Rotoworld.com Forums

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I am pretty concerned too. Herbert has only faced 1 tough defense so far and that was Tampa's. Kid was totally destroyed by them... 190 passing yards, 0 td 2 int... Wait. What's that? T

James Robinson says hold my beer

[...]

I'm excited for Herbert though, dude has been balling. Hope he turns it around for the Chargers in the second half of this season.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
41 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Starting over Brees on Monday night! Might be starting him ros depending on how the next couple games go. 

Ha...I have the same decision. Sticking with Brees who is at home where he usually lights it up and should have M. Thomas back. Feel like floor is high here with upside.

I'd watch to see if NO is getting their CBs back from injury.

Love having Hebert on the bench now. Brees has a bye next week and I may ditch him to open up a roster space. Meanwhile, Herbert has the following schedule lined up:

NYJ, @MIA, JAX, LV

19 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Ha...I have the same decision. Sticking with Brees who is at home where he usually lights it up and should have M. Thomas back. Feel like floor is high here with upside.

I'd watch to see if NO is getting their CBs back from injury.

Love having Hebert on the bench now. Brees has a bye next week and I may ditch him to open up a roster space. Meanwhile, Herbert has the following schedule lined up:

NYJ, @MIA, JAX, LV

Yeah I saw the Saints secondary is banged up. Brees hasn't looked great so far, M Thomas coming back will definitely help open things up. I've been really impressed with Herbert so far though and think he has more upside. 

My only trouble with Herbert is I don't know if the Chargers have any reliable receiving threats in the endzone. Feel like this is a team that is going to run in a lot of TDs and kick a bunch of field goals. Lack of guaranteed TDs relative to other QBs hurts Herbert's ceiling IMO.

Edited by harck
4 minutes ago, harck said:

My only trouble with Herbert is I don't know if the Chargers have any reliable receiving threats in the endzone. Feel like this is a team that is going to run in a lot of TDs and kick a bunch of field goals. Lack of guaranteed TDs relative to other QBs hurts Herbert's ceiling IMO.

Receiving threats in end zone. Hunter Henry, Mike Williams, Allen and Edmonds. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Receiving threats in end zone. Hunter Henry, Mike Williams, Allen and Edmonds. 

Hunter Henry has 0 TDs on the season (and has been targeted only twice in the redzone across 4 games -- absurdly low count for a TE). Mike Williams is always hurt and probably inactive again this week. Allen is an OK redzone threat, but on the lower end for receivers, 4-6 per year, and on top he gets shadowed a lot which makes RZ gaps thin for him. Edmonds who?

I love Herbert, but I see the RBs getting most of the TDs for this squad.

Edited by harck
28 minutes ago, harck said:

Hunter Henry has 0 TDs on the season (and has been targeted only twice in the redzone across 4 games -- absurdly low count for a TE). Mike Williams is always hurt and probably inactive again this week. Allen is an OK redzone threat, but on the lower end for receivers, 4-6 per year, and on top he gets shadowed a lot which makes RZ gaps thin for him. Edmonds who?

I love Herbert, but I see the RBs getting most of the TDs for this squad.

Your take makes zero sense. Herbert threw 3 tds last week and their rbs did nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Your take makes zero sense. Herbert threw 3 tds last week and their rbs did nothing. 

They faced the best run defense in the league last week and their primary RB was injured in the game. Of course their RBs did nothing. See it how you will, but as a lifelong Chargers fan and someone that definitely wants Herbert to succeed; I'm a bit wary from a fantasy standpoint because of the lack of strong RZ threats in his receiving corps. I'd love for every week to be last week, but I just have a feeling the norm is going to be more like the 1 TD : 1 Int prior two weeks.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, harck said:

7 hours ago, harck said:

I think you're overthinking it. He's got 6 TDs through 3 games, and Williams will be back sooner than later. 

If anything one could point to them not having a great RB they can utilize near the GL, thus forcing Herbert to score. 

• Like 1