The G Man

A.J. Dillon 2020 Outlook

17 hours ago, Moveless said:

Very small sample size. My guess is that its garbage time carries also based on his depth chart position but maybe someone else can illuminate that for me. 

Let me illuminate for you...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DK Metcalf at running back.

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Conan the barbarian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieStats said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

EZ start for me this week, based off the thunder thighs

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, StevieStats said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gotta lay low. The last guy we hyped up like this was Saquon. Give Dillon's thighs some privacy.

• Haha 2

Looks like the Packers promoted an RB off the practice squad which means there is a good chance Jones will be inactive.

Hope Dillion can get some good run here.

7 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Should call him dr. Gloom and doom, he always talks about the worst case scenario. 

1 minute ago, TeeGee60 said:

Should call him dr. Gloom and doom, he always talks about the worst case scenario. 

Kevorkian-esque?

... 'cuz that's some doom n' gloom, amirite?

34 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Channeling my inner gbill2004 here:

Out 4-6 weeks.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Does this guy have good ros outlook?  

Nah. This week tho, 17/121/1

18 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Probably not.  Might be a decent 1 week play if Jones is inactive.

No doubt he's talented though.  And I think he's a way better runner than Jamal "Jag" Williams.

Maybe he plays himself into a bigger role (which isn't saying much since he's had basically no role) but think he probably needs Jones out for an extended period to really get any value.

Not a bad speculative add though as a bench guy to stash with some upside if chips ever fell right.  And if I owned A Jones, also not a bad insurance pickup.

25 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

No one knows how serious this Aaron Jones injury is. Soft tissue is always a big deal for any football player, especially RB.

He's definitely worth a speculative pickup, and anyone in the GB backfield generally is worth owning. Highly valuable backfield and run game.

IDK if I'm starting him as a flex tomorrow. Houston being scored on 30 ppg for RB's, bottom 3 in the league. Inflated by Tennessee a bit, but still they are about 25-30 ppg. What's that pie split for GB? 23 half PPR Points? Williams 15 and AJ 8? IDK.

Still worth picking up given the RB landscape...no one knows how they will be utilized and no one knows how good AJ will look in a game that's not a blowout. 

A.J. Dillon is the perfect one week end of bench stash for owners like me whose biggest fantasy rival has Aaron Jones & Jamaal Williams. Then if Dillon outshines "JAG" Williams in this one week role, fearmonger the Jones owner into trading some tangible asset for Dillon. Then if he drops Williams, pick him up.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

I dropped Laviska for him, needed help this week. I hope I dont regret it. Maybe he is the true handcuff to Jones

The unknown outcome is the best part of fantasy sports. I personally don't regret adding someone even if they don't work out because I thought and acted. I struggle getting over the times I don't make the add because I overanalyze it and see someone else scoop them up...lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

I dropped Laviska for him, needed help this week. I hope I dont regret it. Maybe he is the true handcuff to Jones

2 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

The unknown outcome is the best part of fantasy sports. I personally don't regret adding someone even if they don't work out because I thought and acted. I struggle getting over the times I don't make the add because I overanalyze it and see someone else scoop them up...lol

Is this a one week rental though? And why are people confident to start him this week? I’m just not fully understanding... I get he has the measurables to succeed in a lead role, but surely Williams is the play this week?

14 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Is this a one week rental though? And why are people confident to start him this week? I’m just not fully understanding... I get he has the measurables to succeed in a lead role, but surely Williams is the play this week?

ya for this week... unless Jones has extended time out

25 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

It very well could be a one week rental and I think starting him depends on league size. I'm hoping to claim him tonight in a Dynasty league for next year with A. Jones being a FA. 

this guy looks absolutely insane on film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQdP5PYqP
That kind of size and strength, when combined with athleticism and speed, is the stuff greats are made of. 
In dynasty I would be extremely aggressive with trade offers.
In redraft, I'd be willing to drop a Zack Moss type just in case Jones' calf continues to be an issue, and Dillon becomes - in essence - the Chris Carson of the Packers offense, with meteoric touchdown potential. 

But I realize these are loud and rosy proclomations, it would be wise to temper expecations and --  oh screw it ----

Too big. Too fast. Too strong.

13 hours ago, TeeGee60 said:

I mean he said Jones would play. The Packers seem to be not playing him this week. Seems like he was too optimistic.

The point is the Packers invested significant draft capital into Dillon. If he performs this week he may leapfrog Williams or he could steal GL touches. He's a hammer they're currently not utilizing.