The G Man

A.J. Dillon 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

For those decimated at the RB position, is this guy remotely startable tonight? 

Is Jamaal Williams available? If so, it’s Williams not Dillon

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spyplane said:

No, I can share actual articles.

You have actual articles with direct quotes from the Packer's front office saying they are signing him to a new contract?  Please link them, I haven't seen this and would be interested.

I have seen quotes from Jones saying they are working on a new contract, but that is only half of the equation (at most) to getting a contract done. Of course Jones wants a new contract and I'm sure his agent is "working on getting one", but that doesn't mean the Packers are putting much effort into his contract.  

We are both guessing at this point, with you seemingly believing Jones and I'm believing the clues from the last draft. 

As a Packer fan I hope they can work out a team friendly deal, but I don't anticipate that happening.

Any chance that the Packers don't retain him at the end of the year? Williams is out IMO, but I thikn they could bring jones back.  He's been so good for them(albeit streaky) and there isn't much out there. Even if they don't resign Jones, the FA class is loaded for backs so I imagine they will be to get someone serviecable and cheap. 

No, not really. Going to need an injury for anything this year. All of his yards were mostly once TB pulled their starters against not stout fronts. 

• Like 1

He's clearly a monster, but he likely won't be providing useful fantasy production this year barring an Aaron Jones injury.  

If the Packers have any brains at all they will let Jones walk in the offseason and make Dillon their primary back the way the Titans have done with Henry.  Signing Jones to a Kamara-like contract would pretty much doom the Packers for the next few years, which I wouldn't mind as a Bears fan but would hate as a dynasty owner holding AJ Dillon.

2 hours ago, GurleyBoy said:

He's clearly a monster, but he likely won't be providing useful fantasy production this year barring an Aaron Jones injury.  

If the Packers have any brains at all they will let Jones walk in the offseason and make Dillon their primary back the way the Titans have done with Henry.  Signing Jones to a Kamara-like contract would pretty much doom the Packers for the next few years, which I wouldn't mind as a Bears fan but would hate as a dynasty owner holding AJ Dillon.

Kamara is amazing, worth every penny

• Like 1

Dillon is not this year folks. People sleeping on Jamaal Williams. I have him on my bench. They liked him in camp and he gets some run. The only reason Dillon got any carries is because the game was out of hand. 

bigger issue for AR and also the run game going forward is the health of David bahktiari

He might get his moment this weekend. Jones is banged up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

5.0 YPC so far.

Very small sample size. My guess is that its garbage time carries also based on his depth chart position but maybe someone else can illuminate that for me. 

9 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Very small sample size. My guess is that its garbage time carries also based on his depth chart position but maybe someone else can illuminate that for me. 

Not really. He’s a second round RB with elite physical attributes and nifty footwork. He’s just good.

1 hour ago, munygon2 said:

41 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Psihogisoshlflsdfksd know what he's talking about? Who he is?

I'm not sure how plugged in he is but just factually that take makes no sense. Jones catches a lot of balls, can play on passing downs, in hurry-up, etc. Dillon will do none of that. JWill is the much more likely guy to take Jones's role so to speak. 

Not saying Dillon won't get touches, but they'll be 1/2 down and possibly GL and likely garbage time. 

Williams was always the 3rd down/pass protector. I'd assume he stays in that role if Jones is out with a few more carries sprinkled it. Dillon on early downs and goal-line seems likely to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

Psihogisoshlflsdfksd know what he's talking about? Who he is?

The Psychic Hog’s nose knows.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

Williams was always the 3rd down/pass protector. I'd assume he stays in that role if Jones is out with a few more carries sprinkled it. Dillon on early downs and goal-line seems likely to me. 

williams feasted last season (i believe) the couple of games that jones missed.

The message from all the Packers staff speaking on Dillon is that he's ready to contribute if called upon. He's was at a big disadvantage early because he didn't get traditional camps or preseason and he has two guys competing for reps who've been with the Packers all of last season and before that. It took him time to get up to speed.

He was selected in the second round however in a year where there was a loaded WR class and they were in dire need of a WR. The Packers haven't signed Aaron Jones either... They probably want to get a good look at Dillon and this might be their first good opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

This dude is about to go full Derrick Henry on the Texans. 

What would happen if he did? The NFL is so damn interesting.

15 hours ago, Moveless said:

Well you share the real stats with us. This is all I can find to work with here. Thanks.

13 hours ago, herschel said:

williams feasted last season (i believe) the couple of games that jones missed.

This is false, Jones missed no games last year. Think you have it flipped around.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

I don't know what's gonna happen, but I picked him up.

Not much