The G Man

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, coleworld7 said:

May have to pick him up as a backup moving forward 

Why'd you have to jinx him man? Threw a pick right after you say this...

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Why'd you have to jinx him man? Threw a pick right after you say this...

Because misery loves company 😂 

That was a terrible pick, though. Triple coverage with 1st down right in front of him. 

I do wonder what what happens in a few weeks after a few starts and defenses gameplan for him. He was impressive but not sure if he's fantasy backup material yet. 

Lynn says Tyrod is still the starter. That seems unfathomable, but maybe he really wants Herbert to sit for a year. Or until the team is out of playoff contention.

• Like 1

Herbert impressed.  He looked like a leader out there.  Chargers looked to have a well balanced team today.  I had my doubts but I’m encouraged!

11 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Herbert impressed.  He looked like a leader out there.  Chargers looked to have a well balanced team today.  I had my doubts but I’m encouraged!

Yep. The team looked like they had something to believe in. When you find that you don’t go back.

14 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Lynn says Tyrod is still the starter. That seems unfathomable, but maybe he really wants Herbert to sit for a year. Or until the team is out of playoff contention.

I cannot even imagine they start Tyrod now..... 

How could you??

17 minutes ago, jhomes55 said:

How could you??

I do not know. But that's what they're saying. I don't really know why they'd lie. 

Juicy matchup next week. I'm thinking about going all in on him in a 2QB league, I drafted Wentz and Lock as my QBs and well... that's not really working out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tghetty said:

I haven't been able to watch any of the game, but I am definitely impressed by the statistics he put up against a tough defense. I had my doubts, as well, but his first game seemed to be encouraging. 

7 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

How could you??

Anthony Lynn is not a good coach so there will be questionable decisions made, like punting it on 4th and 1 yesterday when a field goal would win it for KC, idiotic coaching. it’s also clear that Tyrod is not very good. You gotta let Herbert play. 

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Anthony Lynn is not a good coach so there will be questionable decisions made, like punting it on 4th and 1 yesterday when a field goal would win it for KC, idiotic coaching. it’s also clear that Tyrod is not very good. You gotta let Herbert play. 

Totally agree with that last sentence. I haven't been the biggest believer in Herbert, but they drafted him to be their franchise QB. So let the kid play and get rid of the archaic belief that a QB has to sit on the sideline and watch. Herbert needs game reps, not a clipboard. 

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Totally agree with that last sentence. I haven't been the biggest believer in Herbert, but they drafted him to be their franchise QB. So let the kid play and get rid of the archaic belief that a QB has to sit on the sideline and watch. Herbert needs game reps, not a clipboard. 

I'm of the belief that teams will prepare for Herbert and he won't look nearly as good as yesterday. It's impressive he came in out of nowhere, but the inverse will be said. I hate being tethered to Chargers- the coaching sucks, but Herbert showed promise.

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm of the belief that teams will prepare for Herbert and he won't look nearly as good as yesterday. It's impressive he came in out of nowhere, but the inverse will be said. I hate being tethered to Chargers- the coaching sucks, but Herbert showed promise.

For sure...once teams get film on him in the NFL and prep for him as the starting QB, he'll have his struggles. But I still think you have to let him play, even when he does struggle. 

I thought my boy looked really good yesterday. Apparently, he was told minutes before kickoff that he was going to play. Factoring that in to the equation, I think he looked poised and under control. Hard to believe their HC going back to Tyrod, but whatever. Just a matter of time before Herbert takes over. So, those in 2 QB leagues may want to add and stash now. 

amazing what a change of qb did for the change of offensive philosophy ... Ekeler ACTUALLY CAUGHT PASSES! AS DID KELLEY!

Tygod is pure trash, that looked like a high school offense in week one vs what may be an historically bad defense (dër Bunglez)

if Taylor is reinstated it would be a massive effrontery to all Bolts skill positions.

I think Herbert is decent.  I just don't see the high ceiling this year.  Chargers want to ground control and play D. He is going to be a 220 yard 2 TD 1 INT type guy this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

amazing what a change of qb did for the change of offensive philosophy ... Ekeler ACTUALLY CAUGHT PASSES! AS DID KELLEY!

Tygod is pure trash, that looked like a high school offense in week one vs what may be an historically bad defense (dër Bunglez)

if Taylor is reinstated it would be a massive effrontery to all Bolts skill positions.

Yet, Anthony Lynn will be stubborn and put Tyrod back out there just like he did with Melvin Gordon.

49 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I think Herbert is decent.  I just don't see the high ceiling this year.  Chargers want to ground control and play D. He is going to be a 220 yard 2 TD 1 INT type guy this season.

Him starting is good news for guys like Keenan Allen. Hunter Henry. I hope it happens soon. I don't get why it won't happen now. It's clear he has way more throwing talent.

Man, I honestly loved Anthony Lynn on Hardknocks. Dude is such a leader. Had me wondering why these guys don't win. Now I know why.....