7th and don't look back.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Apparently if Singletary fumbles, then he is benched for the year. That’s what they did with TJ Yeldon. EXCEPT Singletary is actually very good and they aren’t going to bench him, don’t over draft Moss because of the hype!

Singletary won't be benched for the year but it would probably be about a 70-30 split in favor of Moss as long as Moss shows well with his carries.  If both guys stay healthy and don't fumble, I have a feeling that it will be a 50/50 committee by midseason at the latest.  The main knock on Moss is his speed but he can do everything else pretty well.

Edited by sjm76

The same writer over and over bashing Singletary. His recent post is nothing but speculation lol Trade for Singletary for the low right now.

4 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

The same writer over and over bashing Singletary. His recent post is nothing but speculation lol Trade for Singletary for the low right now.

Well if Singletary keeps fumbling then the writer is just stating the facts.  It isn't like Singletary is being bashed for not doing anything wrong.

His blurb is literally regurgitating the same things he's wrote about the past 3 Singletary updates, he keeps talking about 2 fumbles that happened weeks ago. If you're going to write about him at least give us up to date info not talk about the same fumbles from 3 weeks ago is all I'm saying. He's creating this narrative which sounds like Singletary has been fumbling every practice. 

I am also finding this strange.   I'm getting the sense right now that the lack of preseason games and less media time in practices is leading to more speculation in articles, and the locals here really are drilling this Singletary fumble thing.  RW just seems to be echoing that.    

I mean, Moss is going to do things, but that was always true.   There isn't some chasm that just opened here.   He's good value perhaps, and its wise to proceed with caution on Singletary, but maybe things are getting a bit out of control

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I am also finding this strange.   I'm getting the sense right now that the lack of preseason games and less media time in practices is leading to more speculation in articles, and the locals here really are drilling this Singletary fumble thing.  RW just seems to be echoing that.    

I mean, Moss is going to do things, but that was always true.   There isn't some chasm that just opened here.   He's good value perhaps, and its wise to proceed with caution on Singletary, but maybe things are getting a bit out of control

this is a good point, just in general for this preseason. with no preseason games there's not really much actual NFL information. We're all just kind of flying in the dark reading articles by people who's access is even more limited than usual it seems. 

I don’t know about a teensie-tiny adding depth to the pattern. Then, as already noted, it’s an uncontested rainbow he doesn’t even have to elevate for. But pretty polished, disproportionately low, runs low, three down ‘back. Really like this player. 

Edited by markrc99