The G Man

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

Makes more sense as to why Lynn defended Tyrod so fiercely recently - what a twist.

What's the recovery time on a collapsed lung?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

Makes more sense as to why Lynn defended Tyrod so fiercely recently - what a twist.

What's the recovery time on a collapsed lung?

I read 6-8 weeks but I’d rather have someone with a medical background confirm this. 

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I read 6-8 weeks but I’d rather have someone with a medical background confirm this. 

I would think probably something close to this. Surprised Tyrod hasn't been placed on IR today.

I'm going to doubt the coaching here for not making a change, but I somehow have to trust a little bit that Tyrod is more capable and ready than Herbert...or he would've started already in Week 1. Maybe Herbert isn't showing anything in practice or throwing too many picks / making mistakes. The conservative coach does not want that.

He may restore the ceiling for LAC skill players, but I'm cautioning the breaks here. Not discounting the Chiefs but it's one week and it's a spot start. Driskel did well at PITT too considering the circumstances but no chatter about him lol

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He may restore the ceiling for LAC skill players, but I'm cautioning the breaks here. Not discounting the Chiefs but it's one week and it's a spot start. Driskel did well at PITT too considering the circumstances but no chatter about him lol

No sh*t? Driskel was a 6th rounder and Herbert was taken 6th overall...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

No sh*t? Driskel was a 6th rounder and Herbert was taken 6th overall...

Still was impressive what he did nonetheless even losing Sutton lol 

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm going to doubt the coaching here for not making a change, but I somehow have to trust a little bit that Tyrod is more capable and ready than Herbert...or he would've started already in Week 1. Maybe Herbert isn't showing anything in practice or throwing too many picks / making mistakes. The conservative coach does not want that.

He looked the part. He took two big unnecessary hits though, concussing the linebacker on one. He definitely needs to protect himself or his starting status will be short lived. 

I think Herbert starting instantly boosts the whole Chargers offense fantasy value, he looked really good against the Chiefs. Sure he will make more stupid rookie mistakes, but the offense looked more lively with him. 

Their defense is legit, Chargers can make some noise now if he ends up being the real deal 

• Like 1

Someone just dropped 52/100 FAAB on him in my 2QB league.  This train is already out of control.  

• Haha 1

Thinking about dropping Wentz for Herbs. Good move?

19 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Someone just dropped 52/100 FAAB on him in my 2QB league.  This train is already out of control.  

I dropped 48 out of 100 in my 2 qb leagues. Done with the jimmy g cousins of the world.

5 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Thinking about dropping Wentz for Herbs. Good move?

Probably not.. maybe someone else if you can spare.

• Like 1

Been saying for years that the Chargers have probably the worst training staff in the NFL. (Eagles May be 2nd) Every year they suffer a ton of injuries, & now the incompetence shown screwing up a pain-killer injection to puncture Taylor’s lung? Unbelievable. Herbert will be the starter ROS because Taylor has been advised to not play for an “indefinite” period of time. This kid’s gonna be the goods as long as the team doctors don’t get a hold of him

23 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I’m going after Herbs, gonna bid $35 on him. He is the best QB on the team. 

Someone bid $55

Did the team doctor own Herbert in a 2QB league?

Edited by owenmills
  • Haha 3

knowing Tygod was jabbed by some quack 💉 really puts a different paint job on Lynn's remarks ... but Herby here still deserved better.

2 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

White Deshaun Watson rookie year. Leggooooooo

i prefer "taller Josh Allen" 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cheezor42 said:

Absolutely reasonable in a 2QB league. In fact, it's borderline disgraceful someone wasn't already stashing him in a 2QB league

14 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Absolutely reasonable in a 2QB league. In fact, it's borderline disgraceful someone wasn't already stashing him in a 2QB league

we have small benches.  It’s super flex too. It’s the first year we’ve done it so most ppl don’t really have a feel for it yet.

So he gets the start because of a freak accident. Is this a spot start or a legit change? To me it looks like a spot start because the Chargers want to stick with a scrub over there performing high price QB.

7 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

So he gets the start because of a freak accident. Is this a spot start or a legit change? To me it looks like a spot start because the Chargers want to stick with a scrub over there performing high price QB.

American football memes, how it should be

Not just a spot start imo, 1st round 6th pick of the draft.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

knowing Tygod was jabbed by some quack 💉 really puts a different paint job on Lynn's remarks ... but Herby here still deserved better.

Quack? It’s a known complication of the procedure...rare but not zero

Edited by joshua18

Just now, joshua18 said:

Quack? It’s an expected complication of the procedure...rare but not zero

source.gif