The G Man

Zack Moss 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Not gonna lie...such a brutal consistent theme from the beat writer. I'm honestly buying Singletary everywhere. We're all so starved for news that I don't want to overreact to those opinions.

I'm out on Moss...not gonna materialize into anything valuable with Singletary healthy. Unless injury and massive fumbling issues. Singletary was really good last year...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Do teams commonly draft another RB after that?


In today’s NFL absolutely. It’s actually pretty good practice to have 2 young talented RBs believe it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Do teams commonly draft another RB after that?

Well, hard to call that a negative on Singletary... They only really have Gore as a 2nd, and he's 73 years young, so I think they made a good decision bringing in a second legit back... Not necessarily a knock on Singletary (we already know he's likely not ever going to be a GL back)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Well, hard to call that a negative on Singletary... They only really have Gore as a 2nd, and he's 73 years young, so I think they made a good decision bringing in a second legit back... Not necessarily a knock on Singletary (we already know he's likely not ever going to be a GL back)...

 

I think they've already profited off of Singletary (that production for only a 3rd round price.) You need some type of legit backup if you're going to contend, and they don't wanna spend millions on the RB position when their roster is loaded with salary. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Well, hard to call that a negative on Singletary... They only really have Gore as a 2nd, and he's 73 years young, so I think they made a good decision bringing in a second legit back... Not necessarily a knock on Singletary (we already know he's likely not ever going to be a GL back)...


Plus he’s on the Jets. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treyjuice said:


Plus he’s on the Jets. 

Yes, should have said *had* but point remains... no real RB other than Singletary... depth/balance is key if you want to contend... this was a necessary pick, not a slight on Singletary... that's the point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Allen had 9 rushing tds last year. That’s not happening again, especially since they just added a 220 pound bruiser. Gore had a lot of opportunities to poach away several of those tds Allen ended up getting he just couldn’t get the job done at his ancient age. 

Maybe, maybe not. But you can trust they’ll still use him a lot near the GL on designed runs. It’s just smart play calling. He’s a very dangerous weapon there because of his athleticism and just makes it that much harder for the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Maybe, maybe not. But you can trust they’ll still use him a lot near the GL on designed runs. It’s just smart play calling. He’s a very dangerous weapon there because of his athleticism and just makes it that much harder for the defense.

Last year at Utah, he had 11 TDs on 40 red zone carries.  About the same RZ TD rate as Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins. 

Yes it's smart play calling to run some read options and designed QB runs when you have Allen.  But that was excessive, a product of not having a good hammer at RB.  That changes now.  Allen will still get his, but Moss will own the money zone.  And Singletary will hardly see the red zone all year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am huge Bills fan and I don't buy into this Singletary losing his job BS at all. The kid was excellent last year and now he fumbles a few times in camp and he is getting benched? He is a year into his career I don't buy it at all.

That being said I think Moss still has some value this year if gets the Gore role in the offense because he can actually provide value in that role.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

I am huge Bills fan and I don't buy into this Singletary losing his job BS at all. The kid was excellent last year and now he fumbles a few times in camp and he is getting benched? He is a year into his career I don't buy it at all.

That being said I think Moss still has some value this year if gets the Gore role in the offense because he can actually provide value in that role.

Thanks for providing the thread with a closer perspective. I think the general appeal is him checking the boxes of a RB you want to target who isn’t the lead back on his team and accordingly isn’t priced as such. He seems like a superior prospect to Singletary however DS has a year of EXP under his belt. The appeal also isn’t there if Buffalo isn’t as good of a team as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

I am huge Bills fan and I don't buy into this Singletary losing his job BS at all. The kid was excellent last year and now he fumbles a few times in camp and he is getting benched? He is a year into his career I don't buy it at all.

That being said I think Moss still has some value this year if gets the Gore role in the offense because he can actually provide value in that role.


Very reassuring to hear.  Not to crap on Moss’s chances of taking the #1 gig in his own thread.  A lot of us drafted Singletary and watched Moss get taken shortly thereafter by people with bad intentions.  Taking my handcuff before I even had a chance to blink.  You’ll find that it’s the source of the bitterness in many instances.  So now we actively root against Moss, but we wish him no harm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Thanks for providing the thread with a closer perspective. I think the general appeal is him checking the boxes of a RB you want to target who isn’t the lead back on his team and accordingly isn’t priced as such. He seems like a superior prospect to Singletary however DS has a year of EXP under his belt. The appeal also isn’t there if Buffalo isn’t as good of a team as they are.

Are you insinuating that Buffalo is a really good team from a fantasy perspective? They were 24th in total TDs and total yards/game last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is bumming me out.  I’m starting to think between Moss, Singletary, and Jacobs there’s just going to be too many guys running the football to make either RB a strong fantasy starter.  
 

Any way to get the Zach Moss hype train back on the tracks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Are you insinuating that Buffalo is a really good team from a fantasy perspective? They were 24th in total TDs and total yards/game last year. 

I’m referring specifically to their very good defense ——> Many Neutral or Positive Game Scripts ——> higher amount of rushing attempts than the average NFL backfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

I’m referring specifically to their very good defense ——> Many Neutral or Positive Game Scripts ——> higher amount of rushing attempts than the average NFL backfield 

They have a good defense, but it obviously didn't translate into great fantasy output last year(see my previous post). They added Diggs but not sure anything will drastically change this year. They'll win a good amount of games by playing good defense and scoring "just enough"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zack Moss does not have to see snaps in an offense as good as Kansas City’s in order to be worthy of his ADP. What you’re arguing is that the Bills have one of the slower and less productive offenses. Anyone on this forum already knows that Josh Allen isn’t leading this offense to 35+ passing TDs or 4,000+ yards. While we’d all love to have guys in top 5 offenses, there’s value throughout the rest of the league and our task as FF players is finding that. Argue for or against Moss here, not peripheral numbers that wouldn’t stop him from providing value at/ around HIS ADP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Zack Moss does not have to see snaps in an offense as good as Kansas City’s in order to be worthy of his ADP. What you’re arguing is that the Bills have one of the slower and less productive offenses. Anyone on this forum already knows that Josh Allen isn’t leading this offense to 35+ passing TDs or 4,000+ yards. While we’d all love to have guys in top 5 offenses, there’s value throughout the rest of the league and our task as FF players is finding that. Argue for or against Moss here, not peripheral numbers that wouldn’t stop him from providing value at/ around HIS ADP.

Who's arguing? I posted some 'peripheral numbers' to illustrate your comment they were good was actually not true. Good in real life, sure. Good in fantasy, not really. Can Moss return value? Maybe, depending on where you get him. Based on the fact he's losing GL chances to Allen and will definitely be splitting carries with Singletary, and their anemic offense, he definitely needs to be acquired at the right price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's speculation that he is splitting carries and pretty sure they don't want Allen taking headers... so moss has the gore role the goal line role the hurry up role and the passing down role on lock so that leaves what that isn't his yet??? A couple of carries between the 20s?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 12:07 AM, Magoo said:

The blurbs this season are extremely click-baity even by RW standards Gotta read the article.

 

It basically says if a player fumbles then he may lose snaps. Hard-hitting analysis there.

 No Doubt Magoo. The Bills are gonna run a lot regardless of singletays status as the lead back. Moss has by all accounts been outstanding in camp(leadback rumblings). He's gonna get the goalline work,. Plus instant RB1 if sigletary misses any time.. you can't deny any of that whats with the cold water? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

felt like i reached for him due to lot of guys in my league being confused when i made the pick. hopefully they'll soon know his name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moss is basically a high end handcuff where if the starter (Singletary) gets injured he becomes a very good starter at the position.

He should be drafted as such. Expecting him to be fantasy relevant with a healthy Singletary is silly...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Moss is basically a high end handcuff where if the starter (Singletary) gets injured he becomes a very good starter at the position.

He should be drafted as such. Expecting him to be fantasy relevant with a healthy Singletary is silly...

Calling him a high end handcuff is calling him Tony Pollard. Tony Pollard or Alexander Mattison is not going to sub in on first and goal for Zeke or Cook respectively. If you don’t like what Moss offers I’d love to hear who a good RB target is once you get past James White territory. Moss will offer more week to week with the starter healthy than T. Coleman, J.K. Dobbins or Phillip Lindsay because he’s the goal line back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Calling him a high end handcuff is calling him Tony Pollard. Tony Pollard or Alexander Mattison is not going to sub in on first and goal for Zeke or Cook respectively. If you don’t like what Moss offers I’d love to hear who a good RB target is once you get past James White territory. Moss will offer more week to week with the starter healthy than T. Coleman, J.K. Dobbins or Phillip Lindsay because he’s the goal line back. 


devonte freeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Moss is basically a high end handcuff where if the starter (Singletary) gets injured he becomes a very good starter at the position.

He should be drafted as such. Expecting him to be fantasy relevant with a healthy Singletary is silly...

What's so "silly" about that?  Moss will likely be relevant even if Singletary stays healthy especially if Singletary continues to fumble.  It will likely be something along the lines of a 60/40 split.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.