Rotoworld.com Forums

Tee Higgins 2020 Outlook

Yeah I’m starting him as well with Chubb hurt, Carson, Lockett, and most of my bench on bye... I’d rather avoid the matchup, but I still believe in him, and any week could be the blowup game. 7-9 targets each of the last three weeks, you could do a lot worse.

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo does that salty aj green owner show his face in our thread again or is that the last time we hear from him 😂

C’mon.  AJ is a ‘92 Honda Accord.  And not a DX.  He’s an EX, with the leather, high end trim package, rims, sunroof, 6 disc changer.  240,000 miles and two hailstorms ago he was a sweet ride.  But sa

Posted Images

Just now, theantishere said:

Haven’t watched any Bengal games. Is Higgins really burrow’s preferred target over Boyd?

no, it's boyd. but Boyd sees the best coverage, while Higgins doesnt, so Burrow does look in Higgins direction

it's a pass heavy offense, and Higgins is the 2

• Like 1
6 hours ago, theantishere said:

Haven’t watched any Bengal games. Is Higgins really burrow’s preferred target over Boyd?

It’s been close. Over the last three weeks, Boyd has 27 targets (13, 8, 6) and Higgins 24 (9, 7, 8). 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, theantishere said:

It depends on how you measure it. Boyd is more of a possession type receiver, so he tends to get more targets, but for shorter yards. Higgins gets more air yards and the potential for greater total yards. He has also has seen an edge so far in red zone targets. The end result might be pretty similar from a fantasy prospective, but individual league scoring can sway that.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, thefranchise3 said:

They've been taking deep shots since week 3 with him and they finally connected. Hopefully benching him won't come back to bite me. 

I sat him too. This is about the time of year we start finding out who are the truly bad matchups besides Pitt and Baltimore, and even Baltimore almost blew it.

indy looking overrated AF without Leonard 

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

So has Hggins overtaken Boyd or is Boyd still #1?

I don't think this is how we frame Higgins' usage because Boyd and Higgins play very different, but complimentary roles in the offense.  

Boyd operates almost exclusively in the slot and is the short-yardage safety valve in the offense.  Higgins is the big-bodied receiver who plays on the outside and who works deep.  

They're not really competing with one another.  The real question is whether AJ Green or Higgins gets more looks on the outside.  Higgins is firmly winning that battle.  

Higgins is basically doing a better job of being AJ Green than (old man) AJ Green is. Green and Boyd were effective together in years past.  This is a pretty similar offensive situation; it's just that Higgins has usurped Green's role on the outside.  

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How consistent will he be wirh an AJ green resurgence? Something tells me boyd May be the odd man out 

Wouldn't shock me if Green gets traded, making it moot. Or gets hurt. Or reverts to Weeks 1-5 form. Higgins and Boyd should be fine

4 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

So has Hggins overtaken Boyd or is Boyd still #1?

No.  I don't see either of them really being in a position to overtake the other.  I think they compliment each other really well.  Some weeks Higgins will have the better week.  Some weeks Boyd will have the better week.  Based on how much Burrow is throwing the ball(and his encouraging play) I think there will be more than enough for both to feast as we move forward, especially long term when AJ is gone after the year.   I think they will both open things up for each other.  If Boyd is doing well in the slot then Higgins can get over the top.  If Higgins is taking defenses deep and having the safety drop back then that opens space for Boyd in the intermediate space.  A lot of encouraging stuff with these two. 

If Higgins didn't have the big 64 yard play then him and Boyd would have had the same stat line.   If I'm in keeper/dynasty leagues I would be looking to acquire either one of them..especially Boyd in PPR.  I think this will be a dominating trio(burrow, boyd, higgins) for years to come. 

I actually just traded Higgins because I had too many Bengals, but he's someone I'm really hopeful for. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:

Green seemed to be running shorter routes last game for the first time this year.  Feels like they finally figured out he could not play his old role anymore which opens the door for Higgins to really take that over.

His value seems to be surging...great news. Must start vs. browns. 

I’m surprised it’s already happening in week 7, but my squad is mostly healthy and I’m still thinking of Higgins at WR2 over both Robinson and Lockett. He is WR28 overall in standard and that includes 0 week 1 and just 3.5 week 2. Depending on your other options I think he’s a viable every-week starter until we see otherwise.

2 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

I’m surprised it’s already happening in week 7, but my squad is mostly healthy and I’m still thinking of Higgins at WR2 over both Robinson and Lockett. He is WR28 overall in standard and that includes 0 week 1 and just 3.5 week 2. Depending on your other options I think he’s a viable every-week starter until we see otherwise.

He's become my WR2 over OBJ.  I think he's going to be rock solid and consistent in PPR all year.

What is everyone thinking for this week?  Right now I'm flexing Higgins over Montgomery in a 0.5 PPR.  Looks like there's been a lot of great games for WRs against Cleveland so it's just too tempting to play Higgins.

1 minute ago, ZappB said:

What is everyone thinking for this week?  Right now I'm flexing Higgins over Montgomery in a 0.5 PPR.  Looks like there's been a lot of great games for WRs against Cleveland so it's just too tempting to play Higgins.

He's the deep guy if Burrow can stay upright long enough to get it to him. Moving forward, if AJ stays more in the slot, Higgins should be getting those balls that AJ was getting earlier in season and whiffing on. Higgins gets separation and should haul those in, no problem. I think he'll have a pretty safe floor from here on out. I'm thinking 5/90/1 for this week.

• Like 2