lolcopter

KJ Hamler 2020 Outlook

As with Jeudy, not sure how fantasy relevant he'll be, but as a Bronco homer I'm stoked and figured I may as well get this ball rolling

Posted (edited)

@lolcopterThe eternal search for a returner who can run and won’t fumble lol

hoping it turns out better than the last PSU wr 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

I thought Spencer did an okay job last season but he's a zero at WR so this pick makes a lot of sense

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

hoping it turns out better than the last PSU wr 

His problem in college was drops and fumbles, supposedly concentration concerns? 🤷‍♂️

Electric player though

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

My only regret is that Bolles is still the left tackle.

Aside from that, things are looking up for the Broncos offense.

Elway is clearly building an offense for Rodgers when he inevitably ops out of Green Bay in a couple years

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Elway is clearly building an offense for Rodgers when he inevitably ops out of Green Bay in a couple years

ARod would have to leave a lot of money on the table to opt out.

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I'll allow it.

• Like 1

like the idea to try and outscore KC. dont care how stacked ur def is mahomes hill kelce ect cant be contained for a full game. only way to win will be shootout with some luck.

He is not a threat because KJ might be a clear bust,this kid is 5-9 and 175lb,the Last Guy that I Saw that slim was Travis Benjamin with 5'10 and 175 aswell,as someone that watched the Chargers,he would NEVER run a inside route,coaches pretty knew that TB couldnt handle a hit,KJ doesnt have NFL body,he need to put at least 27 lbs to not be break apart and we dont know how that could affect his speed,besides all of that,he didnt ran the 40 yard,so we have no Idea how much fast he truly is,a lot of red flags on him,wouldnt be surprise If he never makes It.

4 minutes ago, MarielJr said:

He is not a threat because KJ might be a clear bust,this kid is 5-9 and 175lb,the Last Guy that I Saw that slim was Travis Benjamin with 5'10 and 175 aswell,as someone that watched the Chargers,he would NEVER run a inside route,coaches pretty knew that TB couldnt handle a hit,KJ doesnt have NFL body,he need to put at least 27 lbs to not be break apart and we dont know how that could affect his speed,besides all of that,he didnt ran the 40 yard,so we have no Idea how much fast he truly is,a lot of red flags on him,wouldnt be surprise If he never makes It.

At least 27 pounds to not be break apart.  K 
Not 25...not 30

lol

Djax is 5’10” 175 and blazing fast just like Hamler.   A guy like that stretches the D for Sutton, Fant, Jeudy.  Hamler will also be the primary returner-  which has plagued Denver for most of the past 5 seasons.  Even if that ends up being his primary role-  will be worth it if he does it well.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

At least 27 pounds to not be break apart.  K 
Not 25...not 30

lol

Djax is 5’10” 175 and blazing fast just like Hamler.   A guy like that stretches the D for Sutton, Fant, Jeudy.  Hamler will also be the primary returner-  which has plagued Denver for most of the past 5 seasons.  Even if that ends up being his primary role-  will be worth it if he does it well.  

I worry because he is playing as a slot,hits Will be way harder than the outside WRs get,kid Will be running around LBs,besides,If u compare him with a Guy in a similar role,Thill is 185lbs,I dont know If is the way KJ is built aswell,I dont think he have a Lot of mass on him,If he can bulk and keep the speed,It would be huge for him but...idk..look this picture,imagine Bosa/Hitchens/Littleton even touching this Guy..

images (21).jpeg

Edited by MarielJr

4 hours ago, MarielJr said:

,this kid is 5-9 and 175lb,

Marquise Brown is 5-9 and 170.

The NFL is not all about being 6-5 and 250. There is definitely room for smaller guys. It might be in the special teams for him though.

• Like 1

Not sure how relevant he'll be for re-draft this year.  A lot of competition for touches in Denver now so I imagine Hamler will see a couple deep shots each game.  I would be surprised if he averages more than 3-4 targets a game.  If one of those bombs hit, he's probably a top 15 option for that week.  But if he doesn't connect on a long one, his floor is virtually zero.  Great best ball selection.  

7 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Not sure how relevant he'll be for re-draft this year.  A lot of competition for touches in Denver now so I imagine Hamler will see a couple deep shots each game.  I would be surprised if he averages more than 3-4 targets a game.  If one of those bombs hit, he's probably a top 15 option for that week.  But if he doesn't connect on a long one, his floor is virtually zero.  Great best ball selection.  

Reminds me of Hardman last year a bit in terms of 2020 potential.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That's a good comparison IMO

Not a guy I’m looking for in redraft or dynasty.   Jeudy, Sutton, Fant, and the rbs will dominate targets while Hamler takes a back seat.  A smattering of gadget plays and the occasional deep route.   Doubt this changes much in the future either.  All these Denver pass catchers are young.  

He’ll be more impactful to the return game IF he can hold onto the ball.   

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Not a guy I’m looking for in redraft or dynasty.   Jeudy, Sutton, Fant, and the rbs will dominate targets while Hamler takes a back seat.  A smattering of gadget plays and the occasional deep route.   Doubt this changes much in the future either.  All these Denver pass catchers are young.  

He’ll be more impactful to the return game IF he can hold onto the ball.   

I could see him being more impactful IRL than fantasy if he's able to hold on to the ball...could open up more opportunities for those guys in the short and intermediate passing game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BMcP said:

Exactly but on a worse offense.  IMO, Hardman was unstartable last year and should have been left on the WW.  Best finish of the season was WR 14, and he was only a WR2 4 times, never a WR1, and was WR3 or worse 12 times, including multiple games finishing in the 100+range.  

So for me, Hamler should stay on the WW this year.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Exactly but on a worse offense.  IMO, Hardman was unstartable last year and should have been left on the WW.  Best finish of the season was WR 14, and he was only a WR2 4 times, never a WR1, and was WR3 or worse 12 times, including multiple games finishing in the 100+range.  

So for me, Hamler should stay on the WW this year.  

I agree - both for those reasons and the sheer staggering number of targets Lock suddenly has to choose from.  He’ll be an interesting one to follow, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I agree - both for those reasons and the sheer staggering number of targets Lock suddenly has to choose from.  He’ll be an interesting one to follow, though.

Yeah I'm a big time PSU fan so I always root for alum to succeed in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 3:13 AM, devaster said:

Thanks now I can't think of his name without being reminded of this picture and having a sudden craving for hamburgers. Completely undraftable for me now.

• Like 1