The G Man

A.J. Dillon 2020 Outlook

Just now, Spyplane said:

The point is the Packers invested significant draft capital into Dillon. If he performs this week he may leapfrog Williams or he could steal GL touches. He's a hammer they're currently not utilizing.

i recall sparring with you about this kid in preseason, citing all you just mentioned ... i expected his role to be bigger than it has, they've really kept him on ice, save for gahhhhrbahhhge time last week.

what has changed your stance?

🤔

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i recall sparring with you about this kid in preseason, citing all you just mentioned ... i expected his role to be bigger than it has, they've really kept him on ice, save for gahhhhrbahhhge time last week.

what has changed your stance?

🤔

My stance on the Packers backfield is that Jones is a complete stud and Williams is a very good backup who can do a bit of everything and is a very good blocker. I don't think anything about my view has changed. Dillon is waiting for a time to shine and this is his time to do it... Or not. It's up to him. I'm not a Oracle, I just don't bank on injuries.

• Like 2

I'm on board for the week. 

Let's GO

1 hour ago, USWAY said:

I think the hope here is that he dominates to the point where they have to scale back Williams workload to put this guy on the field more. I kind of want to pick him up but don't have the space. 

It's to their best interest to keep Jones 100% for the playoffs. If they keep winning and secure or are close to securing home field later on, there's a chance that Dillon gets an expanded role in week 14 and 15.

There's also the chance that he unseats Williams. That would be enough to bring him into the FLEX mix if he's getting a few goal line touches.

He’s a good stash and a desperation play if Jones sits but the talk of him talking over Jamal Williams is crazy. 

Dillion has barely played and still working on other aspects of the game such as pass blocking and protections.  Even Rodgers said himself they were not gonna force touches to a rookie.  There is a long to go here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The only reason that makes me hesitant in thinking he gets a meaningful role is how important pass catching is to a GB RB. I think he at best might see the goal line work and some first/second downs, but that's it.

Edited by harck

42 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If they keep winning and secure or are close to securing home field later on, there's a chance that Dillon gets an expanded role in week 14 and 15.

They looked like the Toronto Argonauts last week. I doubt they are thinking they'll have the #1 seed wrapped up by week 14 or 15.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

They looked like the Toronto Argonauts last week. I doubt they are thinking they'll have the #1 seed wrapped up by week 14 or 15.

Jones is now officially inactive. Are we firing this guy up?

5 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

He's a punt. His range of outcomes is wide, so you could get 2TDs or 3 points.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Due to a combination of bye weeks, and a bad matchup I am! 

Last week Henry ran over the Texans. And while I know Henry is a top back/beast, this kid is three inches shorter and 9 pounds heavier! 

Edit: by no means am I saying he’s as good as Henry.  But, if the Texans had trouble stopping Henry, I feel another brute of a back could have success against them.

Edited by jgardner12

Dillion’s output will be strictly based on game flow, besides any goaline plunges. If GB goes up big on HOU then I can see Dillon putting up some #’s but if HOU stays with them and it’s a shootout then I can see JW putting up the #’s. I believe GB will try to keep HOU off the field early while slowing things down in the run game with Dillon. Hard to predict, it’s all about game flow.

He's a TD dependent Flex play today IMO. And, I agree with game flow being a big factor is his usage. \

[...] and the way GB likes to use 2 RB's I could see Williams taking on Jones role/touches and Dillon taking on Williams role/touches. So, I do think Dillon could be a decent Flex play today for those that are dealing with byes and/or injuries [...]

Great match-up too BTW. Houston giving up yards to opposing RB's in chunks. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Starting with alcohol-induced confidence!  I see no way this can possibly backfire.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Al.Davis said:

Starting with alcohol-induced confidence!  I see no way this can possibly backfire.

Just Gin, Baby!

🍸

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

It was just one game. It happens to the best of them. It happened to them last year but you know this because you watch football. 

Pulled the trigger. This is what fantasy football is all about. 

That performance was actually below my range of expected outcomes. His role basically didn't change. Williams just absorbed the extra work; though he had a good day so it was obviously justified. 

I expected Dillon to at least hit double digit carries. They must not trust him much at all in protection. 

Drop. 

Edited by LongBalls

My bad y'all. Could have told you that GB would lean heavily on Jamaal. Coach and QB have raved about him all offseason and he's been really good in his role as RB2 next to Jones.