The G Man

Justin Herbert 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Magman said:

This is one of the worst takes I have read in awhile on here.. and that's saying something.  I dont even know where to start.. I guess here - have you watched Herbert play football on the Chargers and have you watched Taylor play football on the Chargers?

I have.

I watched Justin Herbert basically lead a lackadaisical and confused offense in a loss to the Panthers, and I saw him look better against a better defense against the Bucs that they also lost.  I didn't see a mandate to have to start him in either game if I'm a fan of the team.

18 minutes ago, meekzy said:

i dont think tyrod has the chargers in the lead against the chiefs or the bucs at any point, and he's definitely not hitting practice squad players for 70 yards deep. theres zero chance tyrod hits that receiver deep.taylor might turn the ball over less than a rookie but throwing for 200 yards and no TDs with no turnovers doesn't really do anything to help win the game... herbert driving the field has been impressive and has lead to more scoring opportunities. tyrod has almost played for 10 years with one game over 300 yards and it was in OT, he only wins games if he plays keep away which you cant do with a banged up team like the chargers, herbert has had them in position to win each of the last 3 weeks.

At the end of the day, "being in position to win" doesn't mean much.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

At the end of the day, "being in position to win" doesn't mean much.

it does when you compare it to not being in position to win which tyrod taylor is accustomed to through his entire career. only argument for benching herbert at this point is so he doesn't get shell shocked from their atrocious line play. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, meekzy said:

it does when you compare it to not being in position to win which tyrod taylor is accustomed to through his entire career. only argument for benching herbert at this point is so he doesn't get shell shocked from their atrocious line play. 

Tyrod Taylor was a Pro Bowler in 2015.

The coach has literally told you he's the starter when healthy.

Justin Herbert hasn't won a game.

Y'all are delusional.

Edited by JE7HorseGod

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Y'all are delusional.

2015 lol was that the year he had is monumental 300 yard passing day we all hear about or was that a different year, what a day that was.

Y'all are delusional.

Yeah when I think Pro Bowl quarterbacks I think Tyrod Taylor. Lol. Guy's never thrown for more than 20 TDs his entire career. 

Not only is Herbert their future, he's better than Tyrod right now, and it isn't terribly close. 

"Being in a position to win doesn't mean much." Well, it certainly beats the alternative. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Y'all are delusional.

The facts are this:

#1 Justin Herbert was drafted #5 overall to be the Chargers future QB

#2 Justin Herbert is actually doing a solid job as the starter right now

#3 Tyrod Taylor Is not a part of the Chargers future he is a UFA 12 weeks from now when the season is over

#4 Yes the coach did say that Tyrod was  still the starter but he said that 2 weeks ago. Coaches say things and then change their minds down the road all of the time. And watching with my own eyes and seeing how well Herbert has played Coach Lynn would be run out of town if he benched Justin Herbert in favor of Tyrod Taylor at this point.

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 2

Ok guys, we know, you have him on your fantasy team.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  Just don't come crying when he gets benched.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Ok guys, we know, you have him on your fantasy team.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  Just don't come crying when he gets benched.

i dont have him anywhere, i just know tyrod sucks like everyone else lol.

• Like 2

Just now, meekzy said:

i dont have him anywhere, i just know tyrod sucks like everyone else lol.

Except his coach I guess lol.

Except his coach I guess lol.

yes everyone except his coach who has a long friendship with tyrod and doesn't want to hurt his feel feels. herbert's shown more promise in 3 games than tyrod has in 10 years lol.

Just now, meekzy said:

yes everyone except his coach who has a long friendship with tyrod and doesn't want to hurt his feel feels. herbert's shown more promise in 3 games than tyrod has in 10 years lol.

Well that's a very nice option internet rando.  I'm sure coach Lynn will take it under advisement.  In the meantime I'm going to try and listen to people whose opinions are relevant to what actually happens.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Well that's a very nice option internet rando.  I'm sure coach Lynn will take it under advisement.  In the meantime I'm going to try and listen to people whose opinions are relevant to what actually happens.

so like... the opinion that almost everyone universally feels around the league? im sure tyrod is just one shot away from finally being that franchise QB, just a few more reps lol, ill root for him!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, meekzy said:

so like... the opinion that almost everyone universally feels around the league? im sure tyrod is just one shot away from finally being that franchise QB, just a few more reps lol, ill root for him!!

I'd say it's advantage if your coach calls you the starter, as opposed to, you know, not.

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'd say it's advantage if your coach calls you the starter, as opposed to, you know, not.

i didnt say herbert is the starter, i said he's already the better qb and should be the starter... which isn't saying too much yet cause tyrod sucks.

1 minute ago, meekzy said:

i didnt say herbert is the starter, i said he's already the better qb and should be the starter... which isn't saying too much yet cause tyrod sucks.

Well that's just like, your opinion or something, man.

I don't know what to tell you.  I watched a fair amount of Justin Herbert at Oregon.  What I saw a lot of was the guy we saw against the Panthers.  I have no doubt he'll be starting for this team at some point, they drafted him 5 overall, so of course.

But I'm certainly not getting that excited about him throwing for a lot of yards and getting close but in the end still losing in two games to the Chiefs and Bucs.  If you want to go ahead I guess.

In the meantime I'd bet Taylor starts a few more for them.  If they lose a bunch they'll probably flip it back over the Herbert, but I'm not expecting them to be much better, particularly without James, Harris Jr, etc.  In the long term I think Herbert was a necessary bet given Rivers' age, but the savior of the franchise, I think not.

I'd be pretty surprised if they switched back to Tyrod at this point.

I could be wrong, and obviously Herbert would have a much better case if the Chargers won any of the games he played. But I just can't see Tyrod being the starter anymore either with how well Herbert has played.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Well that's just like, your opinion or something, man.

I don't know what to tell you.  I watched a fair amount of Justin Herbert at Oregon.  What I saw a lot of was the guy we saw against the Panthers.  I have no doubt he'll be starting for this team at some point, they drafted him 5 overall, so of course.

But I'm certainly not getting that excited about him throwing for a lot of yards and getting close but in the end still losing in two games to the Chiefs and Bucs.  If you want to go ahead I guess.

In the meantime I'd bet Taylor starts a few more for them.  If they lose a bunch they'll probably flip it back over the Herbert, but I'm not expecting them to be much better, particularly without James, Harris Jr, etc.  In the long term I think Herbert was a necessary bet given Rivers' age, but the savior of the franchise, I think not.

i said he was the savior of the franchise? i said he's better than tyrod and shows promise... which isn't even suggesting much. he just put up 30 points on the bucks and his leading rusher had 14 yards, which was also him... lol.

Just now, meekzy said:

i said he was the savior of the franchise? i said he's better than tyrod and shows promise... which isn't even suggesting much. he just put up 30 points on the bucks and his leading rusher had 14 yards, which was also him... lol.

At this point in their career, yes I would say my opinion is that Taylor is the better QB for this team to try and win games right now.

Taylor doesn't suck nearly as bad as you are saying, and Herbert is too green to be whatever he has the potential to be.  Particularly in a situation where half the defense and his starting RB is hurt.  I think that is why you'll see Lynn turn back to him, not because of some imaginary story you've told yourself about his "fee fees" or whatever.

Anyway, I'm done with this.  Believe what you want to.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

At this point in their career, yes I would say my opinion is that Taylor is the better QB for this team to try and win games right now.

The last time Taylor threw three TDs in one game was 2016. Herbert did it Sunday. Tyrod has eclipsed 300 yards once HIS ENTIRE CAREER,  Herbert is averaging 300+. Herbert's completion percentage is also light years ahead of anything Tyrod's ever done. 

If you think the coach will be loyal to Tyrod, or the team will protect Herbert because they're so bad, fair enough. But if you think Tyrod is the better QB there's virtually nothing that points to that. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 4

I can't honestly believe that anyone could watch the last couple years in Buf Tyrod, his brief poop looking appearances with the Browns, and his boring and brutal outing this year vs that very tough Bengals D (not really). 

And then watch Herbert come in with no notice vs the SB Champ Chiefs, Car, a very tough TB defense... and somehow think that Tyrod should be the starter lol. This is why I am firmly in the camp of Anthony Lynn a** needs to go. I was there before this whole ordeal, because he is terrible. But I can't believe anyone actually thinks Tyrod gives this team a better chance to win hahahah. 

KC - 22 of 33 for 311 and 1 TD / 4 for 18 rushing with a TD

CAR - 35 of 49 for 330 and 1 TD / 3 for 15 rushing 

TB - 20 of 25 for 290 yard and 3 TDs / 5 for 14 rushing

72% completions 931 yards and 5 TDs in 3 games

Tyrod couldn't do that in his most wet dreams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The last time Taylor threw three TDs in one game was 2016. Herbert did it Sunday. Herbert's yardage and completion percentage are also light years ahead of anything Tyrod's ever done. 

If you think the coach will be loyal to Tyrod, or the team will protect Herbert because they're so bad, fair enough. But if you think Tyrod is the better QB there's virtually nothing that points to that. 

I was taking too long typing out his stats, but I was saying pretty much this lol. Good work 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Taylor doesn't suck nearly as bad as you are saying, and Herbert is too green to be whatever he has the potential to be.  Particularly in a situation where half the defense and his starting RB is hurt.  I think that is why you'll see Lynn turn back to him, not because of some imaginary story you've told yourself about his "fee fees" or whatever.

Anyway, I'm done with this.  Believe what you want to.

Why so angry bro? Sit back and relax, it’ll be okay. 

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Taylor is NOT getting that job back unless Herbert gets hurt. 
End.Of.Story.

Are there any updates from Chargers practice today? Who took first team reps?