The G Man

CeeDee Lamb 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Feel like this guy is just gonna have a better ROS than Gallup. Just seems more consistent. 

Gallup is a freak out there on the outside and it's opening things up for Lamb. CeeDee is just gonna always be open lining up in the slot. He's too good and yet you can't give him extra attention with Cooper/Gallup. Gallup will have his blowup games but CeeDee is going to be far more consistent working over the middle of the field and shorter area targets where he can catch and run. Gallup will probably settle in as a good flex if you need that boom/bust ala Robby Anderson of years past or DeSean Jackson some years. Lower floor, huge ceiling when it works.

• Like 2

The TDs should come if they keep throwing him those little screens inside the 20 yard line. It's good to see he's at least involved in red zone packages. The midfield work is beauty in PPR already. Nice to get an every-week starter out of a later round draft pick.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 2

CeeDee Lamb stats/rank when lined up in the slot:

🔹

74 snaps (2nd)

🔹

10 catches (5th)

🔹

132 yards (3rd) Seattle has given up an NFL-high 412 yards to slot receivers this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Lamb will be a top 5 WR this week, maybe even top 3.

Should be fun to watch against that Seattle excuse for a defense.

7 hours ago, NInsko said:

CeeDee Lamb stats/rank when lined up in the slot:

🔹

74 snaps (2nd)

🔹

10 catches (5th)

🔹

132 yards (3rd) Seattle has given up an NFL-high 412 yards to slot receivers this year.

Where can stats like these be found? 

32 minutes ago, Semitar said:

Where can stats like these be found? 

This was from twitter as a part of a article i read. I google players and read articles transfer info to these forums i feel might help. No one spot..i dont have twitter but imagine you could find a bunch of stats like this there weekly. Ill try and f8nd the account for you for an example.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF

Here ya go.. this is the link from the article. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1

I dunno how anyone could have looked at this dude at the start of the fantasy draft and not wanted to reach 3 or 4 rounds on him. He's the most obvious extreme reach target I've ever seen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I dunno how anyone could have looked at this dude at the start of the fantasy draft and not wanted to reach 3 or 4 rounds on him. He's the most obvious extreme reach target I've ever seen.

Snagged him on the 9-10 turn with Diontae. After this week thinking of switching Lamb for Hollywood and as DHC says watch the points pile up! 

Edited by NInsko

On 9/25/2020 at 7:50 PM, mrfrood said:

Hopefully we Cee a TD from CeeDee this week.

Careful if you read out loud.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Was angry that scrub got all the targets over him, WTF gives there?

very frustrating to watch, his snap count was so low.  They run these gadget plays to get him into space 1-3 times a game but honestly every one has been a total disaster and you can visibly see in his body language the frustration, either at himself or his blockers I couldn’t really tell.  

in general yesterday he looked frustrated that he kept getting benched and lost snaps to cedrick and brown.  He wants to be the alpha dog.

He’s adapting to the fact that he can’t just out juke and outrun everyone like he did in college.  His hands look really good tho and I feel like eventually he’s going to have some success, just with these rookie games mixed in.

Wilson must be Dak’s low key lover. Looked his way EVERY time as he ran Lamb’s exact same routes. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Wilson must be Dak’s low key lover. Looked his way EVERY time as he ran Lamb’s exact same routes. 

Yep. Wilson’s stat line is what I was expecting Lamb to output. Super disappointing.

23rd in receptions

14th in yards

Double digit PPR points in every week so far.   Seems like it was good value for where he was drafted.

It is annoying to see him fall to the ground without contact.  Is that what the coaching staff is trying to correct?  Sometimes he looks natural after the catch and others he clutches the ball and drops like dead weight -like he's afraid to get hit.

48% if the snaps.  Something like that.  Was looking to trade for him but that’s concerning.  According to local radio, Wilson is a real thing.   

11 hours ago, JAG said:

It is annoying to see him fall to the ground without contact.  Is that what the coaching staff is trying to correct?  Sometimes he looks natural after the catch and others he clutches the ball and drops like dead weight -like he's afraid to get hit.

he’s probably the most lethal WR with the ball in his hands talent wise coming out of the draft of recent memory but i agree he hasn’t shown it so far. I haven’t noticed the falling to the ground type stuff but he is running routes across the middle maybe he’s not used to that slot role so he’s protecting himself after the catch? 

what I did see is him showing poor body language and looking frustrated that he can’t find room to run after the catch on the designed plays and bubble screen type stuff. 

On 9/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, cheezor42 said:

He’s adapting to the fact that he can’t just out juke and outrun everyone like he did in college.  His hands look really good tho and I feel like eventually he’s going to have some success, just with these rookie games mixed in.

I know it happens every year but the expectation for rookies to step right in and produce feels more out of control than usual. It’s extremely difficult and intimidating to step on the field opposite pro level defenders every week. This was a damn talented class and I’d bet most will be fine but we’ve seen guys with more talent than Lamb (which is saying a lot because he’s got a ton) fail at this level. But it does take time to adjust. And no real off-season is huge for these guys. Patience is key this year for the rooks. 

There was apparently some contact injury that dinged up his leg later in the game, which is when Cedrick Wilson popped up etc. They aren't reporting anything on the Cowboys practice reports, though, so I guess it didn't linger.