Rotoworld.com Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

Liked that Burrow was definitely looking for him today. One thing that's slightly concerning is that he dropped a few passes again today.

Seen that, he needs to clean up the drops, when he does, watch out

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 11:45 AM, Jnerica said:

He played over a health scratch Tate last week. Playing over a healthy scratch Ross this week. Did see 6 targets in his first extensive action and is 97% available in yahoo. AJ has already been banged up this year and remember its a contract year for AJ. These low outputs are hurting his value for next year. He may just go out on injury to keep his value up sneaky add. 

Higgins played second most snaps last week behind only boyd. He played 65%. But what is most telling is that 65% was 60 snaps. In comparison, Calvin Ridley played 63 snaps leading the falcons. Juju played 59 snaps which was 91% for Steelers. The bengals made baker mayfield look like Bernie Kosar. This team will be behind a lot, playing lots of snaps and throwing. 

I saw that AJ green injury when I was saying pick this kid up before week 3. AJ value is tanking. If I was his agent, I would tell him to complain about an injury and hope next year he can get a half decent contract on name value. Each game he plays is costing him millions next year. He is done. 

You gotta love his involvement, and with Green a week or two from getting put out to pasture, you figure it'll only continue. 

Admittedly I've watched very little of him, but eye test wise I'm not overly impressed. Jefferson looks much better to me. Higgins looks stiff and slow. Almost like Kelvin Benjamin when he was still in reasonable shape. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
23 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You gotta love his involvement, and with Green a week or two from getting put out to pasture, you figure it'll only continue. 

Admittedly I've watched very little of him, but eye test wise I'm not overly impressed. Jefferson looks much better to me. Higgins looks stiff and slow. Almost like Kelvin Benjamin when he was still in reasonable shape. 

I thought KB looked kinda fat from the jump.

Tee Time!!-- last 2 weeks since earning the WR3 spot:

-running a route on 82% of Burrow dropbacks (which are plentiful)

-aligning in slot 33% of time (where he is a total physical mismatch on nickel backs)

-20% target share (despite an unholy amount of wasted throws to washed Green)

Big arrow up here and great buy if an owner is sleeping on his upside.

• Like 5

Worried about his drops though. Might sour him a bit in Burrow's eyes. Definitely great upside overall. Boyd is the one that is truly going to be feasting in this offense though, but maybe for us guys that stashed Higgins, we can enjoy some points along the way.

[...]

What is Higgins outlook this week? Obviously the Bengals are going to be throwing a bunch. Baltimore’s secondary doesn’t scare me as much, especially if it’s garbage time.

I think I’m flexing him this weekend due to bye weeks. Anyone else?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
3 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

[...]

What is Higgins outlook this week? Obviously the Bengals are going to be throwing a bunch. Baltimore’s secondary doesn’t scare me as much, especially if it’s garbage time.

Might be starting him this week due to Julio likely being out. Would be starting over TY Hilton & Landry, neither of which are particularly exciting or have the TD upside of Higgins IMO.

Edited by tonycpsu
31 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

[...]

Yeah, I'm considering it. Whether as WR2 (yeah, I know...been a rough year at WR for The G Man) or a Flex. Burrow seems to be looking for him. He's averaging 7 targets a game, which makes him startable IMO. The match-up is a concern, but you know they'll be playing from behind and Burrow is not afraid to air it out. 

I may have just talked myself into it. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I'm considering it. Whether as WR2 (yeah, I know...been a rough year at WR for The G Man) or a Flex. Burrow seems to be looking for him. He's averaging 7 targets a game, which makes him startable IMO. The match-up is a concern, but you know they'll be playing from behind and Burrow is not afraid to air it out. 

He will definitely get the air yards, that's for sure. Not the most efficient yet with his opportunities but I think he can improve.

6 hours ago, The G Man said:

Ravens will probably have Peters on Green simply because of his career history. Humphrey is probably the best slot cover guy in the league right now so he’ll be on Boyd most of the time. That leaves Higgins to see some solid volume as long as Burrow can stay on his feet. I don’t need him this week but I expect a decent game if you do

• Like 1

I'm hoping Humphrey locks down Boyd. I'm high on both Higgins and Boyd, so want to swoop in and buy on both. Boyd's value is pretty high though with his consistency thus far.

Edited by harck
57 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Ravens will probably have Peters on Green simply because of his career history. Humphrey is probably the best slot cover guy in the league right now so he’ll be on Boyd most of the time. That leaves Higgins to see some solid volume as long as Burrow can stay on his feet. I don’t need him this week but I expect a decent game if you do

It’s possible burrow struggles with the ravens in Baltimore like most do, aside from Mahomes lol

200 yard game won’t get it done, but I think that’s burrows floor. Also afraid of lack of opportunity since bengals can’t really stop the run game

All right, I'm in. Not super-stoked by the matchups coming up, but he may get rolled out this week if the Titans are off again. Can somebody give me a quick run-down of this guy? A quick glance at the thread tells me he's slow and drops the ball a lot, but is heavily involved 😃.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

All right, I'm in. Not super-stoked by the matchups coming up, but he may get rolled out this week if the Titans are off again. Can somebody give me a quick run-down of this guy? A quick glance at the thread tells me he's slow and drops the ball a lot, but is heavily involved 😃.

This is a good pre-draft scouting profile of him: 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-nfl-draft-profile-strengths-weaknesses-best-fantasy-fits-for-tee-higgins/amp/

TLDR: Elite ball skills & catch radius, big body RZ weapon w/ great long speed; raw route-running & questionable acceleration out of cuts

ETA: I don’t think drops were a concern in college so it could just be an issue w/ concentration &/or rookie nerves

Edited by smeeze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3