The G Man

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, USWAY said:

Man, I honestly loved Anthony Lynn on Hardknocks. Dude is such a leader. Had me wondering why these guys don't win. Now I know why.....

kinda bush leeg, too ... that's the type of ish you keep behind closed doors - kid just played his heart out in his first ever (emergency) start vs the juggernaut SB champs ... and it was Lynn whose pucker squeezed with that pussy punt call in OT - you don't chuck the young'n under like that in public - look in the mirror, coach. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kinda bush leeg, too ... that's the type of ish you keep behind closed doors - kid just played his heart out in his first ever (emergency) start vs the juggernaut SB champs ... and it was Lynn whose pucker squeezed with that pussy punt call in OT - you don't chuck the young'n under like that in public - look in the mirror, coach. 

This is accurate. Why ruin the moment? These coaches need to take notes from a BB press conference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This is accurate. Why ruin the moment? These coaches need to take notes from a BB press conference.

Bill Belichick GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

For some reason he's so desperate to keep Tyrod the starter he's just shitting on his own QB who went toe to toe with arguably the best QB in the game in his first NFL start ever. It's just strange

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going back to Tyrod makes absolutely zero sense. And the commentary from Lynn was almost worse. Herbert is CLEARLY better (already), why on Earth force Tyrod to completely wet the bed before making the switch? I understand being loyal to guys but this is utter incompetence. Not to mention what he said is incorrect. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Going back to Tyrod makes absolutely zero sense. And the commentary from Lynn was almost worse. Herbert is CLEARLY better (already), why on Earth force Tyrod to completely wet the bed before making the switch? I understand being loyal to guys but this is utter incompetence. Not to mention what he said is incorrect. 

I’m going after Herbs, gonna bid $35 on him. He is the best QB on the team. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I’m going after Herbs, gonna bid $35 on him. He is the best QB on the team. 

Yeah I was extremely impressed with what I saw. Great size, arm, mobility, and plenty of weapons. There are so many QBs producing right now I'm not sure you'd ever be starting him, but in deep or 2 QB leagues, absolutely. 

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah I was extremely impressed with what I saw. Great size, arm, mobility, and plenty of weapons. There are so many QBs producing right now I'm not sure you'd ever be starting him, but in deep or 2 QB leagues, absolutely. 

Love the points mobile qbs can pile on. He showed some wheels last week on his td run and his run where he was hit hard by a defender. I thought he would stay down or at least show some discomfort after that hit but it was the defender who was concussed. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/justin-herbert-starts-chargers-takes-232000493.html

Obviously you don't want him taking these hits, but it is still impressive. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly my scenario, deep 2 QB league. 

• Like 1

im not going to lie, I was a hater on this dude coming out of college but from what I saw on the field Sunday I have to admit that I was just wrong. Loved what I saw from a mental and physical perspective on Herbert. I think he has the tools to succeed in the NFL. I don't know what Coach Lynn is smoking but if he puts Tyrod back on that field, he should get fired lol

• Like 3

I'm starting Herbert over Goff (@ Buffalo) this week...... MATCH ME!

Herbert has FIRE in his belly!!

4 minutes ago, jhomes55 said:

I'm starting Herbert over Goff (@ Buffalo) this week...... MATCH ME!

Herbert has FIRE in his belly!!

Thinking about starting over Brees. Brees has been rather pedestrian. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

im not going to lie, I was a hater on this dude coming out of college but from what I saw on the field Sunday I have to admit that I was just wrong. Loved what I saw from a mental and physical perspective on Herbert. I think he has the tools to succeed in the NFL. I don't know what Coach Lynn is smoking but if he puts Tyrod back on that field, he should get fired lol

Lynn definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer. He’s working with 2 RB’s which is fine, but Ekeler is averaging 1.5 more ypc, so I’m not sure how the usage ends up.

Then we see how well the offense moves with Herbert, which proves he’s not overwhelmed, atleast not as overwhelmed as Tyrod Taylor 

• Like 1

Really didn't expect this after Lynn's comments. Guessing after watching film he decided Taylor's recovery might take another week...LOL.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Justin Herbert is likely to start Week 3 against the Panthers.

Tyrod Taylor (chest) isn't expected to be ready after he was hospitalized during pregame warmups in Week 2. That sets up Herbert to start coming off his impressive debut. Coach Anthony Lynn said Taylor was the starter if healthy, but it looks like that won't be the case this week, and it's possible Herbert keeps the job with another strong game. Herbert would be this week's top streamer if Taylor sits.

RELATED: 
SOURCE: NFL Network
Sep 23, 2020, 9:22 AM ET
  • Like 1

Might start Fitzmagic this week but I picked Herbert up.  He looked the part last week and if he looks good again he may be a startable QB.  

22 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Might start Fitzmagic this week but I picked Herbert up.  He looked the part last week and if he looks good again he may be a startable QB.  

That's my hope. I missed out on the likes of Josh Allen and Kyler Murray, hopefully he can put up some similar numbers with his running ability. 

5 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

That's my hope. I missed out on the likes of Josh Allen and Kyler Murray, hopefully he can put up some similar numbers with his running ability. 

I didn't really follow him at Oregon.  How much of a runner is he? He's huge, so I would doubt that's very fast.

3 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

I didn't really follow him at Oregon.  How much of a runner is he? He's huge, so I would doubt that's very fast.

His TD run is in there. He looks pretty athletic for his size. He definitely needs to protect himself better on runs or he won't last the whole season.

Los Angeles Chargers team doctor accidentally punctured quarterback Tyrod Taylor's lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection to the quarterback's cracked ribs, league and team sources told ESPN.

That is the reason Taylor did not start Sunday and rookie quarterback Justin Herbert unexpectedly did against the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs, in an arrangement that is likely to continue Sunday against the Carolina Panthers and quite possibly beyond.

It also helps explain why Chargers coach Anthony Lynn strongly backed Taylor on Sunday night and again this week. Many coaches believe that no player should lose his job to an injury -- especially one that accidentally came at the hands of a team doctor. The Chargers previously said Taylor suffered complications from an injection. Those complications were a punctured lung.

The NFL Players Association is investigating the medical mishap, sources said, seeing what steps it should take next. An NFLPA official declined comment Wednesday about Taylor's punctured lung.

• Like 1

You can't make this **** up, Chargers' team doctor punctured Tyrod's lungs trying to give him a pain-killing shot. Herbert is here to stay.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

He's got such a loaded offense to work with.

Check down to ekeler, he'll get the yards on his own. Keenan is one of the best route runners in the league, always open. Williams and Henry, big catch radius. Hand off to Kelley when you're changing it up. 

Kinda hard for him to fail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This news was inevitable. Going back to Tyrod should've been a fireable offense. The more time you give the kid this year the better he'll be next. Not to mention he already looks better than Tyrod. All things considered, what he did Sunday was extraordinary. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This news was inevitable. Going back to Tyrod should've been a fireable offense. The more time you give the kid this year the better he'll be next. Not to mention he already looks better than Tyrod. All things considered, what he did Sunday was extraordinary. 

Well, they nearly killed Tyrod. He couldn't start even if Lynn truly did want to keep him as the starter. Not sure we've really learned if there was a change in the depth chart or not.