The G Man

Brandon Aiyuk 2020 Outlook

the train is teetering on the edge. However with mostert out that might help his chances a bit

He hasn't been getting steady volume since Mosert and Deebo came back. Now that Mosert is out again, maybe Aiyuk can get some more fluky run plays

Niners did not need him against LA and Aiyuk still came away with a TD on limited touches. If 10 was a golden goose lotto ticket stash -- he's a solid 7. Basically has looked good every time touching the ball in his short NFL career. Been playing with a mix of backups and gimpy Jimmy G so it's not fair to say we've seen his true fantasy profile on display. If my league had a larger bench it wouldn't be a question of keeping him. As things stand I have a tough decision to make -- can't fault anyone who's holding for dropping if they need to.

[...] I'm all in Aiyuk. No Mostert. No Wilson. No Deebo again. Jimmy is clicking and the offense is moving the ball.

Fire him up!! Right?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

53 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

[...] I'm all in Aiyuk. No Mostert. No Wilson. No Deebo again. Jimmy is clicking and the offense is moving the ball.

Fire him up!! Right?

I agree. He will eat vs. Seahawks. Seattle can score but can't stop anyone from scoring They are solid against the run but their DB's are trash. Perfect storm. I'm firing up every 49rs pass catcher I have. Jimmy G (bye week fill in), Kittle, Aiyuk.....

• Like 1

So for dynasty and keeper purposes, is the guy to own Deebo or Aiyuk? Aiyuk is looking good and has quite the opportunity ahead of him here.  SF spent a lot trading up for this guy.

When both are healthy can Aiyuk be a WR1? This years WR draft class was stacked and I'm looking at hopefully acquiring Aiyuk in the leagues I don't yet own him.

6 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

So for dynasty and keeper purposes, is the guy to own Deebo or Aiyuk? Aiyuk is looking good and has quite the opportunity ahead of him here.  SF spent a lot trading up for this guy.

When both are healthy can Aiyuk be a WR1? This years WR draft class was stacked and I'm looking at hopefully acquiring Aiyuk in the leagues I don't yet own him.

I'd temper expectations on WR1.  Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle should be the pass catchers moving forward for a long time, but Shanahan wants to be a run first team.  Pound the rock.  In the blowout of New England, Jimmy G had, you guessed it 0 TD passes.

29 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Gonna be a bit hard to decipher for a little while. Only way I can see consistent value for all is if their running game is reduced and the WR end arounds are increased...always a possibility with the way the NFL is going.

48 minutes ago, mjb said:

I'd temper expectations on WR1.  Aiyuk, Deebo, and Kittle should be the pass catchers moving forward for a long time, but Shanahan wants to be a run first team.  Pound the rock.  In the blowout of New England, Jimmy G had, you guessed it 0 TD passes.

Like the person above (PTW) says the WR end arounds have been a great thing for Aiyuk and I expect them to continue. So in that regard he does get involved in the running game. I know there is always coach speak - but Coach has been extremely impressed with his work ethic and being farther ahead than most rookies coming in. He's very prepared and it shows with how well he's stepped in without having a training camp and he got dinged up early.

This may be the cheapest he ever will be... I'm trying to figure this out and if he can be a true long term keeper.

Sign me up for some Aiyuk this weekend. Coming off of his first 100 yard game. Greatest matchup the world has ever seen. Deebo out. Nearly guaranteed to be a shootout. Starting him over some very solid options. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All aboard whatever this is. Hoping he is involved heavily in the redzone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Am I the only one who is excited about what Aiyuk could be

Nope I am too. The run game is banged all up and now no Debo. All the have are this kid to run and catch! And of course Kittle but my point is he should get lots of work. Hoping he pays off for all of us.

• Like 2

I don't know a ton about how the Seattle defense operates, outside of they are horrible against the pass.  Is Adams going to be focusing on Kittle?  If so, this guy has major potential this week.

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I don't know a ton about how the Seattle defense operates, outside of they are horrible against the pass.  Is Adams going to be focusing on Kittle?  If so, this guy has major potential this week.

Adams still hasn’t practiced if I’m not mistaken. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Adams still hasn’t practiced if I’m not mistaken. 

Ohhhhhhhh, baby. Let's get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Ohhhhhhhh, baby. Let's get it.

Experts have Aiyuk ranked as a low-end WR3. LMFAO. Insanity. He's going to have a good game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Experts have Aiyuk ranked as a low-end WR3. LMFAO. Insanity. He's going to have a good game. 

He is the de-facto #1 WR on his team this week, right?  Against the league's worst pass defense?  Missing their best defender?  These guys are asleep at the wheel.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

He is the de-facto #1 WR on his team this week, right?  Against the league's worst pass defense?  Missing their best defender?  These guys are asleep at the wheel.

It’s scary how literally everything screams monster game. 

Sorry if I mush this for everyone 

12 minutes ago, Magoo said:

It’s scary how literally everything screams monster game. 

Sorry if I mush this for everyone 

Scary because when stars align this straight and narrow, that's when everything implodes and he pulls a hamstring with a 0-0-0 line.

Sorry in advance guys lol

• Like 1

Deebo is out too, along with the RB's severely banged up.

I'm hoping for a few rush attempts on top of the receptions. Giddy up !