The G Man

Ke'Shawn Vaughn 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Hard to still want a piece on draft day at this point.   This could stunt his career beyond repair.  I feel like he had one season to shoot his shot, and James White probably gets signed to join Brady next spring and bam, window closed

LOL, relax.

19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Just a few more weeks of “no TB back is fantasy relevant,” please!

It's not that no RB on the Bucs can be relevant due to the Bucs system but that talent wise I can't make a case that a high volume rushing attack is a more efficient play for the Bucs offense--looking at the abilities of their OL in run/pass blocking and talent at different skill positions

10 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

It's not that no RB on the Bucs can be relevant due to the Bucs system but that talent wise I can't make a case that a high volume rushing attack is a more efficient play for the Bucs offense--looking at the abilities of their OL in run/pass blocking and talent at different skill positions

I agree with you - I just don’t think that renders their starting RB irrelevant for fantasy purposes.

It was always going to be a RBBC. Vaughn and RoJo still good buys at their ADP. Vaughn won't provide much value for the first 6-8 games but could catch fire late in the season. Has much more upside than most players that will be going around him.

Arians said this kids time is coming. Maybe it simply means hell finally see the field. Maybe it means he's gona get some work. Is there upside here? 

4 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Arians said this kids time is coming. Maybe it simply means hell finally see the field. Maybe it means he's gona get some work. Is there upside here? 

He might 10% of snaps. 60% Rojo 30% mccoy 10% vaughn. i wouldnt expect much more than that at all

• Thanks 1

That backfield that was once considered crowded now has been best with injuries. Got him waivers overnight and will see how he is used come Thursday. He could carve out a role with a good performance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

That backfield that was once considered crowded now has been best with injuries. Got him waivers overnight and will see how he is used come Thursday. He could carve out a role with a good performance. 

Bucs are starving for a reliable pass catching RB. McCoy ain't been it and he's out with ankle injury. Vaughn's now the third down back for a TB offense that ranks 6th in pass attempts with a QB borderline obsessed with throwing to backs. If he does well he should be able to hold off Shady ROS. That's enough to make this dude an interesting flex/RB3. If RoJo gets hurt Vaughn could push for lead back duties. Gotta love a potential three-down handcuff with standalone value.

• Like 1

kid's a very interesting spec for those who missed out on the gaudier cats this week ... injuries to pass catchers, injuries in the backfield ... this is the kinda under the radar stash that can be useful in the ppr realm. 

larger leegs mandate a look at this, no doubt. 

• Like 1

Player A final two years in college: 2272 rush yards, 41 receptions, 440 receiving yards, 24 TD's from scrimmage.

Player B final two years in college: 2250 rush yards, 48 receptions, 442 receiving yards, 28 TD's from scrimmage.

A is Vaughn. B is James White.

• Like 3

Reasonable upside for either a free or cheap pickup. If he doesn’t do anything Thursday night you can drop him and grab someone else before Sunday.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Player A final two years in college: 2272 rush yards, 41 receptions, 440 receiving yards, 24 TD's from scrimmage.

Player B final two years in college: 2250 rush yards, 48 receptions, 442 receiving yards, 28 TD's from scrimmage.

A is Vaughn. B is James White.

The similarities are hard to miss on the field too.    It’s a useful flex role for fantasy-  if somewhat difficult to trust 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Color me skeptical this guy is ready to carve out a 3rd down role on this team, even though I'm invested in him and would love it to be so.  How good is Vaughn?  Let's look at it.

Vaughn was the 8th RB selected in this draft, in the upper half of the 3rd round.  Backs taken ahead of him were CEH, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, the laughable reach Dillon, and Gibson (thought of as a hybrid player at draft time).  Behind Vaughn were Bowden (hybrid), Moss, Evans, Kelley, The Lamical Gangster, McFarland, and Dallas, among others.  PFF had graded him as the #7 RB with "plus speed and burst," while other gurus had him in the RB8 to RB10 range.  The pick was not really a reach.  

The 3rd round draft capital indicated a desire to use this guy right away.  It was an open secret that Arians didn't trust Jones, at least not in pass protection, which is paramount in the high-octane Arians offense and with Brady at the helm.  Speculation on Vaughn getting the "James White" role right away got so out of control that this guy moved up to the mid-first round in many dynasty drafts and prior to the Fournette signing he was going around pick #110 in redraft - higher than a desperation flier.  

Ultimately, Vaughn had no real chance to get a role right away because of COVID.  Vaughn ended up on "the list" and missed time, and as a rookie he had no real chance to hit the ground running.  Frankly I'm surprised he's even gotten a shot here.  We still have no idea how good the guy is, but if he gets a chance to flash, he's competing with: (1) Jones, a guy this regime seems to want to put in mothballs if it can, for better or for worse; (2) McCoy, who was involved in the comical "healthy scratch to keep him healthy for the playoffs" last season in KC, indicating that he's washed, he's also hurt; and (3) Fournette, who is currently injured and has history of going AWOL from time to time.  

Summary: Likelihood of his hitting it big is dubious at best but there's a lot of upside here.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Color me skeptical this guy is ready to carve out a 3rd down role on this team, even though I'm invested in him and would love it to be so.  How good is Vaughn?  Let's look at it.

Vaughn was the 8th RB selected in this draft, in the upper half of the 3rd round.  Backs taken ahead of him were CEH, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, the laughable reach Dillon, and Gibson (thought of as a hybrid player at draft time).  Behind Vaughn were Bowden (hybrid), Moss, Evans, Kelley, The Lamical Gangster, McFarland, and Dallas, among others.  PFF had graded him as the #7 RB with "plus speed and burst," while other gurus had him in the RB8 to RB10 range.  The pick was not really a reach.  

The 3rd round draft capital indicated a desire to use this guy right away.  It was an open secret that Arians didn't trust Jones, at least not in pass protection, which is paramount in the high-octane Arians offense and with Brady at the helm.  Speculation on Vaughn getting the "James White" role right away got so out of control that this guy moved up to the mid-first round in many dynasty drafts and prior to the Fournette signing he was going around pick #110 in redraft - higher than a desperation flier.  

Ultimately, Vaughn had no real chance to get a role right away because of COVID.  Vaughn ended up on "the list" and missed time, and as a rookie he had no real chance to hit the ground running.  Frankly I'm surprised he's even gotten a shot here.  We still have no idea how good the guy is, but if he gets a chance to flash, he's competing with: (1) Jones, a guy this regime seems to want to put in mothballs if it can, for better or for worse; (2) McCoy, who was involved in the comical "healthy scratch to keep him healthy for the playoffs" last season in KC, indicating that he's washed, he's also hurt; and (3) Fournette, who is currently injured and has history of going AWOL from time to time.  

Summary: Likelihood of his hitting it big is dubious at best but there's a lot of upside here.

So you're saying, league winner...next Kamara.

I like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Color me skeptical this guy is ready to carve out a 3rd down role on this team

Why? McCoy is washed and injured. Fournette isn't about to step up as the 3rd down back either. Vaughn was drafted with this purpose in mind and was done so after the Bucs acquired Tom Brady. 

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

So You're Telling Me There's A Chance T-Shirt | SnorgTees

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, deezel629 said:

Better lottery ticket, Vaughn or McFarland?

Vaughn. Better draft capital, better offense, fewer obstacles to playing time. Coaching staff has (arguably irrational) hatred for Jones and the vets are frequently hurt and hurt now and have no time in the system either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I happen to remember a 3rd round rookie RB that Arians had in AZ.. they consider that dude a pass catching RB as well and had him tucked behind some old dudes like Chris Johnson and stuff too. He came out later that season and did okay. 

And by okay.. he was the good version of David Johnson.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. 

Picked this dude up for free today. MIGHT plug and play him in tomorrow. Is there anyone else on TB offense playing? Seems like everyone is hurt lol