The G Man

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Dude is the truth!! He’s making me a low key chargers fan 

Not good man, that’s like wishing demons in your house 

50 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

How do we feel about him next week? Denver isn’t a slouch on defense and playing at mile high isn’t easy either.

at this point he's pretty much matchup proof. He has the weapons and he can run when he wants.  Start him and don't look back

23 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Not good man, that’s like wishing demons in your house 

Lmao true, I heard a Saints player got injured after that post 

5 hours ago, theking759 said:

Stud. Going to be playing him over Mahommes in certain matchups on my team.

Which is crazy to say, right!?!?!?

But I could have used another 27 points from mahomes yesterday 

9 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Go back and read the first page of this thread. 

That was a good read. [...]

Happy to roll the dice with him now but come playoffs I’m still a little hesitant. We’ll see. Hopefully he keeps it up and makes the case.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Definitely going to be tough to bench him come playoff time no matter who your primary QB is

ATL

LV

DEN

1 minute ago, beerfish said:

Definitely going to be tough to bench him come playoff time no matter who your primary QB is

ATL

LV

DEN

If you have a primary QB, you need to trade him. No more bye weeks for Herbert, set and forget.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Happy to roll the dice with him now but come playoffs I’m still a little hesitant. We’ll see. Hopefully he keeps it up and makes the case.

[...]

Lots of Rams fans in LA and less Charger fans. I feel like a lot of those people will switch once they realize they have a potential HOF QB playing across the hall at Sofi. I am joking and getting ahead of myself so take it easy. But this kid is the truth. 

In the NBA trade value is a great measuring stick. Luca is far and away the leader at that right now. In the NFL I would put this kid up there with Lamar Jackson. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

He's on pace to break the rookie passing TD & QBRat records. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

If you have a primary QB, you need to trade him. No more bye weeks for Herbert, set and forget.

Any normal year I would agree, but who knows when any team will have an additional BYE or cancelled game.

I never carry 2 QB's, but I will this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Don't love the matchup @DEN. 

Sure he's on fire, but I could see some regression soon.

• Like 1

I mean sure. That's easy to say because his numbers have been obscene. "Some regression" is likely and also fine in terms of his numbers.

However, people have been spouting this since his first start. "Don't expect him to do this every week, regression is likely!!" Next week. Improves. Next week. Improves. Next week. Improves. Hell, PFF had him ranked at 18 or something this week and their only reason was "His numbers aren't sustainable." Welp, kid has balled out in 5 games so far and been stellar in every single one despite an injured O-Line, and missing key weapons in several of the past games. At this point, it's time to start giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure similar things were said of Lamar throughout the year last year as he rode his way to 400+ points for the year. "Don't expect him to rush like this every week!!"

Denver is always tricky because of the altitude, but unlike the Chiefs game this week, the weather report for next week looks good over there.

Edited by harck
  • Like 5

In a week where other QBs put up monster numbers, Herbert topped them all.  Don't see how you can sit this guy going forward.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

[...]

Lots of Rams fans in LA and less Charger fans. I feel like a lot of those people will switch once they realize they have a potential HOF QB playing across the hall at Sofi. I am joking and getting ahead of myself so take it easy. But this kid is the truth. 

In the NBA trade value is a great measuring stick. Luca is far and away the leader at that right now. In the NFL I would put this kid up there with Lamar Jackson. 

You got one right here. I've always been a Saints fan tho, but because I live in Los Angeles .. it's mandatory to support my city.

Was a Rams fan for awhile when Gurley was still here, but man this kid is slowly but surely having me root for the Chargers.

He's so special, uber talented and underrated with his rushing capabilities. Recently bought some very clean rookie cards of Herbert. 

15 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Thank goodness those people only evaluate players for fantasy football!

9 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Blasphemy 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:33 AM, mulhollandvelvet said:

Lmao a lot of them havent been back since then. Great reading material lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I don’t really like the matchup either. People underestimate how difficult it is to go into Denver and play well. 

This game has the third lowest total, and Chargers team total is set at only 21.5.